News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

JoeCamel

I've said since Day 1 that a Star Wars Value/Moderate resort would do 10x the business this will ever do.

It would be a liscense to print money. That is what the fans truly want.
That is just fanbois wanting it on the cheap. To produce an acceptable experience requires investment and value (even dis inflated rates) will not pay for that.
Never going to give it away, cost 4B

Piebald

I'm a big Star Wars fan and generally none of the newer post Disney stuff bothers me. I love GE and enjoyed the movies but really dont disagree with those who see them in a slightly more negative light. The tv show(s) so far have been hits I think because they kind of went back to the roots and are giving fans nostalgia and familiarity. The irony of Star Wars has always been a massive galaxy yet fans embrace the same old gang and familiarity.

GE would do great with some jawas or aliens walking around. Instead you have...Vi Morandi? I'm not even sure many kids know who she is. At least throw in Mando or boba fett. Some sand people. Whatever, just give it a little more life.

All that said, this hotel seems destined to fail. Not financially (or maybe it will) but I just dont see them bothering to fix some aspects of what exists in the park, so it seems doubtful this hotel will operate differently. This fandom isnt some deep and well written series of books. Its not some Christopher Nolan directed masterpieces that make you think of something slightly deep. It's not some graphic novel that has captured people around the world. It's kind of a cheesy hokey but safe series of films and media revolving around familiar characters. And Disney seems to not know what to do with it.

Trauma

Misogynist comments about Kennedy aren't going to do anything to dispel the stereotype of sci-fi fans being social outcasts who live in their parents' basement.

I love how Kennedy is somehow to blame for anything Star Wars, but not, the males who are the ones who actually write and direct the movies.

Plus, she of course gets no credit for things people do like.

Didn't like Rise of Skywalker? It's Kennedy's fault, not JJ Abrams. Love the Mandalorian? That's all Dave Filoni, not Kennedy.
This is nonsense.

If Kennedy was a man the attacks would be just as vicious maybe more so.

She was extremely involved with the movies so yes that is on Kennedy.

Favreau and Filoni had full creative control on Mando, so yes they get all the credit.

Since your so quick to throw around aspersions of misogyny, let’s not pretend that if Kennedy was a male that you would spend one second defending his utter incompetence.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I love how Kennedy is somehow to blame for anything Star Wars, but not, the males who are the ones who actually write and direct the movies.
Because of the team (story group) she spearheaded and put in place to do just this.. and were the architects of the new Disney Star Wars.. not the film directors.

And Jon and Dave F have been big enough to drive their own ship.

Wendy Pleakley

This is nonsense.

If Kennedy was a man the attacks would be just as vicious maybe more so.

She was extremely involved with the movies so yes that is on Kennedy.

Favreau and Filoni had full creative control on Mando, so yes they get all the credit.

Since your so quick to throw around aspersions of misogyny, let’s not pretend that if Kennedy was a male that you would spend one second defending his utter incompetence.

We are responding to comments made in this thread that a woman should not be in charge of Star Wars. These comments were 100% sexist.

Tay

Let me go see if I can find the video since they deleted it. I saw the images and thought it was the set of a Disney Channel show, you mean to tell me that this is supposed to be the luxury SW hotel? Lol! It’s been a rough month for them. Haha it’s what they deserve. They truly are out of touch.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Ummm, not remotely what I was responding to
The only thing 'cheap' in those videos was what Disney tried to pass off as Star Wars. I was arguing your point. To Star Wars fans...price don't matter as long as the content is good. Fans are not upset Disney made something that priced them out because the hardcore fans would find a way to get to the hotel if it was something WORTH experiencing. Which it is not. Disagree? Then answer me this: why did Disney take down their own video & when was the last time Disney took down their own promo video of a upcoming project/attraction? I'll wait..

JoeCamel

The only thing 'cheap' in those videos was what Disney tried to pass off as Star Wars. I was arguing your point. To Star Wars fans...price don't matter as long as the content is good. Fans are not upset Disney made something that priced them out because the hardcore fans would find a way to get to the hotel if it was something WORTH experiencing. Which it is not. Disagree? Then answer me this: why did Disney take down their own video & when was the last time Disney took down their own promo video of a upcoming project/attraction? I'll wait..
You will be waiting a long time. My response was about your wanting a value star bores hotel.

dreamfinder912

So non-sarcastic question. Is there anyplace on the internet (besides the vloggers) where there is actually excitement about this place? I know we're all a bunch of negative nellies here but I can't seem to find anyone whose really excited for this thing.

I'm in several groups for the cruiser itself, costuming, and the date of our 'cruise.' Everyone on those pages is excited and bubbling over to share ideas. From what I've seen we're all just ready to have a good time. Nobody seems to be bogged down in what an experience like this could mean for the future of Disney vacations/offerings, or even quality. General mood is we don't hope to have a good time, we just know we will. Because at the end of the day we all genuinely want to.

GimpYancIent

I'm in several groups for the cruiser itself, costuming, and the date of our 'cruise.' Everyone on those pages is excited and bubbling over to share ideas. From what I've seen we're all just ready to have a good time. Nobody seems to be bogged down in what an experience like this could mean for the future of Disney vacations/offerings, or even quality. General mood is we don't hope to have a good time, we just know we will. Because at the end of the day we all genuinely want to.
Like your attitude. I very much look forward to your post experience analysis and review.

Trauma

0803D2C0-E8D0-4A98-B27A-209EDFC01630.png

Gosh willy geez this is amazing!

How do you think Disney will handle the people demanding refunds?

Free genie plus for the day?

MurphyJoe

kingdead

Different people have different opinions about the quality of the movies. Regardless, the movies didn't have to affect the quality of the park itself. Yet somehow Disney managed to

- made a park without any of the most popular characters
- made a park without ANY characters or interaction, really (you're expecting to see aliens in the Star Wars land, right? Or talk to droids? Not gonna happen!)
- made a park without much to do for children (the lightsaber experience at the hotel is obviously an attraction for kids and maybe some adults who didn't want to go to Savi's, not something really immersive)
- made a park in which these theme park experiences that are basic to every other Disney park were gatekept within a hotel that costs $2.5k a night!

Oh, and don't forget that lots of the good experiences (Savi's, Oga's, Rise until a few months ago) involve upcharges, have to be scheduled months in advance, or are part of a reservation system that involves referencing the ATOMIC CLOCK.

People are mad because they're going through all the stress and expense of a boutique experience to get a final product that's Six Flags quality. And that's not Kennedy, that's all Bob Chapek.

LadyPink

I have a question. Does Disney OWN the rights to classic Star Wars characters for the parks? Is this like Universal? When they purchase Star Wars is it in their contract there not allowed to use Princess Leia, Han Solo, etc within the parks? Because that's the vibe I'm getting with the new land and hotels.

Incomudro

Different people have different opinions about the quality of the movies. Regardless, the movies didn't have to affect the quality of the park itself. Yet somehow Disney managed to

- made a park without any of the most popular characters
- made a park without ANY characters or interaction, really (you're expecting to see aliens in the Star Wars land, right? Or talk to droids? Not gonna happen!)
- made a park without much to do for children (the lightsaber experience at the hotel is obviously an attraction for kids and maybe some adults who didn't want to go to Savi's, not something really immersive)
- made a park in which these theme park experiences that are basic to every other Disney park were gatekept within a hotel that costs $2.5k a night!

Oh, and don't forget that lots of the good experiences (Savi's, Oga's, Rise until a few months ago) involve upcharges, have to be scheduled months in advance, or are part of a reservation system that involves referencing the ATOMIC CLOCK.

People are mad because they're going through all the stress and expense of a boutique experience to get a final product that's Six Flags quality. And that's not Kennedy, that's all Bob Chapek.

I said it maybe a year ago or more - pay some people to put Star Wars character costumes on and walk around GE like they are going about their day.
Pay a couple more as character actors to barter in the bazaar.
Put some of those droids that they built but can't let out among the crowds of kids that would inevitably climb all over them within in the penned in area that surrounds the Falcon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom