News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

doctornick

Agree on all fronts. But ask yourself whether you would rather that he still started epic threads here. I’d take him back warts and all if it were up to me.

Not me. He had some occasional good inside info and actually was quite knowledgeable and insightful... when he wanted to be.

But most of the time, he was a bully and a jerk who greatly lowered the quality of discourse on these pages. The message board has been much better since he moved on. It's funny because he constantly complained about the lowest common denominator types ruining WDW and yet he proceeded to do the exact same thing in terms of discussions on here rather than be classy and respectful.

Last edited:

the.dreamfinder

Not me. He had some occasional good inside info and actually was quite knowledgeable and insightful... when he wanted to be.

But most of the time, he was a bully and a jerk who greatly lowered the quality of discourse on these pages. The message board has been much better since he moved on. It's funny because he constantly complained about the lowest common denominator types ruining WDW and yet he proceeded to do the exact same thing in terms of discussions on here rather than be classy and respectful.
People inside the company who care about the parks believe the fans are the problem.

Kamikaze

People inside the company who care about the parks believe the fans are the problem.

To some extent, they are. Love what you want, but some things (not going to mention anything by name) are an improvement when they are removed/replaced. But no matter what Disney does, you'll find people that think its a bad move to replace that thing.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, May 22, 2020. A ground level view of the new resort, from the Osceola Parkway exit ramp to World Drive.

IMG_2970.JPG

IMG_2971.JPG

A close-up of the resort entrance.

close up.JPG

Last edited:

IveBeenJack

Have we had confirmation yet that this will be where the transport shuttle from the Starcruiser will drop off?
Because I speculated in a video last year that this was mostly the most reasonable place, but just wondering if there was any further confirmation from any insiders here on the forums. The other option I thought could be viable but was less so, was over near the Tie-Echelon.
Screenshot 2020-06-04 at 21.13.45.png

Photo Credit: Bioreconstruct

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Have we had confirmation yet that this will be where the transport shuttle from the Starcruiser will drop off?
Because I speculated in a video last year that this was mostly the most reasonable place, but just wondering if there was any further confirmation from any insiders here on the forums. The other option I thought could be viable but was less so, was over near the Tie-Echelon.
View attachment 474561
Photo Credit: Bioreconstruct

There was speculation it would be here..

1591303890098.png

IveBeenJack

There was speculation it would be here..

View attachment 474564
Yeah, that's what I thought as well, and meant by the spot next to the Tie-Echelon. But it's also a possible expansion area at some point in the far future. So didn't think that it would necessarily be there. Unless the story is that when the First Order come aboard, they take passengers down to Batuu for further interrogation.

But I just feel like the other option is the most direct.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yeah, that's what I thought as well, and meant by the spot next to the Tie-Echelon. But it's also a possible expansion area at some point in the far future. So didn't think that it would necessarily be there. Unless the story is that when the First Order come aboard, they take passengers down to Batuu for further interrogation.

The first option is a very convoluted route backstage that’s not friendly to vehicular traffic manoeuvring.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I the Halcyon is a legitimate business it would make sense that the shuttle would take you down to the First Order area.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So option 2 over near the Tie-Echelon seems the most likely. Interesting. Thanks for the reply as always!
To be honest, these 2 routes have the problem of being designated emergency access routes. None could be easily dressed as a docking port or similar given the roadway would need to be kept clear. There’s two other possible options I know of but nothing is definite at the mo.

IveBeenJack

To be honest, these 2 routes have the problem of being designated emergency access routes. None could be easily dressed as a docking port or similar given the roadway would need to be kept clear. There’s two other possible options I know of but nothing is definite at the mo.
I understand, and since there are still 2 more options in play, no point talking about it until we get a little further into the project. But certainly the "excursion" to Batuu is one of the most interesting parts of SWGS imo. Especially as you would imagine that WDI must have some extra layer of story for those visiting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom