News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

GimpYancIent

Why has no one thought about keeping the price, but changing it to a 3 day cruise? You can redo bridge training, of saber training. Do more side stories, drink more alcohol...
The core problem from the get-go is the pricing. A longer, better thought-out itinerary, a refresh / refurb of the venue would be good for the rekindling of public interest, BUT, it's the ridiculous pricing that was and is a turn off. Start with a reasonable pricing model and work from there. The OOOH AAH WOW new experience days are now past, the verdict is in though fun, enjoyable, different get away immersion experience it is!, it's not worth the price.

corran horn

The core problem from the get-go is the pricing. A longer, better thought-out itinerary, a refresh / refurb of the venue would be good for the rekindling of public interest, BUT, it's the ridiculous pricing that was and is a turn off. Start with a reasonable pricing model and work from there. The OOOH AAH WOW new experience days are now past, the verdict is in though fun, enjoyable, different get away immersion experience it is!, it's not worth the price.
Do you see many people who've gone and paid say it's not worth the price?

Or is it the perception of the experience by people who haven't done it?

Certainly sticker shock matters and some may not do it at all given its expense. But 'the verdict' by people who've done it rarely mentions it not being 'worth it' in my observations.

Last edited:

kingdead

No, but it is clearly often enough for them to go dark some shows. I doubt that was the plan. So explain why a 3 day cruise is a ridiculous idea?
Labor--the staff might not mind if it means more tips but the actors that are necessary just wouldn't be up to 3 days. And without them, you're sitting in the windowless Star Wars cafeteria and revaluating all your life choices. Bring me a death stick...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
No, but it is clearly often enough for them to go dark some shows. I doubt that was the plan. So explain why a 3 day cruise is a ridiculous idea?
I didn't say it was ridiculous!

But I was thinking it! ;)

They *could* do it, but they'd have to rewrite their scripts and story beats. If they didn't, there would be big lulls. Or, they'd have to write new 'experiences'. But they're already maxing out their interactive spaces with the story beats they have.

Or... they can discount the 2-day by 30% and probably go back to filling up each cruise and still make a profit.

GimpYancIent

I didn't say it was ridiculous!

But I was thinking it! ;)

They *could* do it, but they'd have to rewrite their scripts and story beats. If they didn't, there would be big lulls. Or, they'd have to write new 'experiences'. But they're already maxing out their interactive spaces with the story beats they have.

Or... they can discount the 2-day by 30% and probably go back to filling up each cruise and still make a profit.
Talk 50% to 70% reduction / discount and you will definitely have business.

TP2000

Labor--the staff might not mind if it means more tips but the actors that are necessary just wouldn't be up to 3 days. And without them, you're sitting in the windowless Star Wars cafeteria and revaluating all your life choices.

But you get to be immersed in this for three days!

2022-wdw-star-wars-hotel-galactic-starcruiser-media-preview-crown-of-corellia-dining-room-atmosphere-6.jpg

kingdead

We either need some more actual gossip on this or a fundraiser to send the posters down to the Starcruiser where they can put on a lightsaber duel for their honor. I'd go down and watch!

EPCOT-O.G.

TSTSNBN* is reporting the Galactic Starcruiser is shifting to one dinner per night due to low attendance (at least for the sailings on Mar 6-8).

*The Site That Shall Not Be Named

MagicHappens1971

TSTSNBN* is reporting the Galactic Starcruiser is shifting to one dinner per night due to low attendance (at least for the sailings on Mar 6-8).

*The Site That Shall Not Be Named
They did this late last year as well. But then reverted back to the two dinner service due to the servers complaining to the union. I wonder if that was resolved or this news isn’t teue

MagicHappens1971

Going to hell but the way it's written makes it sound like there's an actual Lenka Mok, cruise director, who is also a black woman.
She's a character in the immersive experience, who is the Cruise Director, her name is Lenka Mok and she is a black woman. This is still Disney, there's always going to be make-believe. I'm sure you can find plenty of other articles about CM's talking about Mickey is their 'boss'.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Cast Member discount rates are roughly 50% off of public rates. Last year, we flagged concerns about the longterm viability of the Galactic Starcruiser at the high prices. Example rates range from $2,500 for a party of two up to $3,000 for a party of three adults and a child.

In order to be eligible, the Disney employee or retiree must book and stay in the room. A company-issued ID will be required at check-in and the employee will be required to have the company-issued ID on their person throughout the cruise. The employee can bring up to 3 guests in one cabin. The Cast Member rate is only available for the standard cabin.

The heavily discounted Cast Member rates are available for select vaoyage dates from March through June."

GimpYancIent

"Cast Member discount rates are roughly 50% off of public rates. Last year, we flagged concerns about the longterm viability of the Galactic Starcruiser at the high prices. Example rates range from $2,500 for a party of two up to $3,000 for a party of three adults and a child.

In order to be eligible, the Disney employee or retiree must book and stay in the room. A company-issued ID will be required at check-in and the employee will be required to have the company-issued ID on their person throughout the cruise. The employee can bring up to 3 guests in one cabin. The Cast Member rate is only available for the standard cabin.

The heavily discounted Cast Member rates are available for select vaoyage dates from March through June."

It's a start!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom