News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

yensidtlaw1969

it’s failing. So they were Distinctly wrong.
…it’s a results based business
But is it failing because they were so wrong conceptually? Or because the execution was geniunely awful?

So much of the Star Cruiser is under-designed and cheaply built, save a few cool moments, and they decided to charge guests an arm and a leg for it. As a result the public perception is pretty negative.

I feel like if they'd pushed this exact concept to the limit and really developed a rich, dimensional, unparalleled Star Wars experience at a slightly lower price point things would be totally different. Heck, you can work with word of mouth that admits it's expensive, so long as they follow that up with "but it's worth every penny". That's decidedly not happening with the Star Cruiser, but I think it's less because the concept was flawed and more because they didn't actually deliver on that concept.

UNCgolf

But is it failing because they were so wrong conceptually? Or because the execution was geniunely awful?

So much of the Star Cruiser is under-designed and cheaply built, save a few cool moments, and they decided to charge guests an arm and a leg for it. As a result the public perception is pretty negative.

I feel like if they'd pushed this exact concept to the limit and really developed a rich, dimensional, unparalleled Star Wars experience at a slightly lower price point things would be totally different. Heck, you can work with word of mouth that admits it's expensive, so long as they follow that up with "but it's worth every penny". That's decidedly not happening with the Star Cruiser, but I think it's less because the concept was flawed and more because they didn't actually deliver on that concept.

I'm not sure that's true. Nearly everything I've read from people who have actually been to it has been wildly positive. Even on this forum several people have said they'd love to go back and do it again if they could afford to.

It seems like the price point is a problem because it's so expensive (there really aren't that many families who can afford to spend $5k on two nights); not because the experience itself is lacking.

I personally don't think the interior looks good at all in photos, and it's not an experience I'm interested in, but I don't think we can just assume they didn't develop a great concept when word of mouth seems to say otherwise.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Yes…

…that’s all I got 😎

GimpYancIent

"Demand" my foot. A catch word that has become overused. A specific, targeted, group of fans offered a 30% discount for a pricey experience for a limited time frame. In the category of an exclusive offer to an exclusive group. I would like to see a 30% reduction (discount if that's the preferred term) for everyone for every scheduled cruise. Then there will be an actual reflection of "Demand".

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
"Demand" my foot. A catch word that has become overused. A specific, targeted, group of fans offered a 30% discount for a pricey experience for a limited time frame. In the category of an exclusive offer to an exclusive group. I would like to see a 30% reduction (discount if that's the preferred term) for everyone for every scheduled cruise. Then there will be an actual reflection of "Demand".
The "demand" is among that subgroup. It's clear by context that Scott was referring to demand within that subgroup at that price.

Hawg G

I'm not sure that's true. Nearly everything I've read from people who have actually been to it has been wildly positive. Even on this forum several people have said they'd love to go back and do it again if they could afford to.

It seems like the price point is a problem because it's so expensive (there really aren't that many families who can afford to spend $5k on two nights); not because the experience itself is lacking.

I personally don't think the interior looks good at all in photos, and it's not an experience I'm interested in, but I don't think we can just assume they didn't develop a great concept when word of mouth seems to say otherwise.
Most folks who buy a Land Rover say they are great.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So 30% pulls in those who aren’t afraid to spend lots of money at Disney.well, 100 of them at least.
A big part of the miscalculation here…other than being absolutely clueless why Star Wars was ever popular…is that they misinterpreted a segment of their customer base that actually enjoys being overcharged and went a bridge too far

…I have a hunch what they “misinterpreted” in particular that lead them down the road to

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Star Wars is certainly more popular now than it was in the 90s and arguably post-prequels.
Because of the changes in media/product/entertainment delivery and speed.

That isn’t what I’m talking about.

I’m talking about “resonance”. That’s what drove the franchise and lined the coffers.

I haven’t watched too closely…but Weren’t there reports of viewership falling on Mando?

What a fickle age we live in…and it’s not good for business

It’s more widely distributed…not “more popular”

But we can disagree. You’re never gonna believe they cacked it up…

But your opinion is valid. You’re not alone. There are at least 6 other people here that say Disney has done a good job with Star Wars 👍🏻😎

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, I don't know what'll resonate with my kids in 45 years. I hope I'm alive to know then. :D
Well I can only tell you what worked the first time…

1679676620801.jpeg

note2001

Well I can only tell you what worked the first time…

View attachment 705838

"So what I told you was true, from a certain point of view" - Obi Wan

I KNEW iT! StarCruiser is being killed by it's evil self programming, only to be reincarnated as an Empire driven ship.

It's not that the ship isn't being filled, it's that the people attending are being assimilated and turned into borg and cybermen

.... uh... I may have my sci fi mixed up. What was in that coffee?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
"So what I told you was true, from a certain point of view" - Obi Wan

I KNEW iT! StarCruiser is being killed by it's evil self programming, only to be reincarnated as an Empire driven ship.

It's not that the ship isn't being filled, it's that the people attending are being assimilated and turned into borg and cybermen

.... uh... I may have my sci fi mixed up. What was in that coffee?
Well now you know too much…

…which means you’ll have to be eliminated 🎯

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom