News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Cesar R M

Why is Yoda there? He’s completely unrelated to every single character on the ship - he never even met Chewie.
Correct me if I'm wrong. but Didn't he met chewie right in the battle on Chewie's planet and sensed Palpatine's order 66?

* edit * nevermind.. someone had posted the screenshot of this scene.

Virtual Toad

Problem is that considering Disney's past behaviour. They almost never "get better". They start cost cutting and making "efficiency" changes to maximize profits.
True— and they have been doing it for decades now. The Galactic Starcruiser looks as if there are some redeeming and even impressive features. But at the same time the company allows the mainstream theme park experience to continue to deteriorate. I can’t justify spending 6k for what should be in the parks already, and given the current state of the parks I won’t be visiting them either any time soon.

Restoring quality, service, upkeep, missing entertainment and nighttime parades, convenience and value to the parks before — or at least concurrent with— rolling out new “premium” experiences would be a win-win for the company and its guests.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Because it's stupid. Why would Ray or Kylo gice a rat's behind who Yoda is? Again that would be like Luke seeing Ghost Gui-Gonn or Mace Windu in Empire Strikes Back. It is show hornimg a classic deceased character in a story where they don't belong. You can't defend the hotel anymore now that people have seen it so now you want to argue things like this lol. That is very funny that your arguments are getting smaller and smaller.
Gonna have to differ here…

Yoda is a crowd pleaser…if they can use him in an ingenious way…that’s smart.

He’s also the undisputed most powerful/wise Jedi ever…back when they maintained consistency in that sorta thing.

Yeah, yeah…he did fail to identify the most obvious conspiracy/bad guy ever for 7 hours onscreen…but no ones perfect.

I’m not as repulsed by the ewoks as the revisionist ROJ critics are either. That’s transference.

Imhere

Ehh.. there is plenty of examples of this all over. Take your pick colonial, ren faire, civil war era, murder theatre, etc. Just because it spans more than one day doesn't fundamentally change things. The main difference here is Star Wars and Disney budget.
OK, I'm with ya there.

I just say it's a bigger project than something that happens in a field.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Gonna have to differ here…

Yoda is a crowd pleaser…if they can use him in an ingenious way…that’s smart.

He’s also the undisputed most powerful/wise Jedi ever…back when they maintained consistency in that sorta thing.

Yeah, yeah…he did fail to identify the most obvious conspiracy/bad guy ever for 7 hours onscreen…but no ones perfect.

I’m not as repulsed by the ewoks as the revisionist ROJ critics are either. That’s transference.
I disagree. It's equivalant to when Disney just randomly brings out Tony Baxter to give his seal of approval on projects he has nothing to do with. They dust him off and show him off to the crowd. They are doing the same with Yoda.

Vegas Disney Fan

And so, how many of "THOSE" type of couples are out there.. and will drop 5K on this thing. No doubt, 10, 20 maybe 50.. maybe 200 couples.. and then after that?... The pool of candidates runs quickly out for this thing.

8 million American families make over $250,000 a year, that’s their target demographic, and thats just in the USA, if this were a bigger hotel I’d absolutely agree but they only need to sell 300 packages a week, I don’t think they’ll have a problem keeping it near capacity for years.

I worked a couple years at our pool party and we had no problem selling out our 100 or so poolside cabanas every week, on a normal weekend they’d go for $5k-10k, on a holiday weekend they’d have $10k-25k minimums… they sold out every week and that was just for 8 hours of partying at a pool.

waltography

If redundancy of experience was such a concern, they could've differentiated so many experiences on Batuu from the Starcruiser. There are so many purpose-built stages that demand a show or experience of some sort:
  • A droid mechanic show in the droid parts area teaching guests how to repair a droid
  • Vi Moradi stunt-show by the walkways above the racer pods
  • Batuuan hecklers looking down at off-worlders from the bridge by Oga's
  • Fighter pilot meet and greet by the Rise entrance
It's just hard to watch all the personalized experiences be paywalled when the original intent was to have them in the land in the first place.

Centauri Space Station

More fun that any of the activities in this hotel.

What a load of crap. A good concert is a good concert period. Even on youtube I can watch concerts that were great when they were recorded and quality and showmanahip comes through easily. That is like saying "because you weren't at the Superbowl you can't judge how good the halftime show was'. The acting here is horrendous!
You are just trolling and made it your mission to crap on everything revealed about the star cruiser.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Did anyone mention the Disney Vloggers only got a 4 hour experience?

It was only real journalists who got the full weekend paid for.
Ordinary Adventures, Straw Hat Movies, and Jojo's World all went for the full experience.
Although I think Jojo may have gone as a guest of someone else.

All Ears, The Dis, Attractions Magazine, and Disney Food Blog got the full invite but they also run websites in addition to their YouTube channels.

Centauri Space Station

Wooow. That box truck is just...wooow. awful. Hey remember Rise of the Resistance where you leave Batuu in a transport and there is light movement and it enjoyable and sells the journey to space?! You don't have people swaying back and forth aggressively as if they were in the back of a cheaply themed truck. I didn't realize space transports had brakes like a truck.
It’s an actual moving transportation system unlike the ROTR transport

durangojim

Not sure if others have mentioned this: the set of actors playing the characters were different for the vloggers who had the abbreviated experience compared to those who had the two night cruise. It seemed that the actors on the two night cruise were the A team as they’re all the ones in the commercials.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom