News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

DLEXP

Disney just opened up applications for current DCP participants to transfer into Galactic Starcruiser. Seems like a very interesting choice, I personally will be doing the DCP this coming spring and have plenty of customer service experience and could see myself working here, but for the large majority of current DCP participants, it seems odd that Disney would throw them at the clientele that will be boarding the Starcruiser.
I sorta get it. It's long hours in windowless rooms. DCP participants are usually there only for a semester so not only would they be enthusiastic about the job at start...but once they realize what the job is they won't go crazy because its just a few months.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So everyone is burying the lead here…

what in hell is “franchise content and strategy” department??

…if you want to know why/how bad of shape LFL is in…don’t look farther than right there
It would be very odd not to have such a department.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It would be very odd not to have such a department.

I only bring it up based on the concept of “results based industry”

…sumpin’ ain’t working…except the little yoda and the “nice” boba fett

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
On the subject of legalities, are the rumors true that if you happen to conceive an offspring during your time on Galactic Starcruiser, you are required to give the child a Star Wars name?
No…based on the size of the rooms/beds the spawn must be named “circus acrobat”…

Which considering the typical physical fitness of the cosplay crowd is even more impressive 👍🏻

pdude81

Disney just opened up applications for current DCP participants to transfer into Galactic Starcruiser. Seems like a very interesting choice, I personally will be doing the DCP this coming spring and have plenty of customer service experience and could see myself working here, but for the large majority of current DCP participants, it seems odd that Disney would throw them at the clientele that will be boarding the Starcruiser.
From the outside I can see why they'd want some youth and energy for this. If you're DCP then you haven't yet tried to reduce the amount of stress you put on yourself for the Orlando salary.

mergatroid

Ironically, just says about the downturn of Disney quality.
Almost all vloggers used to smooch Disney's butt regardless of everything.

But now...?
So let me get this straight. A vlogger says something's good at Disney it's because they don't want to upset Disney and are lying. If they say anything bad about Disney then it must be true and 100 times worse than anything else because it made them break rule number one of always saying everything is great even if it's not?

And people say Disney skew their polls about customer experiences in their parks to favour themselves? :rolleyes:

LSLS

So let me get this straight. A vlogger says something's good at Disney it's because they don't want to upset Disney and are lying. If they say anything bad about Disney then it must be true and 100 times worse than anything else because it made them break rule number one of always saying everything is great even if it's not?

And people say Disney skew their polls about customer experiences in their parks to favour themselves? :rolleyes:

The logic makes sense. Someone given free and early access to all things disney is very unlikely to say bad things about something and risk losing that access. If they are willing to risk it, it must be pretty bad. This is nothing new or exclusive to Disney. The NHL is known to personally call writers who say anything bad about them. Years ago, the Islanders actually pulled the press credentials of a site that said something the owner didn't like. Vloggers are a dime a dozen, so that early access is very important to those that get it.

mergatroid

The logic makes sense. Someone given free and early access to all things disney is very unlikely to say bad things about something and risk losing that access. If they are willing to risk it, it must be pretty bad. This is nothing new or exclusive to Disney. The NHL is known to personally call writers who say anything bad about them. Years ago, the Islanders actually pulled the press credentials of a site that said something the owner didn't like. Vloggers are a dime a dozen, so that early access is very important to those that get it.
The people we're talking about have no early access and have paid fully for their stay? We're told anything positive they say is a lie and everything bad they say is the truth. Do you not see how that kind of skews the results? People who are negative want to use their reviews if those reviews are bad, however the same people say they don't believe them if they say anything good. Therefore anything they say is deemed to point Disney in a negative light. If people don't trust vloggers to tell the truth then that's up to them, but then don't use anything they say as proof of anything. Talk about cherry picking :D

Last edited:

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
The people we're talking about have no early access and have paid fully for their stay? We're told anything positive they say is a lie and everything bad they say is the truth. Do you not see how that kind of skews the results? People who are negative want to use their reviews if those reviews are bad, however the same people say they don't believe them if they say anything good. Therefore anything they say is deemed to point Disney in a negative light. If people don't trust vloggers to tell the truth then that's up to them, but then don't use anything they say as proof of anything. Talk about cherry picking :D
That's why it's best to listen to Bob. Bob is smart. Bob is the way.

danv3

For those who accept comped stays, yeah, pretty much.

LSLS

Somewhat it is. But there is something about people who make their living loving disney not being the most trustworthy for positive reviews. Heck, ill turn it another way. I 100% do not trust the people who bash absolutely everything disney touched with star wars to tell me if a star wars thing is bad. But if they said it's good, that does mean something. Someone who attacks absolutely everything disney does with star wars saying something is good means a lot more than that person saying it's bad like they do with everything else.

mightynine

Someone has to run the gift shop, front desk, make the food, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom