News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

JMcMahonEsq

To paraphrase Roger Ebert, a good review should let the reader know what the experience is like and whether or not it's something they would enjoy.

Saying something is worth a certain amount of money or warrants a certain ranking is indeed subjective. A review should focus on letting people know things like how much time is devoted to activities, what types of things happen, what is the scope of the offerings, etc.

Also, any review content shared here should really be marked as spoilers, for anyone not wanting to hear every detail.
I think this nails it on the head. Right now, we don't have any real idea of what the experience is going to be like, and I think for most people, that's the first question that needs to be asked. Disney is trying something relatively new and out of the box for them, did they get it right? Price is completely subjective, although still an important part of an individual's purchasing decision, and I am sure for Disney, they care if they got the price point right. But for anyone actually thinking about booking a stay, first the experience has to "work". If I am buying something, I first need to know, do I want it/does it work? If I don't/it doesn't the cost is irrelevant. Let's say someone offered me tickets to the ballet for $10,000K per night for a local high school performance. I am not going b/c I don't like the ballet. Similarly, someone offers me tickets to the Bolshoi, for $50, I am still not going. Why, b/c I still don't like the ballet. The perceived "value" of one ticket vs the other is irrelevant to the idea of if i want to go.

Once there is evidence that what is being offered is good/entertaining. Then everyone can make their own opinions as to if the juice is worth the squeeze.

Dragonman

First test cruise happened yesterday. Heard this second-hand report....

" They were not in full costume yet. But I was told the food was great the rooms are really cool , in the show (finale) was fun . Now for some spoilers the bar is kind of small there is only one sabacc table that holds 5 People. That seems a little small."

The on ship shop..."It's mostly clothing, the usual patches pins things like that . The show was the end show finale With the 1st order invasion. Kylo and ray battle. The first night is the singer"

"20 at a time lightsaber training"

the experience "felt worth the price"

source: a post in my Starcruiser spoiler FB group from a member.
Is the singing as cringe-worthy as what’s shown in the video?

Dragonman

I might be in the minority. But, I thought her singing was the highlight of the video. Her voice was beautiful. The rest of the video --- WOW!
She’s a great singer don’t get me wrong but the song itself is just so out of place and doesn’t feel like most Star Wars. Brings back good memories of the Special Edition…
779D1354-78D8-457B-9303-F9C2B02C2EC1.jpeg

Maybe if they translated it to Huttese and sung it like that it might fit better.

EPCOT-O.G.

They're calling it 'a cruise' because Disney called it a cruise, why would that bother you? You're complaining or questioning how immersive the experience will be, yet ironically criticising those calling it 'a cruise' who are just playing along with the immersive name Disney gave it.

Had Disney called it 'A galactic stay', you'd probably be saying "But you're supposed to be travelling through space, how is that a stay?"

I believe every adult paying to stay knows it's not a real cruise anywhere, as do all the CM's working there. They're calling it 'a cruise' as it simulates a cruise through space. Again they're only calling it that to add to the immersion that you're actually questioning.
Don't be naive. They're calling it a "cruise" so they can justify the costs; they'd clearly much rather you equate the experience with DCL than its hotel counterpart AoA or ASM.

mergatroid

They weren't arguing with me, I was arguing with them as they created a fantasy of multiple failures and spurious issues.

LARPing not your thing? Fine. But don't make up stupid scenarios to show the LARPing will be a failure because one really doesn't understand what a massive LARPing event is like (which have been done successfully in the past).

Can't accept there being no pool? Fine. But don't harp on technical definitions of "hotel" to show what a massive failure the starcruiser is for *failing* to have a pool like every hotel in existence!!

Not immersive enough for you? Fine. But don't make the completely laughable argument that it *must* be *100% immersive.* Such things don't exist anywhere in themed entertainment.

A promotional video cringey? Sure. But plenty of Disney's promotional videos have also been cringey. Zip Zip. Do the Space Mountain rap! Zip zip!

BTW, I've already said long ago that if anyone complains about the price, I wouldn't argue with that. But when people get into a monomaniacal focus to tear something down, facts and reason go out the airlock.
Interesting report, though I'm not sure the test cruisers can comment on things being worth the price if they're not paying the full price.

Yep, definitely the same as comparing reviews from people who spent $6,000 for a two-day experience versus those who went for free.
Completely agree with you. On the flip side you must then ignore all the people on here saying how terrible it is then as they've not been?

I mean we've got a group of people who have actually stayed inside the hotel for 2 days and personally seen, smelt and tasted the offering this 'cruise' provides. They saw the whole 'ship', slept in the beds saw the actors and heard their lines. They played the games, tested the electronic simulations and experienced the shows. But because they've not paid, you're 'not trusting' their reviews.

On the other hand you've got some folks on here who've experienced absolutely none of it but are somehow in a better position to give a balanced assessment of it because they've seen an advert on television? And by the way, these folks haven't paid either remember that.

mergatroid

Don't be naive. They're calling it a "cruise" so they can justify the costs; they'd clearly much rather you equate the experience with DCL than its hotel counterpart AoA or ASM.
How am I being naive? Do you think that people booking believe they're going on a 'cruise' or do you perhaps think that they realise that they're staying in a building that doesn't move? Do you think that Billy Joe from Texas wouldn't have paid $6,000 to go if the word 'cruise' wasn't used but because it was he decided "Hey we gotta go to this Disney Star Wars thing y'all because it's a CRUISE" :rolleyes:

Cesar R M

She’s a great singer don’t get me wrong but the song itself is just so out of place and doesn’t feel like most Star Wars. Brings back good memories of the Special Edition…
View attachment 613944

Maybe if they translated it to Huttese and sung it like that it might fit better.
And people still complain about Sponge Bob's impossible physiology like his unattainable thigh gap.

lewisc

Disney is calling it a cruise because it closer to cruise experience then.a Disney hotel experience. You have specific checkin and checkout dates. Meals are included. Entertainment is included. Guests will have an excursion to Batuu but will otherwise be in the starship.
The Star Wars experience might be a better term.

JMO Batuu should be done as a guided tour. Like a shore tour. A guide for a group of 20-50. Headsets,or the equivalent.

TP2000

Haters: What if you don't want to get in involved in the immersive experience you paid five grand for? What's there to do?

Disney: There's a TV in your room.

Haters: That's not immersive!!!

It's all a valid point. They really are damned if they do and damned if they don't. I don't envy them.

But they also seem to have cut and pasted the cabin descriptions on their own website. It just makes it seem like the rooms are "Disney" and basic.

Instead... Why not mention the sheet thread counts of cotton grown on the moon of Endor? Claim the bathroom soap has lavender from an artisanal hipster Wookie doing organic farming on Kashyyk. Mention how the window into space has a childproof lock? The possibilities are endless there.

But they went with TV's and phones "with voicemail" and H20 Plus products, just like the Poly. :rolleyes:

Fido Chuckwagon

First test cruise happened yesterday. Heard this second-hand report....

" They were not in full costume yet. But I was told the food was great the rooms are really cool , in the show (finale) was fun . Now for some spoilers the bar is kind of small there is only one sabacc table that holds 5 People. That seems a little small."

The on ship shop..."It's mostly clothing, the usual patches pins things like that . The show was the end show finale With the 1st order invasion. Kylo and ray battle. The first night is the singer"

"20 at a time lightsaber training"

the experience "felt worth the price"

source: a post in my Starcruiser spoiler FB group from a member.
Of course it’s a test cruise, so they didn’t pay $6,000.

mergatroid

And people still complain about Sponge Bob's impossible physiology like his unattainable thigh gap.
I've never trusted Sponge Bob since he touched my genital area at Universal Studios. I had a picture taken and as I turned to thank 'him', 'his' hand caught me right where it shouldn't have. Believe me, the unattainable thigh gap is the last thing to complain about pertaining to this uncouth individual ;)

JoeCamel

I've never trusted Sponge Bob since he touched my genital area at Universal Studios. I had a picture taken and as I turned to thank 'him', 'his' hand caught me right where it shouldn't have. Believe me, the unattainable thigh gap is the last thing to complain about pertaining to this uncouth individual ;)
But you once had your nose broken at Epcot so maybe you had it coming? ;)

mergatroid

Disney is calling it a cruise because it closer to cruise experience then.a Disney hotel experience. You have specific checkin and checkout dates. Meals are included. Entertainment is included. Guests will have an excursion to Batuu but will otherwise be in the starship.
The Star Wars experience might be a better term.

JMO Batuu should be done as a guided tour. Like a shore tour. A guide for a group of 20-50. Headsets,or the equivalent.
The differences between this compared to AOA or ASM are massive. If we use this posters logic then we can say a Grand Floridian suite is the same as a Motel 6 room as they both contain a bed :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom