News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Were there any surveys done at WDW regarding the Starcruiser?
No doubt

But surveys are part of the problem with this management. All their moves appear to follow marketing agendas that go too far ahead of the Mainstream consumer.

In this case…I think their blue ocean theory that their product does not have a competitor and therefore has no fair market value. This is overpriced…first and foremost…on top of other issues.
But they don’t admit those mistakes because it questions their Philosophy and Iger won’t allow it.

It’s a shame too…because Disneys data machine was truly impressive prior. They built an amazing, high quality theme park empire with it and now the piers are rotting away under the boardwalk

drizgirl

I think they just grossly overestimated how many people are really into LARP’ing. If this was just an over the top Star Wars themed deluxe hotel they would printing money.

I would never, under any circumstance, want to be trapped in a space with adults playing dress up. I believe that is a widely held position, especially among “luxury” travelers.
This is what happens when a company makes decisions based on the opinions and desires of a small insular group of employees.

Smiley/OCD

I think they just grossly overestimated how many people are really into LARP’ing. If they had built an over the top Star Wars themed deluxe hotel they would printing money.

I would never, under any circumstance, want to be trapped in a space with adults playing dress up. I believe that is a widely held position, especially among “luxury” travelers.
I wouldn’t even make it a deluxe…a moderate or even a value (like POP) with a giant LARPing building attached would have close to a 100% occupancy rate…but as has been said, it’s too logical and makes too much sense to ever happen.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
All Kenobi evidence to the contrary, right? (Or Rogue One, or Andor, or...)
Because rogue one is the only movie that has shown legs for prolonged interest (gee…can’t figure out why?🤔)

And they HAD to try and stop the bleeding with core fans somehow. No Disney fans believe it but it’s also 101% true.

So rogue one prologue, a mini yoda, vader/obiwan, clone wars cartoons, and boba fett…

See a pattern?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I wouldn’t even make it a deluxe…a moderate or even a value (like POP) with a giant LARPing building attached would have close to a 100% occupancy rate…but as has been said, it’s too logical and makes too much sense to ever happen.
You know what might have worked?

A really good park land that gives the fans EXACTLY what they wanted? (Easy examples to give in town)…and maybe a hotel with direct access that wasn’t a high fee gimmick with cheap amenities where you could still go to a pool?
Like an R2 D2 slide might be a hit? Maybe a space bar where people could STILL watch college football?
Chewie at the breakfast buffet?

Nah…I’m not trained enough for this kind a stuff

Last edited:

SpaceMountain77

I received the promotional email on Friday. Personally, I believe the experience is still overpriced with a 30% discount. We have two Disney cruises planned, a 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Miami with Silver Anniversary at Sea and 4-Night Bahamian Cruise from Fort Lauderdale for $2,600 and $2,300, respectively. A few years ago, we traveled to Vienna, Austria for a week and paid less than $5,000. Since the pricing was announced, I have wondered how many people consider all of the vacations that are possible, including international destinations, at the advertised price point.

Now, if somewhere in the Disney universe, Master Gracey has a summer retreat or Madame Leota's residence is found, I would pay the discounted rate for an immersive Haunted Mansion experience.

corran horn

Because rogue one is the only movie that has shown legs for prolonged interest (gee…can’t figure out why?🤔)

And they HAD to try and stop the bleeding with core fans somehow. No Disney fans believe it but it’s also 101% true.

So rogue one prologue, a mini yoda, vader/obiwan, clone wars cartoons, and boba fett…

See a pattern?

Do you understand you are agreeing with me within the context of what I responded to?

I sure see a pattern. Your argument is self-fulfilling. If Disney shows the OT some 'love' ever it's because they have to 'stop the bleeding'. It can't be effectively responded to ever because whatever proof that's shown otherwise it just reinforces whatever your narrative is.

I think it's especially given that recent story points in Mandalorian are skewing towards the ST narrative. They must've forgotten about the bleeding.

We get it, you don't like Rey. Have you asked anyone under 30 what SW movies they enjoy? I'm sure many would say the prequels even.

There's decades of an open timeline window between the OT and the ST - every time they play in that area is it 'stopping the bleeding'?

corran horn

You know what might have worked?

A really good park land that gives the fans EXACTLY what they wanted? (Easy examples to give in town)…and maybe a hotel with direct access that wasn’t a high fee gimmick with cheap amenities where you could still go to a pool?
Like an R2 D2 slide might be a hit? Maybe a space bar where people could STILL watch college football?
Chewie at the breakfast buffet?

Nah…I’m not trained enough for this kind a stuff
So just like everything else they offer? They distinctly didn't want to do that.

I guess you'll always have this:

ToTBellHop

I received the promotional email on Friday. Personally, I believe the experience is still overpriced with a 30% discount. We have two Disney cruises planned, a 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Miami with Silver Anniversary at Sea and 4-Night Bahamian Cruise from Fort Lauderdale for $2,600 and $2,300, respectively. A few years ago, we traveled to Vienna, Austria for a week and paid less than $5,000. Since the pricing was announced, I have wondered how many people consider all of the vacations that are possible, including international destinations, at the advertised price point.

Now, if somewhere in the Disney universe, Master Gracey has a summer retreat or Madame Leota's residence is found, I would pay the discounted rate for an immersive Haunted Mansion experience.
Honestly, we just decided today that even with the discount, this is not worth it to us. Too many other things I’d rather do with the money.

If it were Hogwarts, I’d be there, though.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Do you understand you are agreeing with me within the context of what I responded to?

I sure see a pattern. Your argument is self-fulfilling. If Disney shows the OT some 'love' ever it's because they have to 'stop the bleeding'. It can't be effectively responded to ever because whatever proof that's shown otherwise it just reinforces whatever your narrative is.

I think it's especially given that recent story points in Mandalorian are skewing towards the ST narrative. They must've forgotten about the bleeding.

We get it, you don't like Rey. Have you asked anyone under 30 what SW movies they enjoy? I'm sure many would say the prequels even.

There's decades of an open timeline window between the OT and the ST - every time they play in that area is it 'stopping the bleeding'?
I wasn’t arguing with you.

And the truth is ALWAYS self-fulfilling

GimpYancIent

In pricing. I've yet to see anyone who's done it say the experience is lacking.
There is a commonalty in reviews of the experience, yes even the most flowery ones, that is the word "pricey" many deflect or try to screen off the excessive cost by providing overwhelming praise about everything else in the reviews, but it is there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom