News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

corran horn

Some of the ship-based content here (as well as some production design) reminded me of some of the art we've seen for the activities available on the ship...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

BromBones

They can't even make it the Tantive-5 or a Rebel command ship or an Imperial cruiser.
They have to make it some generic "starcruiser" just like they made "Black Spire Outpost" some generic space adventure land.

They have decades of source material from which to choose. Why does Disney wimp out and go generic.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
They can't even make it the Tantive-5 or a Rebel command ship or an Imperial cruiser.
They have to make it some generic "starcruiser" just like they made "Black Spire Outpost" some generic space adventure land.

They have decades of source material from which to choose. Why does Disney wimp out and go generic.

Because it's a family-friendly event. So the setting is a space version of a cruise ship. They weren't going to run family through 48 hours bivouacked on a destroyer constantly in battle.

mergatroid

Maybe because if they made it something from the films or books you'd get people complaining that it doesn't match exactly or such?

Aries1975

Here's a thread that's been discussing that:

Idk if I am tired or dense, but I actually clicked not realizing it was the same thread I have watched for 3 years. 😂 it proves I blindly trust our resident rumormonger a bit too much.

BromBones

You mean like the countless small details and homages to all 3 trilogies present in Galaxies edge that bring a sense of familiarity and nostalgia to the overall land? I'm sure there will be plenty more in the hotel as well.

The "homages" in Galaxy's Edge (Space Adventure Land) are minor. The land looks okay, but it's pretty bland overall.
The real fans don't want some new land, they wanted to see recreations of scenes and locations we saw in the movies.
And that was Disney's original plan until Kathleen Kennedy got involved to nix the deal.

The best part of Space Adventure Land is the Rise of the Resistance. That is the most Star Wars type of ride.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Idk if I am tired or dense, but I actually clicked not realizing it was the same thread I have watched for 3 years. 😂 it proves I blindly trust our resident rumormonger a bit too much.

:)

Yeah, that was the point I was making for someone asking about what was already discussed for a long time. Just. Read. The. Thread. ;)

Movielover

The "homages" in Galaxy's Edge (Space Adventure Land) are minor. The land looks okay, but it's pretty bland overall.
The real fans don't want some new land, they wanted to see recreations of scenes and locations we saw in the movies.
And that was Disney's original plan until Kathleen Kennedy got involved to nix the deal.

The best part of Space Adventure Land is the Rise of the Resistance. That is the most Star Wars type of ride.

The whole point of them being small or minor as you call them is to give a sense of familiarity within the land without it feeling like nostalgia overload, it's like the subtly of The Mandalorian compared with the overblown nature of Rogue One. Oh and also I am a real fan and I love Galaxies Edge so your closed minded opinion that "true" fans only wanted recreations of places we saw in the movies is really insufferable.

But you are right, the best thing about Star Wars Galaxies Edge (besides everything else in the land) is Rise of the Resistance.

PG 134

If ya want a previously existing ship to use for a tour luxury liner(Expanded Universe), Kuari Princess similar civilian model to a ship from Original Trilogy operated by "Galaxy Tours". Similar wording to Galaxy's Edge. If anyone asks about the missing accommodations, Cast Members can reply that those levels of ship are under refurbishment to stay in character or whatever excuse to explain no access. Guests won't see the shape but kinda has same general shape as the hotel building and photo could be used for advertisements and informational guides inside the hotel.

BromBones

your closed minded opinion that "true" fans only wanted recreations of places we saw in the movies is really insufferable.

You lost your entire argument resorting that personal attack.
People resort to personal attacks when the logic in their argument isn't strong enough.

Darth Snips

You lost your entire argument resorting that personal attack.
People resort to personal attacks when the logic in their argument isn't strong enough.
To be fair, your argument is closer to a personal attack. You literally used a No True Scotsman fallacy in your post. He refuted it by providing a counter example.

I don’t think he’s saying that your opinion of the land is insufferable. He’s pointing out that you are automatically shooting down any counter arguments to your opinion by claiming they are not “real fans”. That is a logical fallacy, and he called it out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom