News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

ItlngrlBella

Wut?

Disney is going to be plenty busy with it's fully loaded consumer activities. It doesn't need to break off to 'team building' And team building doesn't book a year out.... nor do they like to 'buddy up' in their room bookings. This is like oil and water...

For a brief time after college I worked for a corporate event planning company... team building does book a year out... and then some.

Agreed... there is enough family consumer business to keep this going and this would be odd as a team building activity site.

celluloid

I would think more like a bridge crossing the street and an entry into the park into the land and back into the hotel for resort guests.

flynnibus

Premium Member
For a brief time after college I worked for a corporate event planning company... team building does book a year out... and then some.

Then that is more "standing" activities I'd say :)

Team building I put in the category of periodic discretionary activities. Outside of marketing commits... 12+ out? Sheez... I just hope most of us are still around :)

Jeff456

My kid suggested they should transport guests from the hotel to SW: Galaxy's Edge using a themed human-carrying drone. Imagine what a sight it would be watching an imperial shuttle or some other transport actually land on a pad in SW land itself.
That does sound amazing, hopefully technology can catch up with that!

wdwgreek

The more I think about the concept the more exciting it gets. I hope there are different difficulty levels of the puzzles and missions. If its all targetted at the 6 to 12 demographic I'd be very disappointed but if there tasks they make you do are more then point and go but actually require some creative problem solving for adults that would be so fun. Think escape the room mixed with a choose your own adventure.

SpoiledBlueMilk

This is going to be awesome. I actually hope the cost is high enough that the 360 experience keeps hotel guests to a minimum. It's great to imagine this and look at the concept art, but it doesn't take much to also picture in your mind having the immersive experience ruined by an army of strollers and hover 'rounds.

DisneyJunkie

In theory, this is going to be really good for Disney and it is a good idea, but we can pretty much expect this to be THE place now in WDW and its cost-per-night will be astronomical.

Maeryk

This is going to be awesome. I actually hope the cost is high enough that the 360 experience keeps hotel guests to a minimum. It's great to imagine this and look at the concept art, but it doesn't take much to also picture in your mind having the immersive experience ruined by an army of strollers and hover 'rounds.

I suspect the price will do that more than anything. It's one thing to pay 80$/night for Great Wolf Lodge and have one kid who doesn't swim and spends the whole time screaming about it.. it's quite another to spend like, 2000/night for someone who isn't going to take advantage of any of the amenities.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I suspect the price will do that more than anything. It's one thing to pay 80$/night for Great Wolf Lodge and have one kid who doesn't swim and spends the whole time screaming about it.. it's quite another to spend like, 2000/night for someone who isn't going to take advantage of any of the amenities.

No one gets a discount on the boat for 'not taking advantage' of what the boat offers... yet people don't leave family members behind typically..

rsm

Can't wait to look back on all of this in 30 years... "Remember when Disney built that hotel that people stayed in for 3 days with dark screens for windows that resulted in so many psychological problems that Orlando International had to hire psychologists dressed in Jedi robes to explain to people what day it was, what century they were in, and why security would not allow their plastic weapons onto the plane?"

Not to say I won't be first in line to pay for this brainwashing asylum... because I will :)

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I recall reading when Potter was first announced at Universal JK stating something about a Hotel is not something she would envision as being suitable when asked about it. She has been pretty steadfast on her demands and what can and can't be done.

Movielover

I very much doubt there will be a Potter themed Hotel.

I recall reading when Potter was first announced at Universal JK stating something about a Hotel is not something she would envision as being suitable when asked about it. She has been pretty steadfast on her demands and what can and can't be done.

Very true, although it would be really cool to take this idea and turn it into the 4 houses of Hogwarts, the hotel could be built behind Hogwarts out of site and you choose what house you are in (for people who already know) or get sorted, then the additional building could connect to the existing Hogwarts structure. Rowling could easily come up with a short story line or something to tie in your stay. The possibilities that could come from these types of immersive hotels could be amazing!

Jordanaous

Sorry, acronym alert, what means IP?

IP simply means intellectual property - which is essentially something Disney owns; like Star Wars, Frozen, Marvel etc. In this context talking about how Disney is placing other properties (mainly from its studios division) into the theme parks, rather than creating a new story, and thus new IP for the ride.

Spike-in-Berlin

IP simply means intellectual property - which is essentially something Disney owns; like Star Wars, Frozen, Marvel etc. In this context talking about how Disney is placing other properties (mainly from its studios division) into the theme parks, rather than creating a new story, and thus new IP for the ride.

Thank you for the very fast and detailed answer.

Spike-in-Berlin

Interesting question from the architectural design POV. In Germany it is not allowed to build rooms which are used as accomodations for humans without any windows. In the concept art it seems like the rooms will have only "windows" that open to "space", absolutely magnificent considering the immersion and personally I don't have any problems of sleeping in a room without windows that gets air only by the AC (the windows in the values can't be opened too), but I don't know if US building regulations allow this.

Jordanaous

Interesting question from the architectural design POV. In Germany it is not allowed to build rooms which are used as accomodations for humans without any windows. In the concept art it seems like the rooms will have only "windows" that open to "space", absolutely magnificent considering the immersion and personally I don't have any problems of sleeping in a room without windows that gets air only by the AC (the windows in the values can't be opened too), but I don't know if US building regulations allow this.

Not certain on US building regs, but in the UK we have hotels that have inner rooms without any windows (usually in budget hotels), so I'd assume the US would be the same. I believe there are a number of hotels in the US that have 'inside rooms', although the main concern when talking about windowless rooms is the lack of an emergency exit in case of fire. Would imagine Disney has thought about that one...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom