News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

TP2000

Go try and find a hotel room at Disney World this holiday weekend. They don't exist.

Except on the Galactic Starcruiser.

NowBoarding!.jpg

corran horn

So I hadn't even thought of looking at the All Stars as an option in this price class. As I imagine anyone interested in the Galactic Starcruiser would either.

This is a pretty absurd argument because the Starcruiser isn't simply just another hotel. My family and many others went there as it was the draw - on any other random park visit the park is the draw for us and the hotel merely somewhere to sleep.

When you say something like 'Go try and find a hotel room at Disney World this holiday weekend. They don't exist.' that takes minutes to disprove then dance around trying to make it still true when it's obviously not it doesn't really make your statements worth anything.

Incomudro

The presence of Lord Vader would definitely be a bonus to the show, but the issue seems to be the pricing that's the most glaring turn off.
The pricing is absurd in my book.
But I do think that if Disney wanted to reinvigorate interest at this price point, a Vader themed cruise would pack them back in, and it could be done quite easily.
Then, when that interest dropped off, they could cut prices.
(I'd prefer them to do both at the same time.)

GimpYancIent

The pricing is absurd in my book.
But I do think that if Disney wanted to reinvigorate interest at this price point, a Vader themed cruise would pack them back in, and it could be done quite easily.
Then, when that interest dropped off, they could cut prices.
(I'd prefer them to do both at the same time.)
I like the "both at the same time".

flynnibus

Premium Member
Given Disney basically was breaking new ground with this offer... it really shouldn't be a shock that pricing was a bit of a finger in the wind and one that you should expect to have to tinker with.

The real test is how Disney is willing to adjust. Will they openly adjust pricing to find the right balance (and navigate the potential customer pushback) or will they instead monkey with the product too much trying to protect an artificial stake in the ground.

Disney should try to right size the pricing with promos to see what gets the best attach rate... then adjust prices. Offer return-promos to people who paid the prior prices to offset potential pushback form prior customers.

Captain-Picard-Engage-GIF.gif

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom