News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Patcheslee

Hrmm.. yet when you look at the Cruise Line rooms..

View attachment 613902

H20?? Wow they must be really scraping the bottom trying to describe those rooms too!

You guys are so fixated on tearing this thing down you'll easily latch on anything before even trying.
I was commenting on MY personal reaction to having it listed, which is there must not be much to the room. If cruises, which BTW you can't go to the Disney World website to book, list it more power to them.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I was commenting on MY personal reaction to having it listed, which is there must not be much to the room. If cruises, which BTW you can't go to the Disney World website to book, list it more power to them.
So you confirm my point... eager to leap verse maybe taking just a tad more effort to understand maybe why something was that way.

flynnibus

Premium Member
So why was it listed then?

As the example illustrates... your hypothesis is wrong.

I don't need to know why to disprove your leap to conclusion.

I'd wager you have people following examples/boilerplate and adapting. Or even craziness like.. same teams working on the content.

Notes from Neverland

First test cruise happened yesterday. Heard this second-hand report....

" They were not in full costume yet. But I was told the food was great the rooms are really cool , in the show (finale) was fun . Now for some spoilers the bar is kind of small there is only one sabacc table that holds 5 People. That seems a little small."

The on ship shop..."It's mostly clothing, the usual patches pins things like that . The show was the end show finale With the 1st order invasion. Kylo and ray battle. The first night is the singer"

"20 at a time lightsaber training"

the experience "felt worth the price"

source: a post in my Starcruiser spoiler FB group from a member.
Interesting report, though I'm not sure the test cruisers can comment on things being worth the price if they're not paying the full price.

sedati

Interesting report, though I'm not sure the test cruisers can comment on things being worth the price if they're not paying the full price.
Like at the supermarket when they give you a free sample and then you see that there's a twelve pack for three bucks and you collapse onto the floor with a nosebleed because your brain can't possibly comprehend.

sedati

As for the televisions, I assume the default channel will be something in-universe like a holo-net loop intercut with Starcruiser info. It should be up to you to break immersion from there if you want to.

lewisc

To paraphrase Roger Ebert, a good review should let the reader know what the experience is like and whether or not it's something they would enjoy.

Saying something is worth a certain amount of money or warrants a certain ranking is indeed subjective.
That was the point of thumbs-up and thumbs-down. Is the movie worth paying for. Yes or No. Straight answer.

Notes from Neverland

Like at the supermarket when they give you a free sample and then you see that there's a twelve pack for three bucks and you collapse onto the floor with a nosebleed because your brain can't possibly comprehend.
Yep, definitely the same as comparing reviews from people who spent $6,000 for a two-day experience versus those who went for free.

Wendy Pleakley

That was the point of thumbs-up and thumbs-down. Is the movie worth paying for. Yes or No. Straight answer.

That was also likely a concession to be more TV friendly and set their program apart from others. They also discussed the movies beyond that simple rating and continued to publish longer reviews.

That's not to say ratings shouldn't be used or don't serve a purpose, just that the substance of a review is what really tells me whether or not a given product is for me.

GimpYancIent

Initial experience tester results are interesting and can be spoilers of sorts. The old school rule of thumb is not to take them seriously until the reviews and reports from the actual clientele / participants come in and that will not be until March. I am in the camp that see's the testers as being biased in their analysis hence interesting but not to be taken seriously.

lewisc

That was also likely a concession to be more TV friendly and set their program apart from others. They also discussed the movies beyond that simple rating and continued to publish longer reviews.

That's not to say ratings shouldn't be used or don't serve a purpose, just that the substance of a review is what really tells me whether or not a given product is for me.
All true. A definitive yes or no conclusion to their review separated them from other reviewers. They trademarked using thumbs up and thumbs down in the context of movie reviews.

Starcruiser costs a few dollars more then a movie. A simple yes or no probably won't be enough to help us decide.

Cesar R M

The only reason I'd want to book a room is to order Cheesecake Factory on DoorDash and watch the chaos ensue.
Plot twist.. They force the DoorDash guy to dress like Ruby Rhod from The fifth Element to deliver the food.

"Oh Darling! Heres your food, That should be 40$. you be super green ok?!
1642187045509.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom