News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Duffman72

I apologize. I have been following this thread since it’s origination, and understand not much is known about how the hotel will connect to the park. (I know it says I’m a new member, but that’s because I rarely post) I should not have posed my post as a question looking for an answer.

I should have asked if that is what is expected from a seemless connection to the park.

Would it be amazing if Disney went that far? Yes. I do not expect that, and have no expections for this resort. I am just curious to see how it turns out.

Also thank you for the response @danlb_2000.

Last edited:

raymusiccity

The weapon of choice for the "Wurst Order."

IMG_2406.JPG

tallica

My thoughts on an easy way to make shuttle work. you board via a docking terminal like a real airport. just like airport you cannot see airplane (shuttle). design vehicle so passenger compartment does not see real world. drop off in same manor at themed back entrance to GE.

hawkfam

To me, I think Disney's idea of "seamlessly connecting" is going to be something along the lines of skipping the ticket booths and scanners in front of HS and instead being able to go directly to the SW:GE portion of the park. Sort of like the advantage to staying at the Grand Californian and getting into a different section of CA or the IG at Epcot.

So, Disney can promote this almost one-of-a-kind entrance to a specific section in one of their parks where you can skip the regular lines and go straight to the area of the park people staying at this resort will be most interested in. And their entrance/admission/bag check will all be handled as they enter/leave the resort or something like that and they just walk right in once they get to the park.

And then I'd guess they'll take the easy/cheap way and use a shuttle bus. I forget what others calculated the distance from the resort to SW:GE was but a quick search of other pedestrian bridges indicates the cost could be anywhere between $5-20 million and I just don't see TWDC spending that much for something so few would experience at such a high cost. So, a direct connection yes but not an amazing skybridge or anything like that IMHO.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I apologize. I have been following this thread since it’s origination, and understand not much is known about how the hotel will connect to the park. (I know it says I’m a new member, but that’s because I rarely post) I should not have posed my post as a question looking for an answer.

I should have asked if that is what is expected from a seemless connection to the park.

Would it be amazing if Disney went that far? Yes. I do not expect that, and have no expections for this resort. I am just curious to see how it turns out.

Also thank you for the response @danlb_2000.

We really don't know at this point. The word "seamless" used in the Disney marketing is open to interpretation. If you read back over the past couple pages you will see a lot of discussion of the possibilities.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Why would they build the resort right by the back door if they are going to shuttle you to the front door?
This:
Because there's no land by the front door?
Disney has already said the resort will be connected to SW:GE so there has to be a way to get there. If they don’t build a back door into the land near the resort than by default it would have to be a shuttle bus or tram to the front gate.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This:

Disney has already said the resort will be connected to SW:GE so there has to be a way to get there. If they don’t build a back door into the land near the resort than by default it would have to be a shuttle bus or tram to the front gate.

I think no matter what "seamless" ends up being, I would think at very least it would need to provide a way to bypass the main entrance.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think no matter what "seamless" ends up being, I would think at very least it would need to provide a way to bypass the main entrance.
I agree. It would be pretty disappointing if the “connection” was just entering through the main gate.

Based on everything I’ve read here I’m pretty optimistic there will be a “back door” for the resort to use.

djkidkaz

One of the things that surprises me is that they didn’t finish a lot of the backside of the spires in SWGE. The scaffolding is down and they are painted so I would believe they are completed and that is the end product. Now they at building a hotel from that direction so maybe you won’t be able to see it from inside the hotel due to all the windows being screens into space. But when I park my car and walk to the entrance I would surely see this bad show element. And if the seamless transition from the hotel to the back entrance of SWGE isn’t a tram with screens or something you would really see this unfinished back side.

Giraffiki

One of the things that surprises me is that they didn’t finish a lot of the backside of the spires in SWGE. The scaffolding is down and they are painted so I would believe they are completed and that is the end product. Now they at building a hotel from that direction so maybe you won’t be able to see it from inside the hotel due to all the windows being screens into space. But when I park my car and walk to the entrance I would surely see this bad show element. And if the seamless transition from the hotel to the back entrance of SWGE isn’t a tram with screens or something you would really see this unfinished back side.

It is very hard to imagine that Disney wouldn't cover the windows of any means of transportation used for star wars hotel guests to get into the park

Astro_Digital

Grand Floridian Resort and Spa will look like a budget resort.
I do not know where they are going to get enough nerds to pay through the nose for this place.

As far as access to the parks you will be screened no doubt about it.
The $$$$$ Geek hotel is not a safe zone in any way, when you check in your bags do not go through hand searches or through metal detectors.

MickeyMinnieMom

Grand Floridian Resort and Spa will look like a budget resort.
I do not know where they are going to get enough nerds to pay through the nose for this place.

As far as access to the parks you will be screened no doubt about it.
The $$$$$ Geek hotel is not a safe zone in any way, when you check in your bags do not go through hand searches or through metal detectors.
Well if they add together NERDS + GEEKS, maybe they've got something... :rolleyes:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
That's not a bug -- it's a feature.

"And now, ladies and gentlemen -- the back side of Star Wars!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom