News Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to permanently close this fall

Wendy Pleakley

I wonder what they will do on the last "voyage"? Maybe get the cantina band to play "Nearer my god to thee". Sounds appropriate considering this one has officially going down with all hands on deck.

1685137044550.png

1685136879498.png

1685136931559.png

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney has added the following information to the Galactic Starcruiser website.

Important Information

As of May 26, 2023 at 4:30pm ET, Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is unavailable for new bookings.

However, availability may still be subject to change and a very limited number of rooms could become available for new bookings from time to time. Please continue to check the online calendar for the latest availability.

AshaNeOmah

FOMO may be some but others want the experience and it's time is running out.
This is me.

Sure, it's a style of FOMO I guess, but it was never a question of if do it. Other than financial ruin or other life problems, Galactic Starcruiser was in my future. Now it has to be in my immediate future.

I've had a dozen friends tell me they were shocked I wasn't there the first few weeks... and they're right. I should have honestly.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I wonder what they will do on the last "voyage"? Maybe get the cantina band to play "Nearer my god to thee". Sounds appropriate considering this one has officially going down with all hands on deck.
There's going to be an upcharge of somebody playing taps on a kazoo and a $500 cupcake

SoFloMagic

Disney has added the following information to the Galactic Starcruiser website.

Important Information

As of May 26, 2023 at 4:30pm ET, Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is unavailable for new bookings.

However, availability may still be subject to change and a very limited number of rooms could become available for new bookings from time to time. Please continue to check the online calendar for the latest availability.
They couldn't have expected this, right? Is it really just scarcity driving demand? And if so, does that just show that they priced it too high to have any chance of scarcity?

kingdead

They couldn't have expected this, right? Is it really just scarcity driving demand? And if so, does that just show that they priced it too high to have any chance of scarcity?
FOMO, but I think--and correct me if I'm wrong--that they had already sold bookings for further out than September. Those people's trips had to be consolidated into the remaining time.

GimpYancIent

Just as there was a clamor to get a voyage on the Star Cruiser when it opened because it was new and fresh, now, there is a clamor to get one of the last cruises before it is shuttered. It's a bragging right thing, the I was there when it opened and now it's the I was there when it closed. It would be funny if B.I. decided to extend the closing date indef to see how much can be squeezed out of this its closing so I need to go phenomena.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
How I would love to hear that Fletcher Hodges was seen taking measurements of certain common areas.

If that happens (which it won’t cause Disney doesn’t care about “us”) - The rooms could be equipped with cots for all I care. Book me for a year straight.

Lilofan

Maybe start to cry.. Cast applied to work at the SW location. After the last day they maybe sent to work in a location that needs them due to shortages. The roles may not be their choice but at least they are still employed.

TheMaxRebo

Just as there was a clamor to get a voyage on the Star Cruiser when it opened because it was new and fresh, now, there is a clamor to get one of the last cruises before it is shuttered. It's a bragging right thing, the I was there when it opened and now it's the I was there when it closed. It would be funny if B.I. decided to extend the closing date indef to see how much can be squeezed out of this its closing so I need to go phenomena.

Also just people that were on the fence/holding off decided to pull the trigger and fans booking one last trip

dreamfinder912

Also just people that were on the fence/holding off decided to pull the trigger and fans booking one last trip
Yes, for sure. And a lot of us moved trips up. My family had been part of the group chartering it in Jan 24 for an adults only, cosplayer voyage. From the various planning and costuming groups I'm in, it's a split between people pushing their planned trips up, people who had been scheduled oct-dec of this year, and people jumping on their last chance to go. Between these groups it seemed more return travelers than first timers, maybe 70/30 by my estimate.

I got lucky and booked early today. But in true Disney fashion, it was an absolute disaster again. Busy circuits, sitting on hold just to be told the queue was full and to try later, even the travel agents hit the same problems. Opinions on the Starcruiser itself aside, Disney flubbed booking...again. It was pretty sad to see they didn't do more to fix the booking process. People who didn't know oh call AP or the main resort line and get transferred or to keep on hold even if the music stops. Just terribly frustrating.

JoeCamel

Yes, for sure. And a lot of us moved trips up. My family had been part of the group chartering it in Jan 24 for an adults only, cosplayer voyage. From the various planning and costuming groups I'm in, it's a split between people pushing their planned trips up, people who had been scheduled oct-dec of this year, and people jumping on their last chance to go. Between these groups it seemed more return travelers than first timers, maybe 70/30 by my estimate.

I got lucky and booked early today. But in true Disney fashion, it was an absolute disaster again. Busy circuits, sitting on hold just to be told the queue was full and to try later, even the travel agents hit the same problems. Opinions on the Starcruiser itself aside, Disney flubbed booking...again. It was pretty sad to see they didn't do more to fix the booking process. People who didn't know oh call AP or the main resort line and get transferred or to keep on hold even if the music stops. Just terribly frustrating.
I hope you don't get a pared down version due to staff moving on as they can.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom