News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There is a shuttle from the hotel to a back entrance to Batuu. It would not be very immersive to make you scan a ticket at that point to enter DHS so presumably the entry to DHS would be included in the price.

They can easily work scanning an ID into the immersion. They are going to have to do this on the way back so only hotel guests get on the shuttle.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, November 10, 2019. Ground level views of the Star Wars hotel. The porte-cochère at the entrance.

IMG_2559.JPG

The porte-cochère is on the extreme right in the below photo, with the main building on the left. Given the porte-cochère is about 2 1/2 times the height of a SUV, the main building is quite high.

IMG_2562.JPG

The cabins (guest rooms) to the left of the main building.

IMG_2563.JPG

WDWFREAK53

I was thinking (and this may have already been mentioned and I admit to not reading this thread since the first few days).
This is one of those hotels that doesn't need much in the terms of exterior theming. Aside from the entrance, is there really a necessity to theme it? You will never see the outside once you are checked in.

ar81

Hope this isn’t a stupid question but I guess no pool? I feel like the concept is neat but there really should be a one night option. Kind of like Great Wolf Lodge you can get there as early as 11 to enjoy the hotel even if your room isn’t ready and you can stay in the water park as late as you want on checkout day as an example. It’ll be interesting to hear first person reports when the hotel opens.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Hope this isn’t a stupid question but I guess no pool? I feel like the concept is neat but there really should be a one night option. Kind of like Great Wolf Lodge you can get there as early as 11 to enjoy the hotel even if your room isn’t ready and you can stay in the water park as late as you want on checkout day as an example. It’ll be interesting to hear first person reports when the hotel opens.

no pool. Keep in mind it really isn’t going to operate like a hotel. I believe more like a cruise ship where one group of guests disembarks before the next group of guests embarks for their 2 night “voyage”

Ricky Spanish

Photo update as of Sunday, November 10, 2019. Ground level views of the Star Wars hotel. The porte-cochère at the entrance.

View attachment 424502

The porte-cochère is on the extreme right in the below photo, with the main building on the left. Given the porte-cochère is about 2 1/2 times the height of a SUV, the main building is quite high.

View attachment 424503

The cabins (guest rooms) to the left of the main building.

View attachment 424504
That looks like an expensive "Motel 6"

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Will the hotel look like a ship? Or what we see now is what it will basically look like?
I was thinking (and this may have already been mentioned and I admit to not reading this thread since the first few days).
This is one of those hotels that doesn't need much in the terms of exterior theming. Aside from the entrance, is there really a necessity to theme it? You will never see the outside once you are checked in.

Berms and landscaping will hide the hotel as you approach with the exception of the porte-cochere, which will look like the front of a planet-bound space port. You go in, and there will be a simulated flight up to the space-cruiser. When you go to Batuu, there will be a covered bus bay which will be themed to simulate taking a shuttle down to the planet.

So, there's no need for the body of the resort to look like anything but a big box.

doctornick

So, there's no need for the body of the resort to look like anything but a big box.

The one reason that would have been nice is if they had built it in such a way as to be viewed from inside Batuu then it would have been cool to have a giant spaceship in the distance. Then they could have themed the experience to actually boarding the space ship (if they entire outside was themed) and simulating a take off early in the experience.

Kamikaze

The one reason that would have been nice is if they had built it in such a way as to be viewed from inside Batuu then it would have been cool to have a giant spaceship in the distance. Then they could have themed the experience to actually boarding the space ship (if they entire outside was themed) and simulating a take off early in the experience.

Except that (in canon) giant ships don't land. You take a shuttle from a spaceport up to them, which is exactly what this is themed to.

ryguy

Berms and landscaping will hide the hotel as you approach with the exception of the porte-cochere, which will look like the front of a planet-bound space port. You go in, and there will be a simulated flight up to the space-cruiser. When you go to Batuu, there will be a covered bus bay which will be themed to simulate taking a shuttle down to the planet.

Thank you for the info.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom