Star Wars:Galactic Starcruiser Price Guessing Thread

the.dreamfinder

Original Poster
Ladies and Gentlemen, time to place your bets. We know that Disney will charge guests who want to experience SW: Galactic Starcruiser on a per person basis, but how much will they charge?

My guess:
No differentiation between children and adults
$1000-1500 per person depending on time of year

Parker in NYC

$1823.62 per person for the pleb cabin.
$2398.54 per person for one of the whatever first class captain cabins.
Extra add-ons for fine dining at $160 per person.
$80 per car per day for on-site valet parking (the only option).
Alcoholic beverages and merchandise extra.

Tom P.

Am I the only one who has absolutely no interest in this hotel? I am a science fiction and Star Wars fan. I should be their target demographic. But two days of role playing does nothing for me. If I'm going to Walt Disney World, I've got better things to do with my time than pretend to be a Star Wars character. 🤷‍♂️

DisneyJoe

• Beverage package $??? - similar to what cruise ships offer, not sure of a price here
Disney Cruise Line has all non-alcoholic beverages "included" in the price, but there are wine and beer packages for purchase. I'd expect similar here.

DCL also has unlimited quick service included (pizza, burgers, hot dogs, fries, ice cream, etc) as well as a buffet and room service - not sure how extensive they will go in this scenario - but I would expect a bit more than limited snacks.

epcotisbest

Am I the only one who has absolutely no interest in this hotel? I am a science fiction and Star Wars fan. I should be their target demographic. But two days of role playing does nothing for me. If I'm going to Walt Disney World, I've got better things to do with my time than pretend to be a Star Wars character. 🤷‍♂️

I'm a Star Wars fan too, but this has zero appeal to me, even if it was priced at a reasonable amount.

DisneyJoe

Some people are REALLY into it, just look at Comic-Con and other events. You sound like you don't quite meet the target market for this experience.

If you view it as only a hotel, and not an experience, then you definitely aren't.

Tom P.

Some people are REALLY into it, just look at Comic-Con and other events. You sound like you don't quite meet the target market for this experience.

If you view it as only a hotel, and not an experience, then you definitely aren't.
It's not that I don't view it as an experience. It's that I don't have any interest in the experience. For that matter, I'm just about over the "immersive experience" thing in general. I don't need fully immersive experiences. Just give me good rides and attractions. I would have preferred that Galaxy's Edge, for example, have skipped all of the immersive detail in the land and just had two more good rides. But I know I'm probably in the minority.

correcaminos

It's not that I don't view it as an experience. It's that I don't have any interest in the experience. For that matter, I'm just about over the "immersive experience" thing in general. I don't need fully immersive experiences. Just give me good rides and attractions. I would have preferred that Galaxy's Edge, for example, have skipped all of the immersive detail in the land and just had two more good rides. But I know I'm probably in the minority.
you aren't alone. I'm not much for that either. 2 days is about 1.5 days too long for me lol

Dave B

I think this hotel will draw in a lot of NON Disney fans and they might actually only come for this type of event, it could be an actual boost to attendance

JohnD

My guess is a base cost for two people to be $3200 + optional experiences, taxes and gratuities. This is actually a price I would consider reasonable enough to want to do - one time.

Here's the breakdown of my guess for two people in one room:
  • Stay is 2 days, 2 nights. Assume a standard room and check-in at 3pm, check-out at 11am.
  • Room $2,000 total per room (not including taxes). This would be $1,000/nt * 2 nights. I expect a per room charge, not per person, much like a cruise ship. And, the price is not out of line with a stay at a Deluxe WDW resort.
  • Meals $250 per person. This assumes dinner on check-in day three meals on the one full day, breakfast on check-out day, plus drinks (including adult beverages) and snacks. I'm assuming table service prices for a character experience is a good comparison for all meals. This puts the meals in a similar category to the DDP which is $119 per night for three meals. If we assume 5 full meals plus limited snacks and drinks, plus a bit of a markup for the experience and beverages at the lounge, $250 total per person for food could be reasonable compared to the DDP.
  • Batuu "excursion" $100 per person. This is slightly less than a one-day ticket to HS, but I'm expecting the time on Batuu would be much less than a full day, but be more immersive.
  • On Board "experiences" $250 per person.
    • Light saber training $50 per person. Some short tour experiences at WDW are less, some more. Includes a light saber for training use, but not to keep.
    • Bridge experience $100 per person. Again, a ball park for an experience based on other WDW tour prices.
    • Engineering room experience $100 per person. Similar to K2K or similar behind the scenes tours at WDW.
  • Other Optional expenses (not included in the total)
    • Build a light saber on Batuu $200 per person
    • Build a droid on Batuu $100 per person
    • Costuming $100 per person (optional). This would be a costume rental for the entire trip, so that guests can be in character if they wish, and do not have their own costumes.
    • Beverage package $??? - similar to what cruise ships offer, not sure of a price here

$3,263.827, round to $3,263.83

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The title of this thread is about guessing a price. Not saying that you won't go. Go ahead and start a thread that says, "If you don't care to go to the Star Wars Resort, or want to talk about whether others will or won't, tell us all about it here!!"

I'm a Star Wars fan too, but this has zero appeal to me, even if it was priced at a reasonable amount.
you aren't alone. I'm not much for that either. 2 days is about 1.5 days too long for me lol
I think this hotel will draw in a lot of NON Disney fans and they might actually only come for this type of event, it could be an actual boost to attendance

Tom P.

The title of this thread is about guessing a price. Not saying that you won't go. Go ahead and start a thread that says, "If you don't care to go to the Star Wars Resort, or want to talk about whether others will or won't, tell us all about it here!!"
This is a discussion board and every thread has some discussion that is not directly related to the original topic. It is natural and it happens all the time. As long as the thread is not derailed from its original purpose, I see no harm in that.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This is a discussion board and every thread has some discussion that is not directly related to the original topic. It is natural and it happens all the time. As long as the thread is not derailed from its original purpose, I see no harm in that.

There's already a thread to discuss SW hotel in general. In as short as this thread is, there was already 5 off-topic posts and the beginning of a debate of whether people want to go or not... which was covered several times in the other thread.

Tom P.

There's already a thread to discuss SW hotel in general. In as short as this thread is, there was already 5 off-topic posts and the beginning of a debate of whether people want to go or not... which was covered several times in the other thread.
As the person who made the initial comment, I apologize if I pulled the thread too far afield. I guess I just view these threads as conversations, which can naturally take twists and turns, rather than strict structured topics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom