News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

wutisgood

Natural language assistants (Siri, Alexa, OK Google, etc...) either chide you for being rude or pretend they don't understand (or they actually don't understand). In the latter case, they ask you to clarify or they give you totally unrelated information. I would expect the same here.
well then I can break them in a whole host of ways. Good for the developers and for content. I would never give layups to any AI until I couldn't break it anymore.

TP2000

That baffled me, because in cruise ships you have different staff with different uniforms for every single department.
It makes me wonder if these CMs are the same that appear everywhere and just change positions to save costs.
But for costume and uniform season.. thats one hell of money crap trick by DIS.

I have only been on one Disney Cruise in my life, and I doubt I'll return. But I was very impressed with the Disney Cruise Line staff and amused at how my waiter team changed uniforms each night to match the dining room I was in. Clever!

I have been on Cunard's Queen Mary 2 to get across the Atlantic in a Grills Suite, and I plan to repeat that lovely experience before I kick the bucket. The white-gloved Cunard staff were impeccably groomed and beautifully dressed, and also graciously mannered. Because, you know, it was an expensive luxury cruise ship. That happens on that sort of "immersive adventure". :cool:

grills-750x563.jpg.image.640.480.low.jpg

809537382-82062813b04e907e56c4a5768de43eabd560d965d7d3315bb89756f8a466c90b-d

And then there's Maude whatever this is supposed to be... :rolleyes:

FMdPg0NXoAgDls1

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I wonder if that "Welcome to the New World" song was supposed to be promoted more, like a music video or something before the bad reviews of the preview came in a few months back. Something people can look forward to as a familiar song/artist when they get on board.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Imagine paying 6k to play Bingo and do slide dances. How Embarrassing. Look we all said it before today that all the so called 'reviews' by the people who went for free was going to be positive. That does not make it a hit. When paying customers go to this crap that is when we will see if this is a hit or has legs. My bet...in 2 years it is closed.

You know one thing I find funny that no one is talking about? Is how Disney is constantly hiring Daisy Ridley look alikes to play Rey but they don't try to find one guy who looks like Adam Driver to play non masked Kylo. If you had Kylo unmasked in this it would fit their timeline better but now you have Kylo with a prestine mask during a period where he does not wear a mask and doesn't fix his mask until after the events of this so called crappy 'cruise'.

DonaldDoleWhip

It really bothers me that a lot of people are trying to push the narrative that anybody who criticizes the price point is doing so out of jealousy. I've only seen a couple of people on Twitter try and use this argument (literally saying verbatim that people are just "jealous they can't afford it)" and it's just a really ignorant statement to make. I'll admit, I was one of the people wary about this project but seeing it in action has changed my opinion of it. Would I pay $6,000 for it? Probably not. The reality is a lot of people who would love this kind of experience simply cannot afford it and those that can (and actually HAVE spent the money on it) all have valid reasons to criticize the price. Calling them "jealous" for doing so is disgusting and entitled.
Agreed, jealousy isn't it.

Earlier this month, when I saw the lights on in Polynesian's King Kamehameha Suite and a family dining inside before the fireworks, I was a little jealous. That's a bucket list experience for sure.

I also feel a little jealous strolling past Yacht & Beach Club heading back to Swolphin, or looking up at guests in GF's Royal Palm Club when I'm just there for dinner.

But this? Even if the price were 80% lower, I'd be saying it looks pretty neat, but it's not for me. Likewise with all the Galaxy's Edge upcharges. Would much rather spend those dollars staying in an overwater bungalow again, or maybe revisiting Japan when it opens its borders.

FC0A8EA5-59C7-4E6D-9762-A5A7656C12DB_1_201_a.jpeg

The Starcruiser does look neat, but I don't feel like I'm missing out by skipping it. The price just adds a big fat exclamation mark to that sense of indifference.

Also, I know it's come up in the thread before, but if Universal were opening an immersive Hogwarts experience I'd be far more enthusiastic–and perhaps a little jealous of those readily able to pay mid-four figures for it.

TP2000

Its still crappy

Even real cruises who only charge a 50% premium can afford different uniforms than just the captain’s.

Heck, DCL even have multiple uniforms for the same person depending on their station that shift. And they fit too!

Agreed.

What baffles me is how many people here who are lifelong Disney theme park fans are so willing to accept these frumpy, lumpy and cheap uniforms. I get it, the average 23 year old living in central Florida today has a dramatically higher BMI than the average 23 year old living in central Florida in 1971.

But what you don't do is outfit those kids all in the same cheap polyester tunic with no structure, no form, and no accesories. Because then they just look like they're wearing a cheap polyester tunic for an experience that is charging thousands per night, per cabin.

It's a dramatic downgrade not only in showmanship and quality, but in the investment in the Cast Members themselves.

LovePop

I just watched a 3 hour youtube video of the Starcruiser, and here is my favorite scene. Look at how beautiful it is!

11.PNG

It doesn't really look Star Wars, more of a Ten Forward feel to it, and I love Star Trek TNG. I wouldn't mind staying in a hotel like that for $1000 a night, or $1500 to include food for the family. The rest of the video about gives me an anxiety attack. There are crowds everywhere all the time, and one or more CM are constantly talking, singing, acting, the crowd's noise level is overwhelming. The overall effect is exhausting, for the CM and for the guests. But the above picture is quiet, beautiful, peaceful, luxurious, science fiction style, just what I want in my dream hotel!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom