News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

kingdead

I know but I am skeptical that the super rich in the star wars universe would want to be swinging a lightsaber around on a luxury cruise.
They had the super rich already in the Last Jedi, a movie notoriously loved by all fans. What they liked to do was gamble, get massages, and oppress those sad little urchins that tended the space horses. In the end, the heroes smashed up the hotel because they were arrested for parking violations by the snobby staff (always valet).

Sadly, there are no massages and no space horses on this trip, although depending on the behavior of the children involved there might be urchins.

EOD K9

Attachments

• 42062997-7879-4648-AAD4-E726D095F4FE.jpeg
    42062997-7879-4648-AAD4-E726D095F4FE.jpeg
    39.4 KB · Views: 92

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
They had the super rich already in the Last Jedi, a movie notoriously loved by all fans. What they liked to do was gamble, get massages, and oppress those sad little urchins that tended the space horses. In the end, the heroes smashed up the hotel because they were arrested for parking violations by the snobby staff (always valet).

Sadly, there are no massages and no space horses on this trip, although depending on the behavior of the children involved there might be urchins.
..."the Last Jedi, a movie notoriously loved by all fans." Ummm... what?

lazyboy97o

NO! Disney would NEVER use biased surveys! /s

I've been saying for years that Disney's surveys are often VERY biased and serve only to validate the opinions/choices of the person who asked that the survey be done to begin with.
Remember, a preference for more dining options at Downtown Disney was spun as “Tear down Pleasure Island.”

danv3

LOL.

Also, that Canto Bight scene was one of the worst parts of a pretty bad move.

Casper Gutman

Ok, so what would that escape room be for 4 people for 48 hours and a few meals at that rate?
Well, the Starcruiser isn’t 48 hours. It’s 44.5. And a lot of that time you’re either asleep or in a theme park. But let’s use 45 hours here - we’ll be generous. That makes the Starcruiser over 53 bucks an hour per person, about twice the amount listed by the poster to whom you’re responding.

corran horn

Well, the Starcruiser isn’t 48 hours. It’s 44.5. And a lot of that time you’re either asleep or in a theme park. But let’s use 45 hours here - we’ll be generous. That makes the Starcruiser over 53 bucks an hour per person, about twice the amount listed by the poster to whom you’re responding.
Well, if you're going to split hairs, they usually don't feed you in escape rooms.

I'm not sure how your math is working. $6K standard cabin (the numbers that's been used as a block cost, 2 adults and 2 kids) / 45 hours is $133.33. Divide that by 4 is $33.33.

Last edited:

mightynine

Well, if you're going to split hairs, they usually don't feed you in escape rooms.

I'm not sure how your math is working. $6K standard cabin (the numbers that's been used as a block cost, 2 adults and 2 kids) / 45 hours is $133.33. Divide that by 4 is $33.33.
Man, the kids gotta pay up their share? Hope they have a generous allowance.

Casper Gutman

So, you’re expecting more then $1400 worth of food in 45 hours? Because that’s what you’d have to consume to make your argument begin to work.

Look, I know some folks don’t want to believe their eyes, but the mental gymnastics in this thread are incredible. Disney PR is NOT hiding the good parts of a very high priced, totally new type of experience with which guests are not particularly familiar. If they are, they’re incompetents who should be fired. Remember how, with RotR, they kept showing the two most impressive scenes (perhaps the only truly impressive scenes), the hanger and AT-AT room, in all the advance PR? Well, any sane PR rep would know this has to be sold even harder.

And Disney is not clamping down on cameras primarily to avoid spoilers. Either the rumor is false or they’re afraid of letting prospective guests get too clear an understanding of the experience. People didn’t stop going on RotR when full ride videos leaked.

The bottom line is that everything released so far looks lackluster and amateurish to a degree that should shock even the biggest Disney curmudgeon. The Bobs were convinced the brand alone could justify any price point.

corran horn

So, you’re expecting more then $1400 worth of food in 45 hours? Because that’s what you’d have to consume to make your argument begin to work.

Hah! I was using the price for two adults. Actually, to be fair to the original escape room example, we should consider the precise equivalent - a lone traveler. In which case the cruiser is $107 per hour.

Actually on the site it's 3 adults and 1 kid for $6K. Not counting the kid at all makes it $2000 a person for 45 hours which is ~$44.

RoadiJeff

Ok, so what would that escape room be for 4 people for 48 hours and a few meals at that rate?
I don't know - they've never let me stay longer than one hour in the room and they've never provided food as part of the experience.

If you want to compare the cost of the Starcruiser experience with other space travel, one person paid $28 million for a seat on Blue Origin's New Shepard that flew for 10 minutes to the edge of space. That comes out to $168 million per hour and makes the Starcruiser journey look like a pretty good bargain.

Incomudro

Look, I know some folks don’t want to believe their eyes, but the mental gymnastics in this thread are incredible. Disney PR is NOT hiding the good parts of a very high priced, totally new type of experience with which guests are not particularly familiar. If they are, they’re incompetents who should be fired. Remember how, with RotR, they kept showing the two most impressive scenes (perhaps the only truly impressive scenes), the hanger and AT-AT room, in all the advance PR? Well, any sane PR rep would know this has to be sold even harder.

And Disney is not clamping down on cameras primarily to avoid spoilers. Either the rumor is false or they’re afraid of letting prospective guests get too clear an understanding of the experience. People didn’t stop going on RotR when full ride videos leaked.

The bottom line is that everything released so far looks lackluster and amateurish to a degree that should shock even the biggest Disney curmudgeon. The Bobs were convinced the brand alone could justify any price point.
So, the hallway and the computer monitors at the bridge are the most impressive things on the Halycon?
I've said several times that what they have shown us hasn't looked promising, but there's certainly more than that.
The PR is clearly incompetent, because you can make almost anything look good if you show it right - and they failed miserably at making anything look good.

Casper Gutman

So, the hallway and the computer monitors at the bridge are the most impressive things on the Halycon?
I've said several times that what they have shown us hasn't looked promising, but there's certainly more than that.
The PR is clearly incompetent, because you can make almost anything look good if you show it right - and they failed miserably at making anything look good.
They seem to have expected the bar to blow us away. The entire point of PR is to show the most enticing aspects of the product. We have seen costumes, makeup, several locations, several headliner activities… this is what they’re offering.

TP2000

Pardon me as a West Coaster for being behind the curve here, but I just watched a few videos on YouTube of this hotel and tried to get caught up on it after it was mentioned in a Disneyland thread. And... yikes! o_O

Like everyone else here, I think everything they've shown us of this Galactic Starcruiser looks really cheap and fake. And completely not Star Wars, but like a low budget 1980's SciFi movie from Italy or Korea that's a bad knockoff of Star Wars.

Which got me thinking... They honestly can't be this stupid and miserly. I mean, we all know Chapek is a cheap and clueless bean counter, but he can't be that cheap and clueless on a $2,000 per night hotel. Forgive me if this has already been thrown out there as a theory, but is it possible this is all a giant spoof by Disney? Like they are goofing on us and purposely put out videos of the fake and cheap looking hotel sets and experiences while they secretly hide a fabulous and genuinely Star Wars hotel experience? Then when they actually open the doors to this fabulous experience, they get a ton of publicity about how they fooled and spoofed all the fans for the past few months?

Right? Maybe that's the plan? Because they can't honestly be this cheap and stupid. Can they? :oops:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom