News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

GimpYancIent

In my opinion it could be worse.

There are countless of morons and try hard trolls from different groups (like reddit, youtube..etc..) that will try to disrupt on purpose to cause reactions. Those who specifically confront or sabotage for a quick laugh and their 5 minutes of fame.
I think this is why its critical to disallow the phone usage inside the hotel itself.
Curious if (the tech does exist) the building that is the Halcyon can be turned into a dead zone where once in through the entrance portal no cell phone signal can go out or in.

Cesar R M

I, personally, would like to know fully about the experience. That means photos, just like we do in the parks and other hotels. Are the cabins as cramped as they looked in the concept art? Is the hallway really that horrid as that video? Do you magically fade out and back in as you walk into the cantina where that lady sang? Is there a live band? Does the bridge really look as bad as we saw? It can't be. What did they do to simulate the "engineering" of the ship? Are they showing anything of it to guests? What's the brig look like (especially if I'm gonna end up there asking so many moronic questions!).
Ironically, I think Disney would have had a much better luck by making the mock up "space cruise" of the hilarious TV series "Avenue 5" With Hugh Laurie as the fake "captain".
Because that would apply even better.
With the fake bridge, etc..

TikibirdLand

Curious if (the tech does exist) the building that is the Halcyon cab be turned into a dead zone where once in through the entrance portal no cell phone signal can go out or in.
I have that effect in several buildings I've visited. There's some kind of Faraday cage that blocks the signals. Maybe hospitals do that to lower the amount of radiation from cat scan magnetrons.

Smooth

s-l300.jpg

FettFan

Curious if (the tech does exist) the building that is the Halcyon can be turned into a dead zone where once in through the entrance portal no cell phone signal can go out or in.

That would be illegal under FCC regulation.

a science teacher in Florida had the feds at his door for using a signal jammer during class hours. The school suspended him for a week without pay.

TikibirdLand

That would be illegal under FCC regulation.

a science teacher in Florida had the feds at his door for using a signal jammer during class hours. The school suspended him for a week without pay.

I don't think passive systems like cages could be regulated as a jammer would be. The metal case around the radio in your car would be considered one. rebar and mesh in a concrete wall would also count as a passive Faraday shield.

Casper Gutman

For those who LARP - how do you handle an experience with such a dramatic range of experiences, ages, and expectations? What if little seven-year-old Johnny says he is Super Captain Gandalf Potter Skywalker and he’s the most powerful Jedi ever and he gets to do whatever he wants? Can other, experienced LARPers with appropriate, nuanced characters ignore his character? Redefine it? Can CMs tell him he can’t do certain things if he insists his character can? How do you avoid that descending into conflict?

Incomudro

I, personally, would like to know fully about the experience. That means photos, just like we do in the parks and other hotels. Are the cabins as cramped as they looked in the concept art? Is the hallway really that horrid as that video? Do you magically fade out and back in as you walk into the cantina where that lady sang? Is there a live band? Does the bridge really look as bad as we saw? It can't be. What did they do to simulate the "engineering" of the ship? Are they showing anything of it to guests? What's the brig look like (especially if I'm gonna end up there asking so many moronic questions!).
If you think about it Disney really doesn't give full reveals on rides.
They show snippets.

Incomudro

For those who LARP - how do you handle an experience with such a dramatic range of experiences, ages, and expectations? What if little seven-year-old Johnny says he is Super Captain Gandalf Potter Skywalker and he’s the most powerful Jedi ever and he gets to do whatever he wants? Can other, experienced LARPers with appropriate, nuanced characters ignore his character? Redefine it? Can CMs tell him he can’t do certain things if he insists his character can? How do you avoid that descending into conflict?
Reminds me of when my son's were 6 years old, I'd take them to an outdoor playground where they'd encounter a couple of other boys their age - and all of them would want to be Spider Man.

Fido Chuckwagon

I don't think passive systems like cages could be regulated as a jammer would be. The metal case around the radio in your car would be considered one. rebar and mesh in a concrete wall would also count as a passive Faraday shield.
Disney couldn't even spend the money to decorate the hallways to look like a spaceship, you think they're investing in turning the hotel into a giant Faraday cage?

Wendy Pleakley

I'd tell him he can't use my character because Super Captain Gandalf Potter Skywalker is already taken.

lazyboy97o

It’s still illegal. Intentionally interfering with signals is what is prohibited. And it’s not something you can just do and keep secret, part of commissioning the building will be testing to ensure the radios for first responders work in the building.

kingdead

More like 37-year-old Johnny...

TikibirdLand

Disney couldn't even spend the money to decorate the hallways to look like a spaceship, you think they're investing in turning the hotel into a giant Faraday cage?
Concrete walls are pretty effective at this. The rebar and iron mesh used works pretty well. And, with no windows, there's attenuation there too. Not saying the did. Just pointing out ways to do this on the cheap.

TikibirdLand

It’s still illegal. Intentionally interfering with signals is what is prohibited. And it’s not something you can just do and keep secret, part of commissioning the building will be testing to ensure the radios for first responders work in the building.
I don't know of any building codes regarding this. Would you mind pointing it out for me. A link would be helpful...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom