News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

dothebrdwalk

Have they said anything about a COVID policy? Besides wearing masks, I'd expect a testing requirement like before getting on a cruise ship. I know they can't police vaccines since FL....

TikibirdLand

Have they said anything about a COVID policy? Besides wearing masks, I'd expect a testing requirement like before getting on a cruise ship. I know they can't police vaccines since FL....
Well, they should! This is a cruise, afterall. It's only in FLA when it's docked. Otherwise, it's in a galaxy far, far away...

Then again, it was a long time ago... So, was COVID even a thing back then?

corran horn

An interstellar space ship has a giant console with four buttons and a joystick.

Sure, if you only look at that picture.

It's also not stunningly different than various cockpits of 'nicer than the Falcon' ships seen in the films.

Attachments

• 2021-11-28 20_53_29-Window.jpg
    2021-11-28 20_53_29-Window.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 181
  • 2021-11-28 20_52_49-Window.jpg
    2021-11-28 20_52_49-Window.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 156
  • 2021-11-28 20_51_44-Window.jpg
    2021-11-28 20_51_44-Window.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 197

Epcot82Guy

Ummm the guests will literally enter driving through the studios cast parking lot, going right past the un themed backside of Batuu, backside of rock work and will drive fully around the show building for the starcruiser before arriving in the front where the show building will be concealed from one very specific angle...total lack of master planning here.

That's disappointing news if indeed true and show stays the same.

sedati

OK, they got me. I thought it was some kind of parody; I kept waiting for the punchline. Then, I realized it was real. I think I'd rather have Sonny Eclipse. Don't use the name, "Ann Morrow" if you're not doing a parody, 'k Disney?
Now I don't know what's parody. The Twilek singer is named Gaya. The actual real human imagineer is Ann Morrow Johnson (which, yeah, funny coincidence)

sedati

That's disappointing news if indeed true and show stays the same.
The parking lot purists baffle me. There's no immersion in a parking lot and the original MGM studios was seriously the worst offender for backstage views. Certainly there's a line where immersion must be complete, and for me it's always been at the turnstile.
I mean, unless you're driving up in one of these, your car is already out of place:
1638158223815.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Ummm the guests will literally enter driving through the studios cast parking lot, going right past the un themed backside of Batuu, backside of rock work and will drive fully around the show building for the starcruiser before arriving in the front where the show building will be concealed from one very specific angle...total lack of master planning here.
Have you never driven up to a cruise liner port?

They're usually located in an industrial zone. You pass lots of big box warehouses and plains of parking lots and trucks.

Then when you get to the entrance of the ship, they pretty that entranceway up. But.. look over your shoulder and behold the industrial landscape.

So... an unthemed parking lot is totally thematic!!

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
The issue there is you see the massive cruise ship you are about to board. If they put a huge space shuttle on top of the building, that could work. Otherwise, the illusion is broken.
Um... you see a space port that contains a planetside shuttle that will take you up into orbit on the space cruiser.

A more terrestrial example would be that this is a bus depot that will take you to your cruise ship.

Cesar R M

Have you never driven up to a cruise liner port?

They're usually located in an industrial zone. You pass lots of big box warehouses and plains of parking lots and trucks.

Then when you get to the entrance of the ship, they pretty that entranceway up. But.. look over your shoulder and behold the industrial landscape.

So... an unthemed parking lot is totally thematic!!
err, I have been to Miami's, Fort Lauderdale's and Vancouver's. And sure as hell they do not look like industrial landscapes.
They do have some industrial nearby but not in the terminals I've been. o_O
San Diego's ( Wonder's current port ) doesn't look like industrial based on photos I've seen. Reminds me of Ketchikan's port.. simple but not an industrial landscape.
San Juan's, Phillipsburg, neither.
Does Galveston's look that bad? or Seattle? have not been to these.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
err, I have been to Miami's, Fort Lauderdale's and Vancouver's. And sure as hell they do not look like industrial landscapes.
They do have some industrial nearby but not in the terminals I've been. o_O
San Diego's ( Wonder's current port ) doesn't look like industrial based on photos I've seen. Reminds me of Ketchikan's port.. simple but not an industrial landscape.
San Juan's, Phillipsburg, neither.
Does Galveston's look that bad? or Seattle? have not been to these.
Here's Fort Lauderdale, that you've been to. The red is the industrial landscape you missed...

1638164004192.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom