News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

MrPromey

Which begs the question what happens if you miss the shuttle back up to the 'ship'? Does it 'leave port' and you miss out on the rest of your adventure, like a real cruise experience... or do you just have to walk back across the parking lot yourself and flash your room key at the security guard on the bridge?

My guess is you'll get shuttled in a white van-of-shame back to the port and have to pay for an off-schedule flight back to the Star Cruiser which I'm sure, will cost you many credits. 🤣

Last edited:

UNCgolf

That's a good question, at least to me. The page specifically mentions excursions to Batuu, not Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios, so I assume you'll be in Batuu and ONLY Batuu. So how will they enforce this?

Or am I mistaken and you can go to anywhere in Disney World?

I don't think they would prevent you from going elsewhere if you wanted, but why would you? You're paying all that money for the specific experience they're offering; if you leave and go to another park or anywhere else you're no longer getting what you paid for. You should just stay at a hotel if that's what you want to do.

padlock

Even though I could technically afford it (though it would use up my travel budget for a whole year), the posted prices are about 400% more than I'd be willing to pay.

I'll just put the money towards a ride on a Virgin Galactic flight instead.

MrPromey

Another serious thought/question:

I wonder if all 100 rooms will be on the same two-day rotation or if there will be overlap?

I'm guessing from an operational standpoint, they'd need the overlap to keep certain activities and experiences open for all guests to have a crack at but at the same time, if there are things happening in the public spaces, it might be weird to be walking by a recreation of the experience of something you did the day/night before...

This also makes me wonder on these "unplanned" things, if they will be specific to guests/parties or if you can expect to be doing these "adventures" in groups that include other guests, too.

On the one hand, it's kind of difficult to imagine them staffing and spacing this well enough to offer every single group or sub-group their own little totally unique "encounters" but at the same time, if someone is paying that much to find themselves saddled with a lame "team", that would certainly be disappointing.

Okay, now I'm actually starting to ask buying questions. :banghead: I need to stop this and get back to work.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Another serious thought/question:

I wonder if all 100 rooms will be on the same two-day rotation or if there will be overlap?

I'm guessing from an operational standpoint, they'd need the overlap to keep certain activities and experiences open for all guests to have a crack at but at the same time, if there are things happening in the public spaces, it might be weird to be walking by a recreation of the experience of something you did the day/night before...

This also makes me wonder on these "unplanned" things, if they will be specific to guests/parties or if you can expect to be doing these "adventures" in groups that include other guests, too.

On the one hand, it's kind of difficult to imagine them staffing and spacing this well enough to offer every single group or sub-group their own little totally unique "encounters" but at the same time, if someone is paying that much to find themselves saddled with a lame "team", that would certainly be disappointing.

Okay, now I'm actually starting to ask buying questions. :banghead: I need to stop this and get back to work.
Everyone will be on the same cruise at the same time. No overlaps.

You can't do a large day 1 evening event and a day 2 large evening event on the same day.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Which begs the question what happens if you miss the shuttle back up to the 'ship'? Does it 'leave port' and you miss out on the rest of your adventure, like a real cruise experience... or do you just have to walk back across the parking lot yourself and flash your room key at the security guard on the bridge?

The shuttles are pretty small so I presume there will be multiple shuttles per day so that may handle the case where someone misses their shuttle.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That's a good question, at least to me. The page specifically mentions excursions to Batuu, not Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios, so I assume you'll be in Batuu and ONLY Batuu. So how will they enforce this?

Or am I mistaken and you can go to anywhere in Disney World?

For dining it says this...

"During your planet excursion to Batuu, you can enjoy a quick-service meal at Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo or other select locations at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. *"

Which implies to me you will not be restricted to just GE.

Ghostdog

I snapped this pic while on a Disney bus last week and believe it’s the progress of the galactic cruiser site. 🤷‍♀️
A2DEB5DC-52E8-4FA2-A661-FC83A01ECA45.jpeg

kingdead

I'm assuming that each "adventure" is pretty hands-off and similar because there just aren't that many actors and the nature of the experience means that is 1. going to be a group decision that 2. is going to go one way (the majority of guests aren't going to choose "sell Baby Yoda out to Stormtroopers.") Basically it's a more complicated character meet and greet.

BoarderPhreak

I can, with 100% certainty, say that I will never be gracing the doors of the Galactic Starcruiser™. :D

"Two guests per cabin will be $1,209 per guest per night for a grand total of $4,809 for the full experience." Throw in a single kid and it jumps to $5,299... FOR TWO NIGHTS!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom