News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

danlb_2000

Premium Member
And if you're bored and want to go elsewhere... there will be no Disney transportation to take you from Halcyon to anywhere. Your own car won't be nearby, either. You'll have to Uber/Lyft/Minnie your way in and out (and 'ride' the simulated spaceship to planet transport in the lobby each way in and out).

We do not know this.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Don't know what? That there won't be a bus leaving the Halcyon every 20 minutes for MK?

Correct, anything about transportation is just an assumption at this point. Yes, I agree that a bus going to MK every 20 minutes is very unlikely, but we don't know for sure that there will be no transportation options, other then the shuttle to DHS. Also, the parking lot is not that far away and there is a walking path to it, so you could take your car if you want.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Correct, anything about transportation is just an assumption at this point. Yes, I agree that a bus going to MK every 20 minutes is very unlikely, but we don't know for sure that there will be no transportation options, other then the shuttle to DHS. Also, the parking lot is not that far away and there is a walking path to it, so you could take your car if you want.

Yeah... that's like when people say "surely there will be a pool, you're just making an assumption there won't be" or "surely we can just stay there like regular guests at any other Disney property."

Some assumptions are better than others. I will bank on no buses to the MK every 20 minutes.

And holding out for wild things to happen, such as MK buses is an assumption on your part if you think that's a real possibility.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yeah... that's like when people say "surely there will be a pool, you're just making an assumption there won't be" or "surely we can just stay there like regular guests at any other Disney property."

Some assumptions are better than others. I will bank on no buses to the MK every 20 minutes.

And holding out for wild things to happen, such as MK buses is an assumption on your part if you think that's a real possibility.

We know there will be no pool because we have seen the plans and seen the construction. My assumption is that you will be able to stay there like a regular guest if that's what you really want to do.

Yes, some assumptions are better then others, but your original post stated those things as if they were fact not your personal assumptions.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
That's great and all, but it's on land, and if people aren't able to easily get to their cars or get transportation to someplace else, I think they're going to have big problems.
I think they'll make it abundantly clear in the reservation and confirmation transactions what the experience will be like. People will know what to expect, and won't stay there if they can't or won't accept any such limitations.

For the prices they'll be charging, who knows -- maybe they'll include limousines to get people to the other 3 parks.

ImperfectPixie

I think they'll make it abundantly clear in the reservation and confirmation transactions what the experience will be like. People will know what to expect, and won't stay there if they can't or won't accept any such limitations.

For the prices they'll be charging, who knows -- maybe they'll include limousines to get people to the other 3 parks.
Yeah...I don't have that much faith in Miss Karen the Queen of Entitlement.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Yeah, but there probably won't be a lot of value in it if you don't participate.
We still don't know all the details.

Many find value in a Disney Cruise even if they choose not to participate in every single activity available.

Value is subjective.

dmw

In the Parks
No
Yeah I don't think they will have trouble filling the rooms with superfans who want to play along. Look how many people attend Star Wars Celebration.
And, Disney is probably counting on people not just coming for the one Star Wars hotel experience. Many guest are likely to visit other parks before or after the Star Wars hotel experience, so more concession and ticket sales revenue is highly likely, and possibly additional on-site hotel revenue.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There will only be about 3,000 reservations per year. They don't need hundreds of thousands of people to make a go of it.

Where did you come up with that number? We know it's a two night experience and about 100 rooms. Even if they leave a down day in between that still 12,000 reservations possible per year. Even at that I don't think they will have a problem filling it once things get closer to normal. Vloggers alone will take care of the first year. :)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Where did you come up with that number? We know it's a two night experience and about 100 rooms. Even if they leave a down day in between that still 12,000 reservations possible per year. Even at that I don't think they will have a problem filling it once things get closer to normal. Vloggers alone will take care of the first year. :)

Oops! I was going through the thread yesterday to update the rumor tracker and I misread "3K" as the number of reservations, when that was really one of the bandied about prices: $3K for the 2 night stay. :facepalm:

Your math is right. If they check-out in the morning and take check-ins in the afternoon, that's 18,000 reservations per year. Or 12,100 if they leave a day to clean and reset between each event.

But I agree with you that that still going to be filled by fans (and not to mention the ones who will repeat!).

Thelazer

Still shocked that this project continues on. They can't even get equity back to work in the parks, how this thing will be staffed in the age of Covid-19 (or whatever comes next) is beyond me.

GimpYancIent

Ok so a lot of cerebral energy and money has been poured into this project. I say look how forward thinking the concept was that in a pre-COVID19 era a Star Wars experience was designed that is actually a bubble. Get cleared, enclosed, isolated, have a fantasy experience (yes fun) in a bubble. I like it. The imaginEars need to keep going with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom