News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

pdude81

Considering capacity. I would imagine that most bloggers had to stretch the days out.
Still a far cry from some pro disneys claiming it would be full every single day for the entire 2022 year.
I don't remember seeing anything that ambitious, but there are farcical claims on both sides. However, just about any cruise has open rooms up until a week or two before boarding. I'm a bit surprised so many of these are completely full this far out from summer.

Now the important thing to remember is that you have to pay in full at 90 days out. So expect rolling availability to pop up as we get to 90 days and people have to pay the other 80% of the reservation. It could be 3 rooms or 50 and we wouldn't know the difference.

pdude81

It's disturbing that suddenly an opening suddenly appears for the maiden voyage.
I'm going to guess that the cancellations occurred mostly yesterday.
90days.PNG

Bender123

I'm going to guess that the cancellations occurred mostly yesterday.
View attachment 604484
It looks...awful...Honestly, if that commercial is the "best" marketing look into the thing, then I would cancel too.

It just looks like generic space ship. The "pop star" feels so out of place, the lightsaber training looks like it was made for three year olds and the bridge looks like garbage. I saw that they even seat you with other rooms for meals. This whole thing looks like the worst of Disney's current operational style; cheaped out on the work, disconnected from the target audience and insanely overpriced.

Incomudro

It looks...awful...Honestly, if that commercial is the "best" marketing look into the thing, then I would cancel too.

It just looks like generic space ship. The "pop star" feels so out of place, the lightsaber training looks like it was made for three year olds and the bridge looks like garbage. I saw that they even seat you with other rooms for meals. This whole thing looks like the worst of Disney's current operational style; cheaped out on the work, disconnected from the target audience and insanely overpriced.
They'd better be hiding the amazing stuff, because so far they haven't showed us any of it.
I don't want to dislike this thing, and I'm not one of those people who loves to trash something in hopes that I'll be proven right.
I defend WDW more than quite a few people on these boards.
But from what's been shown by Disney, this experience is seriously under delivering.
Even the bar, yeah - kind of nice little cutout behind the bartender, but is that it?
Maybe if the camera panned around the room, we'd see that it's in a really cool setting.
But I'm getting the impression that it isn't.
I watched YouTube video, where someone pointed out the the ceiling in the hallways isn't clad in plastic like the walls.
That's pretty bad, because it doesn't look like the ceiling of a spacecraft.
It looks like the ceiling of a building that has plastic cladding on its walls.

Last edited:

Wendy Pleakley

I wouldn't read much into people cancelling. I'm sure some people booked the inaugural cruise just to have the option, and then decided against it for any number of reasons.

I would personally be hesitant to book at this point in time. It feels like preordering a video game and hoping for the best. It's a lot of money for something that may or may not live up to expectations.

LovePop

I wouldn't read much into people cancelling. I'm sure some people booked the inaugural cruise just to have the option, and then decided against it for any number of reasons.

I would personally be hesitant to book at this point in time. It feels like preordering a video game and hoping for the best. It's a lot of money for something that may or may not live up to expectations.
Cancelling normally doesn't mean much, but for the maiden voyage, nobody's ever cancelled before. It's the hottest thing, and you basically have to be some Disney big shot (D33, Golden Oak, big name vlogger) to be able to get it. I'm really surprised anybody would give it up no matter what.

pdude81

Cancelling normally doesn't mean much, but for the maiden voyage, nobody's ever cancelled before. It's the hottest thing, and you basically have to be some Disney big shot (D33, Golden Oak, big name vlogger) to be able to get it. I'm really surprised anybody would give it up no matter what.
Disney calls you for the final payment and you can either spend $4000 more dollars on something everybody is telling you will suck, or they give you 2 grand back just before Christmas. Even if 99% of rooms stay booked you still get those dates showing availability.

And we don't know the individual circumstances of each group.

I totally get it and expect it to roll through the calendar. And this is coming from someone who still believes it's going to be a great experience and has no intention of cancelling.

Cesar R M

Disney calls you for the final payment and you can either spend $4000 more dollars on something everybody is telling you will suck, or they give you 2 grand back just before Christmas. Even if 99% of rooms stay booked you still get those dates showing availability.

And we don't know the individual circumstances of each group.

I totally get it and expect it to roll through the calendar. And this is coming from someone who still believes it's going to be a great experience and has no intention of cancelling.
Plus there are always the "big fan who didn't think it well" kind of person. Who went right to book something way outside their range based on hype... and then found its way too much. Thus... cancelled.

Seen this so many times with conventioners.. some cynically thinking that all their friends will help pay the room and booking 3+ rooms for their group.

OceanBlue

They'd better be hiding the amazing stuff, because so far they haven't showed us any of it.
I don't want to dislike this thing, and I'm not one of those people who loves to trash something in hopes that I'll be proven right.
I defend WDW more than quite a few people on these boards.
But from what's been shown by Disney, this experience is seriously under delivering.
Even the bar, yeah - kind of nice little cutout behind the bartender, but is that it?
Maybe if the camera panned around the room, we'd see that it's in a rally cool setting.
But I'm getting the impression that it isn't.
I watched YouTube video, where someone pointed out the the ceiling in the hallways isn't clad in plastic like the walls.
That's pretty bad, because it doesn't look like the ceiling of a spacecraft.
It looks like the ceiling of a building that has plastic cladding on its walls.
Agree more than anything so far, the sheetrock, right-angle ceiling in the hallway has me wondering what’s going on and how that could ever be approved.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The maiden voyage is full again.

We don't know if just one or a dozen people canceled. Just one cancellation (or, moving their trip to another time) would make that day show 'open.'

On a regular basis, months that were fully book would occasionally have an opening. Then it gets filled again.

I wouldn't read anything into this except for the fact that full payments for the beginning of March are now due and reservation squatters have to pull the trigger or back out.

flynnibus

Premium Member
And you know this how?

Come on people - talk about trying to manufacture something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom