News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

CinematicFusion

This is not a movie. They have to deal with real world limitations of live theatre.

Also since this takes place after Last Jedi, we can suspend disbelief that he repaired the helmet before this and batuu (where he also wears his helmet). The montage in Rise showing him fixing the helmet could have been a flashback that occurs before this. There. Problem solved.
It would be so much cooler if Darth Vader was the villian in both Galaxy's Edge and Galactic StarCruiser but that is a dream that will never happen. Such huge wasted opportunity.
darth-vader-in-rogue-one.jpg

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Lol it is soo funny. You can tell how many people are sooo disappointed in this because they keep saying the same thing like "looks fun! But not worth 6 grand. It should $1,250-$2,000." "When Disney drops the price point it will be better" etc. Their rational brains can't accept the fact- THIS IS IT. This is what your 6k gets you. So they concoct this scenario in their head of Disney lowering the price one day or how if it was lower priced it would work. I think I even saw one poster saying Disney's ultimate goal is to lower the price. What an insane take. This is it folks. They are not going to be lowering the price. Or make changes to improve it. THIS IS IT. They had a video patting themselves on their own backs for the job they did. You folks just can't rationalize this is the total package and are trying to day dream about a day when it's cheaper. It is ok to call this for what it is people- a complete waste of time and money. Soo funny seeing people saying 'It's not as bad as I thought it would be but if they made it $2,000 it would be worth it" instead of facing what Disney actually made for the price they are charging. It is ok to call out Disney folks. Soo funny seeing people try to justify what they made.

Diamond Dot

Watching The Dis stay, I think, yes there is some cheesy acting and its certainly not a relaxing two days, but Disney certainly seems to have made enough mission things, that if the price point weren't so high (maybe $1500 at most per person), this could be a fun couple of days for fans and children. Will be interesting to see how long the current price point stands.

Another freebie handed out by Disney for publicity while expecting the rest of us to hand over our genuinely hard earned and hard saved dollars

cindy_k

this thing is a hit folks!
View attachment 624150
Watching The Dis video, it looked like they did a good job involving the kids. I am not surprised they were upset about leaving.
My son at this age would have loved this. He went on the Pirate Cruise twice at WDW. Once at 5yo and then again at 8. He did say when he was 8, that it had more magic for him at 5.

flynnibus

Premium Member
So watching that Attractions Magazine tour... it's interesting that the scene in the earlier videos that got so many bent before (the elevator lobbies) are some of the worst parts of the ship. The hallways right next to it are actually done better (curved wall transitions, etc). It's kinda goofy how those lobbies are so square, while everywhere else avoids it.

I'm glad they got the sliding doors in some of the main areas, ashame they didn't do powered for the guest rooms too... but at least they are sliders.

The room touches are very nice. I always thought the rooms got way too much negativity here and the video shows them off well. The attention in the datapad on the wall, the 'shield' effect for the window, etc are all very nicely done. Those bed runners will be much sought after. The bathroom is a bit flat... but I'm sure that's one 'function' some people just don't want messed with.

The transition from the ground to ship still seems pretty blunt. Why aren't you greeted and have staff guide you when you arrive at the ship?

The lounge looks great and what I was expecting from interiors on the ship. The lobby/atrium is not as good IMO but has it's high spots.

So far I'd say for the space itself.. it's about what could be expected, with some good details you can see they obviously spent time on, but then it's conflicted with other areas that are just like.. forgotten.

The transition to the Batuu shuttle... wth am I at MCO boarding a 737? Same at the other end... so barren and zero character. Obviously the shuttle interior is on character, but it looks like a bus ride experience only. BOOO

The pin they give you looks nice though.

That dining room? still looks like a cafeteria. That's probably the biggest miss for me in terms of looking 'cheap'.

So it seems the characters can be decent for adults... the captain still looks horrid tho. The interactive stuff still seems aimed too young. The environment is highs and lows... but probably upgradable as they figure things out. The character interaction has good potential if they keep it up.

If it were priced more competitively with a cruise I bet alot more people would change their tune. But being low volume, they will keep that price premium. 3500 for a family of four for 2 days would be my sweet spot.

Last edited:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

See my point! Another one talking
So watching that Attractions Magazine tour... it's interesting that the scene in the earlier videos that got so many bent before (the elevatory lobbies) are some of the worst parts of the ship. The hallways right next to it are actually done better (curved wall transitions, etc). It's kinda goofy how those lobbies are so square, while everywhere else avoids it.

I'm glad they got the sliding doors in some of the main areas, ashame they didn't do powered for the guest rooms too... but at least they are sliders.

The room touches are very nice. I always thought the rooms got way too much negativity here and the video shows them off well. The attention in the datapad on the wall, the 'shield' effect for the window, etc are all very nicely done. Those bed runners will be much sought after. The bathroom is a bit flat... but I'm sure that's one 'function' some people just don't want messed with.

The transition from the ground to ship still seems pretty blunt. Why aren't you greeted and have staff guide you when you arrive at the ship?

The lounge looks great and what I was expecting from interiors on the ship. The lobby/atrium is not as good IMO but has it's high spots.

So far I'd say for the space itself.. it's about what could be expected, with some good details you can see they obviously spent time on, but then it's conflicted with other areas that are just like.. forgotten.

The transition to the Batuu shuttle... wth am I at MCO boarding a 737? Same at the other end... so barren and zero character. Obviously the shuttle interior is on character, but it looks like a bus ride experience only. BOOO

The pin they give you looks nice though.

That dining room? still looks like a cafeteria. That's probably the biggest miss for me in terms of looking 'cheap'.

So it seems the characters can be decent for adults... the captain still looks horrid tho. The interactive stuff still seems aimed too young. The environment is highs and lows... but probably upgradable as they figure things out. The character interaction has good potential if they keep it up.

If it were priced more competitively with a cruise I bet alot more people would change their tune. But being low volume, they will keep that price premium. 3500 for a family of four for 2 days would be my sweet spot.
about how it would be great if the price was lower. People are in shock how bad this is for the prices they are charging they are making up a scenario of Disney dropping the price, which will never happen. It will either live or die at this price point folks.

AEfx

This is what your 6k gets you. So they concoct this scenario in their head of Disney lowering the price one day or how if it was lower priced it would work. I think I even saw one poster saying Disney's ultimate goal is to lower the price. What an insane take. This is it folks. They are not going to be lowering the price.
Agreed - I have to laugh as well at any notion that they will be lowering the price, LOL.

Apparently those folks are completely unfamiliar with Walt Disney World.

The only things we can pretty much guarantee are: they somehow further reduce what little is already there, start more "up-charges" (I'm honestly shocked the dinner one is only $30pp), and the price will continue to go up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom