News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

mergatroid

Another “real” Star Wars fan here that loved the land. Who knew I was such an outcast.

You like it, I like it, many others like it too. However somebody else on here seems to want to speak for all of us with a different opinion on that, stating it as a fact like they've researched it. Maybe they've asked all their Star Wars buddies and they've all said they hate it, if that's the case then they need to explain it a bit better.

Personally from the 5 people on our trip last year, all 5 of us loved it. So from my 'research' that's 100% approval rating for the land. Now I'm not going to use that as a barometer to measure it's success though as that's far too a small number to come to any conclusions. I'm happy to admit that I've read reports from people on here who say they don't like it so I know opinions can be mixed, why others have to claim things on behalf of others is beyond me though?

Movielover

Funny how his clear personal attack
Which is you opinion, however it is wrong.
I never personally attacked him once
The real fans don't want some new land, they wanted to see recreations of scene

1594108367689.png

Another “real” Star Wars fan here that loved the land. Who knew I was such an outcast.

Well from one ""outcast"" to another, I have to ask what did you enjoy the most in the land?

Rogue1138

Fantastic work! Just a member of the Rebel Legion myself but I want to do a BB8 in the future at some point... when I get the money haha!

501st Legion here (Greedo, Stormtrooper, Shadowtrooper, Shoretrooper and Inferno Squad)! Rebel scum... ;)

The amount of gatekeeping in the Star Wars fanbase right now is exhausting. Individuals are allowed (and welcomed) and honest debate is always encouraged. When you start speaking for everyone, then it becomes an illogical opinion. My group of friends do not want to relive the same thing we've seen over and over for the last 40 years. Does that mean all Star Wars fans want that? No. Until I get a job with Lucasfilm making those decisions, I will enjoy the ride and like what I like (The Last Jedi) and dislike what I didn't (Rise of Skywalker).

Either way, I'm super excited to finally be able to go to Galaxy's Edge with my kids for the first time in September (even without building my own lightsaber or any of the shops... :cry:).

Ripken10

View attachment 481933

Well from one ""outcast"" to another, I have to ask what did you enjoy the most in the land?
Honestly, what I would say might lead to more arguements from others even though it’s my opinion. I will just say that being able to step back and look out over the crowd into Star Wars lans gave me a great glimpse of something special we could never do before. And I feel like I didn’t have enough time to see it all which makes it even better

_caleb

I would assume that the Starcruiser might have some flexibility to change storylines–or even multiple storylines–so that it's not easily spoiled by guests sharing their experiences on social media. It seems odd to me that with all the info (observations, leaks, promotional materials, etc.) we don't yet have a good idea of what the 2-day experience will look like for guests. Seems to me that teasing the story a bit more would have been a much better way of promoting the thing. Give us a better idea of how we would spend our time on the "cruise."

ppete1975

Not sure why NOCs would be still being filed if the project was "cancelled" like BlogMickey and other sites said.
applied for before the pandemic? But its Disney, who knows. I think they should have gotten outside sponsorship to pay for part of it, and maybe even run the hotel aspects and let Disney run the actual star wars side.

bpiper

If they are about to install the sets created by Themeworks, wouldn't they have been mostly already paid for? I would assume that Disney would be making progress payments as the sets were constructed by Themeworks, so there would only remain the final payment due once they were installed. If Disney were to just take possession of them them and store them for future installation, they would still be on the hook for part of that last payment. I would assume the payment would be for final construction and a fee for installation. They would only be saving the installation fee, which might not be that much if Buena Vista Construction was going to handle most of the installation with Themeworks supervising. Never mind the fact that Disney might not be able to get out of the installation part, depending upon how the contract was worded.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There may be some things Disney's contractual obligated to do in the absence of a lockdown and Disney isn't fully committed yet to completing SWResort sooner than later. Or, Disney may be totally committed to completing SWResort. Or, more likely, Disney's kicking the decision what to do in light of changing conditions of guests, finances, COVID, and the government.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom