News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

brb1006

Test stays at Walt Disney World's 'Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser' begin very soon​

mandalorian-baby-yoda.gif

Welp, this is going to get interesting.

matt9112

If you listen to some on this thread the criticisms of this place are unwarranted and just complaining by a bunch of online posters. Those same people are not as vigorously defending this thing anymore.

Even if you were in love with this concept why be the first? Maybe some FOMO? wait till real reviews pop.

mergatroid

mandalorian-baby-yoda.gif

Welp, this is going to get interesting.
Indeed it will, the first chance to get some reports. I'm guessing if it gets good reviews we'll be told it's because those invited are lying to protect their Disney status, in fact that's already been claimed. Of course if we hear that it's terrible then I'm guessing those reviews will be classed as extremely reliable and must be true with no agenda.

I suppose the only real valid test will be when paying customers start attending and give their feedback. Obviously there's a certain amount of subjectivity on what one person likes and another doesn't. So there'll be a happy medium where if a lot love or hate it, we'll probably have to use that as a guide on judging it. More so will be how over a period of time it does financially for Disney. Even if it is highly rated or classed as 'worth the price' by actual guests, some will say they hate it and so it's a failure in their minds. Again it's subjective I suppose.

It will be interesting hearing what the story entails a little more following these tests. I'd personally never pay to go to this type of thing, even if it cost a 5th of the price. However I'm fascinated how this works out and really hope that Star Wars fans who pay for this enjoy the experience especially when paying a lot of money.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Testing is/was to be expected I just hope Disney gets a decent sampling of guests including those less likely to partake in the adventure. It should be a broad range and not JUST "contest winners" and CM previews. A sampling of grandpa and grandmas, reluctant spouses, the overworked Mom with 3 toddlers, etc. Disney should of course aim for the diehard fans but provide enough content for "the other" passengers to be content and still happily entertained throughout their stay.

GimpYancIent

Test stays at Walt Disney World's 'Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser' begin very soon​

Good idea. Sound thinking. Wonder who the who the guinea pigs, I mean test subjects, I mean experimental subjects, aww hell, I mean specially selected lucky guests will be?

Lil Copter Cap

I know there is a lot of frustration around Disney and their upcharging + lessening of product and service; however, I genuinely don't think that they would be charging what they are charging if this experience isn't going to be operating at a high caliber (immersion, roleplaying, food/beverage, performance, etc, etc).

Disney has made recent decisions that aren't favorable or are flat out terrible, but the pricing on this experience means it has to deliver, even if its only for the first few months to attain favorable reviews. Disney World DOES know how to do resort hotels. And I'm willing to bet that, despite the terrible marketing, this experience will deliver (or will eventually deliver) something that reflects the asking price.

Otherwise...and I don't have to tell you all, guests will gladly have at 'em with their thoughts.

Casper Gutman

I know there is a lot of frustration around Disney and their upcharging + lessening of product and service; however, I genuinely don't think that they would be charging what they are charging if this experience isn't going to be operating at a high caliber (immersion, roleplaying, food/beverage, performance, etc, etc).

Disney has made recent decisions that aren't favorable or are flat out terrible, but the pricing on this experience means it has to deliver, even if its only for the first few months to attain favorable reviews. Disney World DOES know how to do resort hotels. And I'm willing to bet that, despite the terrible marketing, this experience will deliver (or will eventually deliver) something that reflects the asking price.

Otherwise...and I don't have to tell you all, guests will gladly have at 'em with their thoughts.
Not a single WDW hotel is worth the current price, and I’ve stayed at all those built before AoA and absolutely love AKL, Beach (although it’s really declined), and Orleans.

GimpYancIent

I see you have a positive outlook for this Galactic Star Cruiser experience. In keeping with the Star Wars theme there is always hope. In reality, all across Disney parks, the pricing has hit the point of, simply put, overpriced. The sole reliance for adding any value to the experience or products purchased is the fact the guest did it or bought it at a Disney property. That "magical" aura is fading fast though. Now! with the Galactic Star Cruiser, this has been launched into hyperspace Yeah! Disney has punched it and are going for it all. Based on what has been teased, revealed or presented in trailer rather than raise interest, excite and motivate a desire for more the exact opposite has occurred. Combine the current Disney trend to over price (in the case of the Star Cruiser outrageous) with the dismal marketing campaign showing the product as substandard and real-world concerns such as COVID19 protocols together project an unsuccessful project. The Halcyon is heading for an asteroid field and Disney does not care about the odds. Gutsy, foolish, but gutsy.

orion54

I am a DVC member as reference and very happy with my purchase in 2016. No way would I recommend purchasing now. I disagree with the BOLDED statement in the sense that Disney once did know how to do resorts and price them accordingly. No way is $500/night or more justified at any Disney World resort. $300/night at the values are a joke as well. You get better accommodations at Hampton Inn and Fairfield Inn than any value and possible moderate Disney resort. The only thing Disney World resorts give you is staying in the bubble. Almost every other perks has been eliminated.

Current Disney management wants to be ultra upscale but doesn't understand what that entails. Walt Disney never designed the parks to be that way for a reason. He wasn't trying to cater to the ultra rich. Current management thinks the current state of the Parks is upscale due to the massive crowds. So why not just raise prices to weed out the crowds? They don't have to upkeep and add attractions right? People who are ultra rich look at Disney Parks as a one and done for the most part due to the lack of freshness. Why do you think Las Vegas keep changing? People who go will always say Vegas has changed from the last time they went, even if it was a year ago. In a way, this used to be what Disney World was like until the recent management. Now it's just take away and nickel and dime. That's the reason so many are skeptical of the Star Wars hotel and it's experience. They are using all the cut backs and slow walking development on even the most recent additions as reference like GE, Tron coaster, Guardians ride, etc.

We just stayed at Riviera. Beautiful DVC resort. We enjoyed it. Did you all know that it was announced at or around the same time as Tron and Guardians rides? 2017. Riviera was completed in 1 1/2 to 2 years. It's going on 5 years and Disney can't even complete a single ride between Tron and Guardians. Seriously. ??? A ride takes longer than a hotel, several restaurants, skyliner, etc.?????

JMcMahonEsq

Remember when they said that GE was going to have droids and characters running around? If we are to use GE as any proof of how that turned out, I expect to see a quarter of the amount of what is shown in the concept art for this. There really isn't much in GE sans a few stormtroopers and Rey and Chewie. There is no way that this experience will have more than that.
How many times have you been to GE? I don’t think I have ever been to GE on either coast (thought to fair all my experience except 2 are in WDW) when I haven’t seen or interacted with characters. Storm troopers, Rey, chewie, Kilo Ren. Hell even in merchandise shops I have had CM’s not breaking character when selling items or soda grenades. Is it like being in a LARP, no, but those character interactions have occurred every time I was there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom