News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

zombiebbq

Despite all the complaints, the hotel is still fully booked for the first 4 months. So for the people who are going, the trailer videos aren't enough to make them cancel. They like the luxury experience with a SW theme. It's like going to a spa where you get pampered. I've never understood spas, it looks so boring. But spas are popular because people like it.
Where's the luxury? I'm not seeing it, especially (and I mean especially) at this price point. I'm also not seeing any correlation to a spa experience.

jpinkc

Despite all the complaints, the hotel is still fully booked for the first 4 months. So for the people who are going, the trailer videos aren't enough to make them cancel. They like the luxury experience with a SW theme. It's like going to a spa where you get pampered. I've never understood spas, it looks so boring. But spas are popular because people like it.
One of the reports I saw said this was no longer true as Disney is now showing availability for almost all dates? Is that really true?

matt9112

One of the reports I saw said this was no longer true as Disney is now showing availability for almost all dates? Is that really true?

Some has definitely opened up. Still pretty booked though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211208-113424_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211208-113424_Chrome.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 106
  • Screenshot_20211208-113412_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211208-113412_Chrome.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot_20211208-113355_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211208-113355_Chrome.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 103

Parker in NYC

Not true. There is availability.

TDLFan

It should be noted, they will not be running at full capacity those first few months. I'd estimate no more than 75% of the cabin allotment is open for booking. There will be plenty of contractors, directors, etc. on hand to fine tune and see what works and what doesn't before the capacity goes 100%. I've been involved with numerous cruise, theme park, theater projects, so it's pretty much standard procedure. You can bet there will be a gaggle of managers "hanging out" with every eye on roll out for a while. It will take several months before they really have a handle on the operation. They will have previews but the real shaping and molding of the product will be the first several months if not the entire year.

Last edited:

CinematicFusion

You can look online yourself. For March thru June, there are only 3 dates not sold out.

Cringe-gate failed to tank it.
No one is hoping it tanks.

I would say majority of viewers on this board and content creators on YouTube are embarrassed by Disney’s hype video. It’s made the entire hotel look embarrassingly underwhelming.

Everyone has a view and you seem to like what has been shown so far. That’s cool.

What is it that is getting you excited for this hotel? What makes you want to pay 6000.00 for the experience?

When first announced I was excited but now it looks very underwhelming for 6000.00 for a family of 4 and just two nights.
1. lightsaber looks lame
2. Bridge looks lame
3. Bar looked cool but I’m not sold on the main event.
4. I’ve already been to galaxy’s edge and that seems like a huge focal point of the hotel experience.
5. Rooms at first glance feel claustrophobic for 6000.00.

Now all this could change.
1. Maybe Disney hasn’t revealed it’s main attractions and lightsaber, bridge, bar scene is all secondary activities.
2. Maybe guest experience new areas in Galaxy Edge only reserved for hotel stays.

we will find out after reviews start to hit from real families and fans. Not sure I can trust the influencers that will have booked first two weeks.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

No one is hoping it tanks.

I would say majority of viewers on this board and content creators on YouTube are embarrassed by Disney’s hype video. It’s made the entire hotel look embarrassingly underwhelming.

Everyone has a view and you seem to like what has been shown so far. That’s cool.

What is it that is getting you excited for this hotel? What makes you want to pay 6000.00 for the experience?

When first announced I was excited but now it looks very underwhelming for 6000.00 for a family of 4 and just two nights.
1. lightsaber looks lame
2. Bridge looks lame
3. Bar looked cool but I’m not sold on the main event.
4. Already have been to galaxy’s edge and that’s seems like a huge focal point of the experience.
5. Rooms at first glance feel claustrophobic for 6000.00.

Now all this could change.
1. Maybe Disney hasn’t revealed it’s main attractions and lightsaber, bridge, bar scene is all secondary activities.
2. Maybe guest experience new areas in Galaxy Edge only reserved for hotel stays.

we will find out after reviews start to hit from real families and fans. Not sure I can trust the influencers that will have booked first two weeks.
Rooms definitively looks like they were specifically designed to DCL ( Disney Cruise Line ). To be applied on the internal rooms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom