News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

UNCgolf

It currently is at that price point on off-season voyages ($6k for 4 guests). I think it needs to be closer to a $1k cap per person, with the $1.5k cap being for busier times.

Well, sort of. If you only have two people, the price doesn't drop to $3k -- I think the cheapest is around $4800?

I also don't think you could fit 4 adults in one room. I suppose it depends on height/weight, but the in-wall bunks look too small for someone of my height to sleep in comfortably.

CinematicFusion

I will give it up to Disney for creating something that has never been tried at this level.
We should all hope it works. Because if it does, a Harry Potter hotel isn't far behind, or a Marvel, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, ECT.

Kids who are Star Wars fans will love this and parents with money will take them here.
The family in the video is the target audience.
With Disney World being such a global attraction, this should stay pretty packed.

We shall see.

Last edited:

PrincessNelly_NJ

Lol it is soo funny. You can tell how many people are sooo disappointed in this because they keep saying the same thing like "looks fun! But not worth 6 grand. It should $1,250-$2,000." "When Disney drops the price point it will be better" etc. Their rational brains can't accept the fact- THIS IS IT. This is what your 6k gets you. So they concoct this scenario in their head of Disney lowering the price one day or how if it was lower priced it would work. I think I even saw one poster saying Disney's ultimate goal is to lower the price. What an insane take. This is it folks. They are not going to be lowering the price. Or make changes to improve it. THIS IS IT. They had a video patting themselves on their own backs for the job they did. You folks just can't rationalize this is the total package and are trying to day dream about a day when it's cheaper. It is ok to call this for what it is people- a complete waste of time and money. Soo funny seeing people saying 'It's not as bad as I thought it would be but if they made it $2,000 it would be worth it" instead of facing what Disney actually made for the price they are charging. It is ok to call out Disney folks. Soo funny seeing people try to justify what they made.
I don't think they'll lower the price but I could absolutely see them offering discounts for last minute bookings to fill rooms - similar to DCL.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

That second video does make it seem like they try to draw your attention away from the lightsaber switch moment. And it looks like Rey is ducking from something. Was that one from a different day/performance from the earlier clip we saw?
Not really. That falling chandieler was there in the first video but the person recording it just focused on Rey. And she still has that obvious and awkward lightsaber switch. Nothing really changed.

flynnibus

Premium Member
With current technology, you are correct. But with future technologies, the amount of mass being moved may be irrelevant.

Yes, when you ignore all constraints intentionally - anything is possible! Isn't that the basis of every believable story line... we ignored everything you know?

Mass = Energy = Resources = Physics

But wheeee... everything is free in the future! Why stop at a single bedroom suite? It's the future right, everyone gets a full McMansion for their stay. It's the future you know.

Timmay

Lol it is soo funny. You can tell how many people are sooo disappointed in this because they keep saying the same thing like "looks fun! But not worth 6 grand. It should $1,250-$2,000." "When Disney drops the price point it will be better" etc. Their rational brains can't accept the fact- THIS IS IT. This is what your 6k gets you. So they concoct this scenario in their head of Disney lowering the price one day or how if it was lower priced it would work. I think I even saw one poster saying Disney's ultimate goal is to lower the price. What an insane take. This is it folks. They are not going to be lowering the price. Or make changes to improve it. THIS IS IT. They had a video patting themselves on their own backs for the job they did. You folks just can't rationalize this is the total package and are trying to day dream about a day when it's cheaper. It is ok to call this for what it is people- a complete waste of time and money. Soo funny seeing people saying 'It's not as bad as I thought it would be but if they made it $2,000 it would be worth it" instead of facing what Disney actually made for the price they are charging. It is ok to call out Disney folks. Soo funny seeing people try to justify what they made.
None of that makes the slightest bit of sense…at all. People can believe something is well done, engaging, and fun and still be too expensive without it being a disappointment.

I understand that people on both ends of the spectrum have their agendas to push…this thing is perfect in every way/this thing is the most disastrous endeavor in history…but the vast majority of us understand that some things are actually capable of having both pros and cons. Stop insulting the people that aren’t on the fringe.

Oh, and I call out Disney quite a bit. This just isn’t one of those times…especially since this literally has no impact on any WDW trip I take.

jinx8402

Not really. That falling chandieler was there in the first video but the person recording it just focused on Rey. And she still has that obvious and awkward lightsaber switch. Nothing really changed.
Right. Still not perfect. But they are trying to force people who are in attendance to change focus for a bit. That was a problem with the video solely being focused on Rey. Also, the second video she played up the ducking to avoid something falling better. In the first video we saw she only bent over really quick to change it.

Again, still needs work, but I think with time and repetition and will be better. And it will obviously work better in person than on video when the person recording doesn't switch focus like they want you to. Just like live theatre and if you focus on the thing they are trying to draw your attention from, it won't be "great" show.

bpiper

Wouldn't space based ships have to get out of the atmosphere? If we're going to pretend to compare them to ships that are limited by the size of our oceans, then let's think about the fuel it might take to get out of the atmosphere, or the design choices you'd have to make to reduce friction on reentry.

Now if you were to say that pretend spaceships are not limited by size...
Nope.

Space spaced ships would be too big to safely fly in the atmosphere. Gravity would require them to be designed differently. This is why you always take shuttles up to the ship. Disney is doing the same thing. You take the Hydrolator v3.0 up to the spaceship. You take the box truck down to Bantu.

dig311dug

bitterly making fun of actual children for allowing themselves to have a good time here is really something
I find it more exploitative than anything else, including them in these free vlogger experiences doesn't seem right.
Strange times we live in... especially juxtaposing them against what's happening halfway around the world currently.
those are my .2cents.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Here is that spot clipped to start just before loading on the transport -

Wooow. That box truck is just...wooow. awful. Hey remember Rise of the Resistance where you leave Batu in a transport and there is light movement and it is enjoyable and sells the journey to space?! You don't have people swaying back and forth aggressively as if they were in the back of a cheaply themed truck. I didn't realize space transports had brakes like a truck.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom