News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

aliceismad

There are 5 of us and I really don't think the accomodation is sufficient without a second room - WAY too expensive. The bunk beds look really small and unless you have tiny children for the price you can stay in much roomier accommodation.
Have you ever been on a cruise ship? Even interior rooms can usually accommodate 4 adults with bunk beds, although perhaps not in ideal comfort. (My 6-4 husband has slept on a cruise bunk bed.)

I think what is going to disappoint some people about the starcruiser is the boutique nature of it. It's going to be a small hotel/cruise experience. It's going to be (wildly) expensive. Disney is not designing this for a mass market or the average American family. They know that not everyone will enjoy this experience AND they know that they are pricing out a large segment of the American market. I'm sure the business case process for this was intense, and I'm not sure they've done anything quite like this before.

runnsally

Same reason a cruise ship does - to house the naughty people who try to bring their own booze on board. 🤣

Seriously though, I assume it's a part of the whole role-playing aspect.
Yes - I assume it’s a story element. Otherwise seems like a strange thing to include on a romanticized version of a cruise.

Maybe I’m underestimating the size of the public spaces, but curious to see what the options are for unstructured activity, especially at night. Seems tight.

_caleb

This is a space ship.
The Axiom in WALL-E had a pool, but this isn't that ship.
Disney might have missed a huge opportunity by not bringing us the Axiom experience.
Love the idea, but the storyline would be hard to market. In an Axiom experience, who are the guests? The obese people in sweatsuits who travel about on hoverchairs and can’t be bothered to chew their food?

aliceismad

This is a space ship.
The Axiom in WALL-E had a pool, but this isn't that ship.
Disney might have missed a huge opportunity by not bringing us the Axiom experience.
An Axiom would be cool (at least I think so because I love Wall-E), but at this scale, I bet there are more die-hard SW fans likely to spend thousands of dollars a night. An Axiom seems like it would have to be a larger scale, mass tourism model without the role-playing part and aimed more at people with kids.

Fear

Thanks for posting those.

What’s the pink space on the 2nd floor, above the restaurant and behind the bridge? It isn’t labelled.
Looks to be the Atrium, since there's a catwalk above it. Looks like the Launch Pod is a lift/simulator that moves you from Ground Level to 2nd Floor, then when you exit the Launch Pod you enter into it. It tracks that the TSR would be one floor below the "Entry Level" for the experience.

corran horn

Have you ever been on a cruise ship? Even interior rooms can usually accommodate 4 adults with bunk beds, although perhaps not in ideal comfort. (My 6-4 husband has slept on a cruise bunk bed.)

I think what is going to disappoint some people about the starcruiser is the boutique nature of it. It's going to be a small hotel/cruise experience. It's going to be (wildly) expensive. Disney is not designing this for a mass market or the average American family. They know that not everyone will enjoy this experience AND they know that they are pricing out a large segment of the American market. I'm sure the business case process for this was intense, and I'm not sure they've done anything quite like this before.
But what if I want to smoke? (ducks)

I jokingly thought there'd be a brig and indeed there's a brig.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom