News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I agree, there will be tons of videos on Youtube.

I don't think youtube is going to suffice for the people that would enjoy seeing things and being surrounded by them.

If you want to pay $2,000 to just watch, go ahead. You can sit at the bar with the parents who don't get it.

The_Jobu

I don't see it going over $2,000.

I'd be pleasantly shocked if that's what comes to pass.

I have to say that I do find it pretty funny that some of the people complaining about the 'total immersion' aspect of this are the same people in the Guardians thread complaining about how GotG breaks Epcot.

That's interesting, how so? I think theme parks and themed resorts can be cohesive while people still get to choose which attractions and activities they want to participate in.

It's good to be able to find the humour in things.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Thats $500/night for double occupancy for a 2 day stay. (500x2x2). Add two kids, thats more like $2500-$2800 for 2 days. Add another day and then you're talking $3000-$4200.

Why are you adding another day when you're already accounting for two nights?

Disneyfan1981

The bantha rug like, really tied the room together, man.

giphy.gif

flynnibus

Premium Member
For the pricing discussion... consider this.

When Disney was pitching to guests what they think they would be willing to pay... Disney benchmark to set the baseline of 'what you already spend...' was a DELUXE room, Dining included, theme park tickets, and spending. And we're not talking free dining period :)

I forget the number they used... but I want to say it was like 3k or more to say the 'average wdw stay costs' and then tried to upsell you from there.

Now.. of course the whole point of the survey was to flesh out the market's tolerance for price.. so all those discussions were subject to change anyway.

I would expect this to cost MORE than a cruise of comparable length. That's my guessing...

Kamikaze

That's interesting, how so? I think theme parks and themed resorts can be cohesive while people still get to choose which attractions and activities they want to participate in.

Because just like the Wookie Defense, it doesn't make any sense. Why would you drop literally thousands of dollars on an immersive, interactive, all-inclusive experience and then choose to not participate? Obviously you won't have a blaster to your head forcing you to interact, but why would you stay here if you didn't want to do so? What you're proposing is like staying at Hedonism and only lying on the beach.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
For the pricing discussion... consider this.

When Disney was pitching to guests what they think they would be willing to pay... Disney benchmark to set the baseline of 'what you already spend...' was a DELUXE room, Dining included, theme park tickets, and spending. And we're not talking free dining period :)

I forget the number they used... but I want to say it was like 3k or more to say the 'average wdw stay costs' and then tried to upsell you from there.

Now.. of course the whole point of the survey was to flesh out the market's tolerance for price.. so all those discussions were subject to change anyway.

I would expect this to cost MORE than a cruise of comparable length. That's my guessing...

I don't know where you're getting 3k from. This was discussed above. When the survey came out, 1k was being thrown around, but we didn't know if that was based on double occupancy. Now, Jim Hill is saying 1.3k for two nights for the room plus .2k per person. That's 2.1k for a family of four. See below...

@lentesta on twitter is hearing $650 per night, minimum two nights, and $200 per person per night for any additional guests in the room. If that includes a special wardrobe as rumored (for a "100% immersive experience") and food as well, that's really not too bad.

I got that from Jim, who was standing next to someone at D23 who was in a position to know.

IIRC, the original survey mentioned prices of around $1,000/night. This is not far from that.

That person in the know sounds like me, but I wasn't there! :)

From an unquotable post found here (because the thread is locked):

Kamikaze said: Prices are most likely based on double occupancy.

My reply:

This is the kind of thing that cruise lines do, which is maddening to me when I travel solo with family members who are paired up.

Cruise lines will advertise "only $700 per person!" (based on double occupancy). This means that for a single individual, it costs $1,400. It costs the couple $1,400, too, but if they both work, it's more affordable to them as they each pay $700.

So, when the survey mentions "$1,000 per person!" If that's based on double occupancy, like the cruise lines do, then for a single person in a room, it will cost $2,000 because it assumes two people in a room even if there is only one. For a couple in a room, it is also $2,000, but their advertisement of "$1,000 per person!" is true.

It's hard to find a fair way to price this for an individual v. a room of four adults. If they both pay the same amount, then they are using up the same amount of lodging space, but, the group of four is using up four times the other resources of the events (food, character interaction, etc...).

A fairer way to do cost would be to cost the room and the personal experience separately. [Which is exactly what happens at conventions.] So, e.g., if they price the room at $400 per night and then the ticket for the experience at $200 per person, then for a single individual, they'd pay $1,000 and two couples [in a room] would pay $1,600.​

The_Jobu

Obviously you won't have a blaster to your head forcing you to interact, but why would you stay here if you didn't want to do so?

Because it's fun? Because your child or spouse REALLY wants to? Because it looks cool? Because you love to stay at all the Disney resorts and this is new and popular? Because you're super wealthy and you can pay anything you like to stay at whatever you want and do whatever you want?

Me personally, I just think it looks awesome. I'd love to just walk around and absorb the experience at my own pace.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Put things in perspective.. the audience that pays $700+ for skip the line access at a Star Wars convention. Or spends hundreds or thousands on costumes...

Budget isn't a problem for that group. It's more if it's tuned into their level or not... or if it will be too 'disney'.

My DW and her BFF are the audience for this experience they pay the premium at the Star Wars Festival or whatever it's called me just don't care that much as I just don't go 'have a great time honey!'. My honeydo list is long enough so it's never a problem.

But Disney needs to put on their A+ game for this or the fan reaction from her level of fans will be vitriolic to say the least. They CANNOT do WDW cheap on this one.

I think this is going to be on the order of 2-3K per person for this experience as for me I'll pass I'm not enough of a fan to make this worthwhile and cosplay is not my thing, I'm the kid who hated halloween for that very reason.

The_Jobu

I don't know where you're getting 3k from. This was discussed above. When the survey came out, 1k was being thrown around, but we didn't know if that was based on double occupancy. Now, Jim Hill is saying 1.3k for two nights for the room plus .2k per person. That's 2.1k for a family of four. See below...

I'm with you Skip. 2k or lower! That would be fantastic.

flynnibus

Premium Member

The survey that went out and was picked up by the blogs... wasn't the first and only survey :)

2.1k for 2 nights... is more expensive than a disney cruise of comparable length...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom