News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
clearly.. a TURBO button.
1638327784636.gif

JMcMahonEsq

I get that it isn't the hallway, but I took the picture to mean that the hallway of the hotel would be similarly decorated like any space ship I've seen, say in the Falcon or Death Star, not just a plain white ceiling with nearly nothing on the walls. All in all, I have to say that for $3K per night, I was imagining more than what they are showing here.
If we are trying to stay with the immersive theme, why would a cruise (space) ship have similar interior to a battle station, a cargo hauler, or the interiors of the other ships we have seen in the Star Wars universe, which have primarily been military ships? The inner hallways of a cruise ship on guest room levels basically mirror hotel hallways. So, if we are really shooting for realism of experience, I would think the cabin hallways here should basically resemble hotel hallways.

JoeCamel

If we are trying to stay with the immersive theme, why would a cruise (space) ship have similar interior to a battle station, a cargo hauler, or the interiors of the other ships we have seen in the Star Wars universe, which have primarily been military ships? The inner hallways of a cruise ship on guest room levels basically mirror hotel hallways. So, if we are really shooting for realism of experience, I would think the cabin hallways here should basically resemble hotel hallways.
The kids won't overthink it like that....

Incomudro

Well, we could argue that even though it's a luxury cruise - there are known dangers out there - and it needs the ability to defend itself.

corran horn

I'm sure there will be a book, comic, or both to explain.

Casper Gutman

You know, they could have solved a lot of problems of narrative and of luxury/grunge with a story like, “Maidup Naimo, flashy but slightly shady cruise impresario brought to the edge of financial ruin by the resurgence in galactic hostilities, has purchased a recently decommissioned Corellian Cruiser and hastily retrofitted it as a luxury liner, staffed by various eccentrics.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom