News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

GimpYancIent

not a chance. When disney is charging 700/night just for a hotel room in deluxes... and this is room, food, and entertainment...
Way back in August 2019 the cost projections were; "Cabin for one? Pricing for a 2-night/3-day stay starts at $3,300 for one person, or just over $1,000 per person, per day. Cabins do sleep up to five passengers, so there’s also the option of maxing out the cabin occupancy for a relatively cheaper price per person. A cabin with five passengers would cost $7,200, or roughly $1,440 per person, for a more feasible $480 per person, per day price range." Now that was in 2019 dollars, Hmmmmm wonder what the projections will be in 2022 dollars?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The failures of Galaxy's Edge have been well documented and discussed on these forums even by insiders like Martin. What I am saying is nothing new.
You're forgetting what the business considers successful. Did it create huge crowds and thus more tickets sales? No. Not at first. Not until RotR went live. But then, it did.

Did it increase per cap spending? Oh, yes. Yes it did. $100 droids and $200 sabers it did.

UNCgolf

You're forgetting what the business considers successful. Did it create huge crowds and thus more tickets sales? No. Not at first. Not until RotR went live. But then, it did.

Did it increase per cap spending? Oh, yes. Yes it did. $100 droids and $200 sabers it did.

This sounds right to me.

I wasn't very impressed with Galaxy's Edge (didn't get to do Rise which looks fantastic, but nothing else in the land was especially great), but I'm sure Disney is very happy with their investment. The droid and lightsaber shops were both very busy when I was there, so they must be raking in profits.

It also looks like the best thing ever compared to what's a few hundred feet north/northwest.

Last edited:

GimpYancIent

The failures of Galaxy's Edge have been well documented and discussed on these forums even by insiders like Martin. What I am saying is nothing new.
1620527484777.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
BlogMickey seems to think that since the permits for props on the Halcyon have an expiration date of the end of January, 2022, then that is a likely timeframe for the 'ship' to open, though, he admits not necessarily (there can be other, further work that needs to be done).

So, will it open in January?

izzard yes no.gif

danlb_2000

Premium Member
BlogMickey seems to think that since the permits for props on the Halcyon have an expiration date of the end of January, 2022, then that is a likely timeframe for the 'ship' to open, though, he admits not necessarily (there can be other, further work that needs to be done).

So, will it open in January?

View attachment 556661

Even under normal conditions I wouldn't read to much into that date. Just because the prop installation is done doesn't mean it's ready to open, and of course conditions aren't normal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom