News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Rob562

They can't even make it the Tantive-5 or a Rebel command ship or an Imperial cruiser.
They have to make it some generic "starcruiser" just like they made "Black Spire Outpost" some generic space adventure land.

They have decades of source material from which to choose. Why does Disney wimp out and go generic.

That's like saying that Star Tours is a horrible attraction because the Star Speeder doesn't exist in the films.

-Rob

mergatroid

The whole point of them being small or minor as you call them is to give a sense of familiarity within the land without it feeling like nostalgia overload, it's like the subtly of The Mandalorian compared with the overblown nature of Rogue One. Oh and also I am a real fan and I love Galaxies Edge so your closed minded opinion that "true" fans only wanted recreations of places we saw in the movies is really insufferable.

But you are right, the best thing about Star Wars Galaxy's Edge (besides everything else in the land) is Rise of the Resistance.

My wife and I are Star Wars fans and also love Galaxy's Edge. We also brought 3 friends last year who are bigger Star Wars fans than us (they purchased a droid and a light saber whilst we didn't) and guess what, they loved it too.

Movielover

My wife and I are Star Wars fans and also love Galaxy's Edge. We also brought 3 friends last year who are bigger Star Wars fans than us (they purchased a droid and a light saber whilst we didn't) and guess what, they loved it too.

My trip in February I set 3 out of 6 days dedicated to Hollywood Studios to specifically spend as much time in Galaxies Edge as I could. I loved exploring every nook finding all the small details. The Rise of the Resistance queue was extremely fun for me getting up close with the resistance flight suits since I am working on one myself. One of my favorite moments was while waiting in line for Ronto Roasters Vi noticed my shirt I was wearing and silently appeared at my side asking if I was there on "official Resistance business". Once I told her I was there to be a pilot we then had a solid 10 minute improv back and forth conversation about who was the better pilot, myself or Chewie haha!

1594030317468.png

From that great encounter to building my lightsaber and piloting the Falcon for the first time, then to top it all off with 2 great rides on Rise was one of the best trips I have had to Disneyworld. The land is simply incredible!

1594030151791.png

That's like saying that Star Tours is a horrible attraction because the Star Speeder doesn't exist in the films.

-Rob

Well...

1594030516318.png

😁😁😁

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I am an even bigger Star Wars fan, I built my own screen accurate R2-D2, but I was not impressed with Galaxy's Edge. It's very immersive, but for the most part it wasn't an environment I really wanted to be immersed in.

Movielover

I am an even bigger Star Wars fan, I built my own screen accurate R2-D2, but I was not impressed with Galaxy's Edge. It's very immersive, but for the most part it wasn't an environment I really wanted to be immersed in.

Are you part of the R2 Builders club? Huge props to you for finishing one of them. That is a lot of work!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Are you part of the R2 Builders club? Huge props to you for finishing one of them. That is a lot of work!

Yes, I did a post about my droid here:

Movielover

Yes, I did a post about my droid here:

Fantastic work! Just a member of the Rebel Legion myself but I want to do a BB8 in the future at some point... when I get the money haha!

BromBones

I wouldn't exactly consider his statement a personal attack, but his post did contain strong logical arguments and anecdotal evidence that refutes yours.

Of course you wouldn't because if you are with the fraternity on this site nothing is a personal attack...even when it is.

He stated opinion not fact, but nice try.

BromBones

To be fair, your argument is closer to a personal attack. You literally used a No True Scotsman fallacy in your post. He refuted it by providing a counter example.

I don’t think he’s saying that your opinion of the land is insufferable. He’s pointing out that you are automatically shooting down any counter arguments to your opinion by claiming they are not “real fans”. That is a logical fallacy, and he called it out.

So he refuted my opinion with his opinion and that makes him right. You guys are funny.

peter11435

Of course you wouldn't because if you are with the fraternity on this site nothing is a personal attack...even when it is.

He stated opinion not fact, but nice try.
And yet you actually have used personal attacks in some of your posts.

He stated his opinions and a couple of facts mixed in. Your post was entirely your opinion.

BromBones

-Rob

The Star Speeder is but a very small piece of a much larger ride.
The scenes through which you travel make up the main bulk of the ride.
For the hotel that ship is the entire central point of the attraction.

But apparently some people settle for replacements instead of real Star Wars.

BromBones

Actually you have used personal attacks in this thread.

Incorrect. But I'm sure someone took the stating of my opinion as a "personal attack".
Funny how his clear personal attack is not an attack to the fraternity...but my comments, which were not, automatically are.

What’s incorrect. Nothing in your post was anything but your opinion.

Which is you opinion, however it is wrong.

Darth Snips

So he refuted my opinion with his opinion and that makes him right. You guys are funny.
Hey man, I'm not trying to get in the middle of an argument here. I'm not taking sides. Your opinion is absolutely valid. You're not the only person I've seen who was disappointed by GE. For example, @danlb_2000 shared his opinions above, and his feelings are similar to your own. I may disagree with y'all's opinion, but I didn't intend to insult your personal preferences.

I'm just saddened to see fans (on both sides of arguments like this) who use the "only the REAL Star Wars fans" approach. It comes up a lot, and it is just not a fair thing to say. There are no "real" SW fans; we all like the same thing. We just disagree on specific things to like and dislike within the franchise. And that's cool!

Anyways, I'm realizing now I probably shouldn't have gotten involved. This conversation didn't really concern me, and I feel like I'm not really helping matters. Plus, none of this is really on topic. I'm sorry GE didn't live up to your expectations, but I'm glad you enjoyed Rise! It really is an amazing experience!

MTFBWY

mergatroid

That's fine, not everyone likes the same things Star Wars fans or not. My point was that somebody made the statement that the real fans don't want some new land, they wanted to see recreations of scenes and locations we saw in the movies and I was just clarifying that they were not speaking for all Star Wars fans. See below

The "homages" in Galaxy's Edge (Space Adventure Land) are minor. The land looks okay, but it's pretty bland overall.
The real fans don't want some new land, they wanted to see recreations of scenes and locations we saw in the movies.
And that was Disney's original plan until Kathleen Kennedy got involved to nix the deal.

The best part of Space Adventure Land is the Rise of the Resistance. That is the most Star Wars type of ride.

Just quoting you to explain that not all Star Wars fans feel the same way as you said they did. I've no problem with you not liking it, but not all fans wanted what you did.

Ripken10

That's fine, not everyone likes the same things Star Wars fans or not. My point was that somebody made the statement that the real fans don't want some new land, they wanted to see recreations of scenes and locations we saw in the movies and I was just clarifying that they were not speaking for all Star Wars fans. See below

Just quoting you to explain that not all Star Wars fans feel the same way as you said they did. I've no problem with you not liking it, but not all fans wanted what you did.
Another “real” Star Wars fan here that loved the land. Who knew I was such an outcast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom