01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg

nickys

Premium Member
this thing is going to fail so hard in my opinion. it will be treated as novelity at first but i think the honeymoon will end quickly because it is too expensive and a family spending that much want to enjoy a high end hotel and not really want to role play to be honest.
It isn’t just your typical Disney vacation family who will come for this. A whole new set of Star Wars fans will be interested in the mini LARPing experience it’ll offer.

nickys

Premium Member
I for one am looking forward to checking this out. Admittedly I’m not a big fan of The Sequels and am hoping for some OT and Mando references. But I will go into it with an open mind.
This is DH’s bucket list item, so 🤞 I’ll be checking it out too. Not sure whatI’ll make of it but as long as I can do some Jedi Training I’ll be happy. And if it gets too much I’ll just retreat to the lounge.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Well that's stupid. Hollywood Studios is not even a full day park. For the price they are paying people are going to want to experience all the parks I would imagine.

Your stay here is two days, then you transfer to a normal resort for the rest of your stay. like it or not, you are probably going to be seeing more and more of this sort of experience. I think Disney is going to see that these sort of boutique, upcharge experience are the most efficient way to increase revenue.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
You go first and report back. Meanwhile, I’ll be hoarding Chase Disney Visa points to prepare lol.

You know. Good point. I really wish that Disney Resort Hotels would create some type of loyalty program. Whereby you could also transfer points into it. AMEX is converting at 1 to 2.8 for Hilton and 1 to 1.4 for Marriott. If I had the option to move them into a Disney loyalty program most of my points would go there.

SplashJacket

Your stay here is two days, then you transfer to a normal resort for the rest of your stay. like it or not, you are probably going to be seeing more and more of this sort of experience. I think Disney is going to see that these sort of boutique, upcharge experience are the most efficient way to increase revenue.
I honestly think this is the best route for the average guest. Instead of being nickel and dimed at every corner from the park, the up-charging is targeting a very specific demographic outside of the park. If members of the top 1% want to pay a 10x premium for special experiences that don't affect the experiences of other guests, I don't see how the average guest is harmed.

That being said, Disney could always implement paid FastPasses. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they change FastPasses to resort guests only, now that resort perks have been slashed.

Hopefully, though, the boutique, upcharge experiences, that you're talking about stay within their own realm.

matt9112

To reiterate :

The Star Wars hotel is not a hotel. It's an experience with sleeping quarters.

The rooms are the same size as a cruise liner. So, if you think of these rooms are too small, then you certainly do not want to go on a cruise unless you pay a lot more for a suite.

But cruises have all those amenities and you know....cruise around....i just think this whole idea will come across odd to many. Sure die hards will love it (assuming they dump the modern trilogy and keep it generic and open ended) BUT i suppose thats who they expect to sell it too. Its small enough it might work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom