News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

raymusiccity

College kids are much cheaper than autonomous robots.
Except, robots don't take breaks, no sick days, no vacation days, no benefits, no political correctness training, they won't roll their eyes when they say 'have a magical stay' (unless programmed), no complaints if the working conditions are too hot, or too cold, etc. .........

the.dreamfinder

Except, robots don't take breaks, no sick days, no vacation days, no benefits, no political correctness training, they won't roll their eyes when they say 'have a magical stay' (unless programmed), no complaints if the working conditions are too hot, or too cold, etc. .........
This argument doesn’t take into account the massive infrastructure and human capital required to develop, produce, operate and maintain these kids of robots.

Disney thinks running talking Mickey is too expensive, you think they’re going to put the effort into something more difficult?

* If they make it into GE, autonomotronics will mostly be used in supporting background roles like the droid from the D23 booth, not to replace CMs.

Last edited:

raymusiccity

This argument doesn’t take into account the massive infrastructure and human capital required to develop, produce, operate and maintain these kids of robots.

Disney thinks running talking Mickey is too expensive, you think they’re going to put the effort into a more difficult effort?

* If they make into GE, autonomotronics will mostly be used in supporting background roles like the droid from the D23 booth, not to replace CMs.

You're probably right. After all, Disney couldn't even afford the upkeep on a talking trash can !

Incomudro

Yeah if it’s about 5k for 2 nights then it would be a joke. You can yell immersion and whatever you like all day, but no. It’s a niche hotel and if you price it where only the top 5% can afford then you aren’t going to last long. I make good money and am not a huge Star Wars fan, but I would for this with my wife for 3k.
Yes, and remember - even if there is a level of luxury - and I'm sure there will be, this isn't like adults spending lots of money for a luxurious, pampered, romantic tropical spa getaway.
This is spending a big chunk of change to be surrounded by people geeking out with their sometimes very annoying kids.
Granted, it'll be fun - amazing even - but as much as I love my kids, I wouldn't go for it at that price.

Sped2424

Yes, and remember - even if there is a level of luxury - and I'm sure there will be, this isn't like adults spending lots of money for a luxurious, pampered, romantic tropical spa getaway.
This is spending a big chunk of change to be surrounded by people geeking out with their sometimes very annoying kids.
Granted, it'll be fun - amazing even - but as much as I love my kids, I wouldn't go for it at that price.
While I don't doubt there will be families I do think the percentage will be FAR fewer in comparison to adults at this hotel. Pricing for the most part is what I think will be the contributing factor for that.

Incomudro

I disagree - nothing makes parents break out their wallet more than their kids

Yes.
Part of what I'm getting at is that I can't imagine wanting to do this without kids.
Perhaps young adults would do it, but they'd have to have quite the disposable income at that age to spend that amount of money for two nights.

nickys

Premium Member
Yes.
Part of what I'm getting at is that I can't imagine wanting to do this without kids.
Perhaps young adults would do it, but they'd have to have quite the disposable income at that age to spend that amount of money for two nights.

Meet the whole community of online gaming amongst the 30 to 60 year old age group, like my DH :cool: These guys and gals are frothing at the mouth at the thought of this, even those who would not dream of ordinarily setting foot in a Disney park.

I should add DH is indeed a WDW lover, but many of them are not. But they will be booking this just as soon as they can.

I think the demographic will be split down the middle. Half will be families, the rest will be ^^^. Maybe Disney will consider making some of the "cruises" adults only ......

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
In this photo. It seems the berm ends a lot earlier than it needs to. Between it and the Falcon building, there's a big gap. Now, it's obvious that there will be a service entry there. But the gap is much wider than it needs be...

Star-Wars-Land_Full_32231.jpg

The model, which is for Disneyland's version, doesn't have much there. In DL, it is just a border to ToonTown and a potential expansion pad.

And, of course, once they stop using this gap for construction equipment, they can close it up with rock work or building facades.

But, what if it was the entrance to the SW Resort? By sacrificing one small backstage building, they'd have roughly 2.1 acres to build. For comparison, the Swan uses just 1.3 acres for its footprint. The area would be the yellow polygon...

1518726931704.png

What's there now...

1518726926776.png

Attachments

• 1518726831376.png
    1518726831376.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
  • 1518726913521.png
    1518726913521.png
    983.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 1518726910060.png
    1518726910060.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 73
  • 1518726918346.png
    1518726918346.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
  • 1518726923320.png
    1518726923320.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:

Incomudro

Meet the whole community of online gaming amongst the 30 to 60 year old age group, like my DH :cool: These guys and gals are frothing at the mouth at the thought of this, even those who would not dream of ordinarily setting foot in a Disney park.

I should add DH is indeed a WDW lover, but many of them are not. But they will be booking this just as soon as they can.

I think the demographic will be split down the middle. Half will be families, the rest will be ^^^. Maybe Disney will consider making some of the "cruises" adults only ......

I know they are out there.
I just question whether they exist in sufficient quantities to sustain a hotel at those prices.

Aries1975

You're probably right. After all, Disney couldn't even afford the upkeep on a talking trash can !

I really miss PUSH. Although, one of my favorite memories is of his "brother" in Rafiki's Planet Watch trying to convince my mother to recycle a water bottle that she planning on reusing. Sometimes it's the little things.

Apologies for the slight detour.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
In this photo. It seems the berm end a lot earlier than it needs to. Between it and the Falcon building, there's a big gap. Now, it's obvious that there will be a service entry there. But the gap is much wider than it needs be...

The model, which is for Disneyland's version, doesn't have much there. In DL, it is just a border to ToonTown and a potential expansion pad.

And, of course, once they stop using this gap for construction equipment, they can close it up with rock work or building facades.

But, what if it was the entrance to the SW Resort. By sacrificing on small backstage building, they'd have roughly 2.1 acres to build. For comparison, the Swan uses just 1.3 acres for its footprint. The area would be the yellow polygon...

View attachment 264341

What's there now...

View attachment 264338
Indeed. Since it's a simulated space ship, it doesn't have to look anything like an actual hotel.

Brian Swan

True. One cant rule out a connection or 'Streamlined' entry way through Galaxys Edge into the park.
Or the hotel could be a short distance away, and you board a landing shuttle (i.e. windowless lite rail similar to Hogwart's Express concept) that then "lands" directly in SWGE. There could be hotel-exclusive pre-RD or post-closing "excursions" to SWGE giving hotel guests exclusive admission to SWGE, but not the rest of the park...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
“Being adjacent” to Galaxys Edge does not necessarily mean it’s “inside” DHS.

True... or maybe it does...

In this photo. It seems the berm end a lot earlier than it needs to. Between it and the Falcon building, there's a big gap. Now, it's obvious that there will be a service entry there. But the gap is much wider than it needs be...

But, what if it was the entrance to the SW Resort. By sacrificing on small backstage building, they'd have roughly 2.1 acres to build. For comparison, the Swan uses just 1.3 acres for its footprint. The area would be the yellow polygon...

View attachment 264341

What's there now...

View attachment 264338

21stamps

I’m in the camp that believes “seamlessly connected” means physically close.
I’m hoping that it is not inside the park, but rather adjacent... I hope this for price point reasons. ;)

peter11435

I feel like they choose their words carefully.

There are many other ways the hotel could be “seamlessly connected” without being physically connected or adjacent. Not saying it won’t be, but if the hotel is going to be physically connected why word it like that? If they wanted to say that they could have just said that and ended the ambiguity. They didn’t say “adjacent,””next door,””physically connected” etc...

At this point I feel like the statement was simply referencing the experiences and events being connected. Nothing to do with it’s physical location. Just like your experiences within the land and it’s attractions are said to carry over from one to the other, your experiences in the hotel and galaxies edge would blend as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom