News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

corran horn

That has to stop too…

The “wanting it fail” excuse…Also known as “my poor Disney 😱

One person legitimately said that here in a troll post. No one else has. RIF

Wanting them to do a much better job, provide better value and serve their audience is not wishing for failure. Neither is the value of learning lessons.

Time for the adult pants.
Sure, you haven't belabored your opinion that it's failed over dozens of posts. Right.

Time to realize not everone thinks that 'Wanting them to do a much better job, provide better value and serve their audience' wasn't done already.

Do you find many people that've gone that don't think they've been served well? If not you're on the sidelines throwing rocks inward to little effect beyond noise.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Interesting AP offer that came in today for the Galatic Star Cruiser (when combined with regular hotel)

WALT DISNEY WORLD
A slideshow of happenings aboard the Starcruiser, including meeting Chewbacca and wielding a lightsaber.
Unlock exclusive savings with a
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser voyage​

Choose your path and become a part of your own Star Wars story, then relax and unwind at a Disney Resort hotel.
Save up to​
$​
700​
on a
2-night stay​
at select Disney Resort hotels when you combine it with a select Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser voyage
from 2/5–9/30/23.​
Pluto and Goofy pose in front of DISNEY'S YACHT CLUB Resort.
A child wearing a stormtrooper shirt plays in the pool.
Purchase of a Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser vacation package is required. The number of Resort hotel rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Offer not valid on select voyages including: voyages departing on February 16, 18 and 22; March 12 and 14; April 3, 7, 11 and 13; May 3; June 12 and 16; July 24; and August 9, 15, 19, 21 and 23, 2023. Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same Resort hotel room. Cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion. Advance reservation required. Resort hotel stay must occur on dates immediately before or after the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser voyage, but does not need to be on consecutive nights. A maximum of 2 nights in a Resort hotel room may be booked with this offer. Cancelling the reservation for Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will result in the cancellation of the Resort hotel stay and any applicable cancellation fees will apply. All Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser package components are only valid during the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser voyage and cannot be redeemed during the Resort hotel stay. Valid admission and a Theme Park reservation are required to enjoy Theme Parks and special events outside of your Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser vacation package and are not included in this offer. To learn more about Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, visit here.
To book, call 407-939-5209
or your Travel Professional.​

Drdcm

That has to stop too…

The “wanting it fail” excuse…Also known as “my poor Disney 😱

One person legitimately said that here in a troll post. No one else has. RIF

Wanting them to do a much better job, provide better value and serve their audience is not wishing for failure. Neither is the value of learning lessons.

Time for the adult pants.
Sometimes I like to see them have small/moderate fails. When they get greedy and their hands get bit.

For example, when they attempted to sell cabanas in MK.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sometimes I like to see them have small/moderate fails. When they get greedy and their hands get bit.

For example, when they attempted to sell cabanas in MK.
Globally? Ie not Star Wars specific?

Yes…you do need this. It’s just the reality of their business. They need “tempering” and Wall Street won’t allow it preemptively.

So a punch in the nose keeps them grounded. Recessions are needed as a longterm stabilizing agent. It’s been far too long. So a few failures have always kept them within range of their customers to make MORE money.

Market dynamics

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sure, you haven't belabored your opinion that it's failed over dozens of posts. Right.

Time to realize not everone thinks that 'Wanting them to do a much better job, provide better value and serve their audience' wasn't done already.

Do you find many people that've gone that don't think they've been served well? If not you're on the sidelines throwing rocks inward to little effect beyond noise.
Reading
Is
Fundamental

I covered all your questions in the “dozens”

The key takeaway is: things don’t appear to going well. There is a chance at adjustment.
The key to this Disney fan thing is using your brain…not other organs that are more hormonal. We’re all better for it.
I’m always willing to be proven wrong on a opinion…it usually means things are coming in above that bar.

…I’ll wait for it.

Last edited:

Drdcm

I’d like to do the star cruiser because I’m a Star Wars fan. Frankly, I like the new Star Wars stuff as well. However, I can’t justify the expense. I’m in agreement things don’t look well, a course correction is likely on the way and I’m hopeful the solution is to expand access rather than keep it exclusive to the people with that degree of disposable income. Disney has a tendency to appease fans much more when costumers are scarce.

corran horn

The key takeaway is: things don’t appear to going well.
Based on what? What other indicator could there be other than them cutting the price of the experience or closing it up? Are they dropping characters? Are they dropping experiences? Hell, the photog session is now 4x more expensive than it was when we did it.

I’m always willing to be proven wrong on a opinion…it usually means things are coming in above that bar.

…I’ll wait for it.

any minute the price isn't lowered and it stays open is proving you wrong, right?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Based on what? What other indicator could there be other than them cutting the price of the experience or closing it up? Are they dropping characters? Are they dropping experiences? Hell, the photog session is now 4x more expensive than it was when we did it.
They’re cancelling dates in the middle of the summer. It’s not to paint 1 year old walls.
Let’s let it play

any minute the price isn't lowered and it stays open is proving you wrong, right?
Sure…if it rebounds or they find a new market. Absolutely! Good on them.

If they drop the prices and put it half in mothballs? Well that’s a partial retreat.

Since you read…you know what I think should happen. A pivot towards what works…same as the IP.

kingdead

Wait, what? 4x more expensive? You already paid $6k for 2 nights and they play with you like that?

Looked it up and it's $400 now... I admire the dedication to chasing every last dollar but ooooof, if there's any way to say to the average fan that this is Not for You, Pleb...

Drdcm

Well that puts to bed the theory that there's only one person on here that wants it to fail :D
Pretty sure you’re joking, but just in case…

No, I don’t want the star cruiser to fail. I don’t see why anyone would want it to fail. Its existence takes nothing away from experiencing Disney World. I’d like to do it, just cheaper than it currently stands. FWIW, I would be all for a dedicated normal SW hotel.

So the one person who wants to to fail still stands

_caleb

Well the discount isn’t good. Not close yet…

And I noticed the dates are 2/5-9/30…

So next week and for the next six months.

So can we put to rest the “do we really know if it’s failing?” Nonsense up thread?

It’s failing for sure…but to penguins point it is not yet a “failure”. There’s time.
No

Disstevefan1

Well the discount isn’t good. Not close yet…

And I noticed the dates are 2/5-9/30…

So next week and for the next six months.

So can we put to rest the “do we really know if it’s failing?” Nonsense up thread?

It’s failing for sure…but to penguins point it is not yet a “failure”. There’s time.
Bottom line is it's not a failure until Disney says it is.

If/when they think is not profitable enough for them, they will close it so quick it will make your head spin.

corran horn

Wait, what? 4x more expensive? You already paid $6k for 2 nights and they play with you like that?

Looked it up and it's $400 now... I admire the dedication to chasing every last dollar but ooooof, if there's any way to say to the average fan that this is Not for You, Pleb...

I think it cost us $150 maybe. It might've been less. I don't think it was more.

@corran horn , from your posts, you seem to see value in a the Starcruiser experience for the price.

How many voyages have you been on?

It's all relative. Call it a bucket list thing. We've had a good couple years. I thought it was worth it and probably still think about it more than a few times a week. It's just a wholly different thing to do than anything else we've ever done.

We've only been once last May. I could see going again if they changed the storylines. If we went again so soon without that (seems many people have) it'd feel like we were gaming the storylines to do different things just to do them.

Drdcm

I think it cost us $150 maybe. It might've been less. I don't think it was more.

It's all relative. Call it a bucket list thing. We've had a good couple years. I thought it was worth it and probably still think about it more than a few times a week. It's just a wholly different thing to do than anything else we've ever done.

We've only been once last May. I could see going again if they changed the storylines. If we went again so soon without that (seems many people have) it'd feel like we were gaming the storylines to do different things just to do them.
Glad you had a good time. I hope they mix up the story line every few years to keep it fresh.

Drdcm

Stock price would take a hit if they acknowledged something wasn’t going well.

Edit: although they did ride that wave with Disney + when explaining chapek’s departure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom