News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

corran horn

I mean, speaking for myself, if I pay $15,000 for a 2 night experience and my kid wants to pull a lever that other people get to pull, I’m gonna expect that he gets to pull the lever.

Attachments

• 487fc80fcba99e217e96f0fa66f6987dfee772fa4808d9d169f02d9b754048b0.jpg
    487fc80fcba99e217e96f0fa66f6987dfee772fa4808d9d169f02d9b754048b0.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 55

Wendy Pleakley

Kids can definitely get very upset when there's a situation where some are chosen for something, and some aren't.

I'm surprised they did the Jedi Training Academy the way they did for so long.

On the other hand, I've never seen a kid having a meltdown over not being the one chosen at Ollivanders.

So how do they mitigate the disappointment factor? Maybe give kids pre-assigned roles and "training". Make it so one is chosen for a specific task, and make it clear they've been chosen to fulfill an important position.

Make it so they go into the story event with specific expectations and a sense that they've been specifically selected. Make it a force thing, where a Jedi tells each person "I sense great aiming abilities in you" or "I sense a strong ability in this one to pull a lever".

Casper Gutman

Kids can definitely get very upset when there's a situation where some are chosen for something, and some aren't.

On the other hand, I've never seen a kid having a meltdown over not being the one chosen at Ollivanders.

So how do they mitigate the disappointment factor? Maybe give kids pre-assigned roles and "training". Make it so one is chosen for a specific task, and make it clear they've been chosen to fulfill an important position.

Make it so they go into the story event with specific expectations and a sense that they've been specifically selected. Make it a force thing, where a Jedi tells each person "I sense great aiming abilities in you" or "I sense a strong ability in this one to pull a lever".
Sum it up this way - I pity the CMs.

fryoj

At ollivanders, you can just get back in line. You can do that here, but it'll be a little pricey.

Really though, do we know they are going to let anyone pull the lever?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is pulling one lever the be all and end all of this experience?

Sounds like too much speculation and putting too much importance on one element of something we still know relatively little about.

Indeed. The hyperdrive lever is the new pool. And the pool was the new ramp.

And I'm not saying that in a fun way, but a deeply disgusted way. 🙄🙄

Peeps are taking turns finding hills to die on. And it redounds to their lack of sincerity or competency.

Casper Gutman

Indeed. The hyperdrive lever is the new pool. And the pool was the new ramp.

And I'm not saying that in a fun way, but a deeply disgusted way. 🙄🙄

Peeps are taking turns finding hills to die on. And it redounds to their lack of sincerity or competency.
You know its not about the lever. As I said above, "It’s about how hard it’s going to be for Disney to tell a meaningful story with satisfying audience engagement under the conditions they’ve imposed upon themselves."

Sorry to disappoint you so deeply. But you're the guy who downplayed and hand-waved a literal ongoing genocide in order to defend Disney. Maybe you should keep it light and not question posters' sincerity or competency. Or decency.

Cesar R M

Is pulling one lever the be all and end all of this experience?

Sounds like too much speculation and putting too much importance on one element of something we still know relatively little about.
Remember that the narrative as seen in twitter information seems to be the following:
AFTER the "game" of helping the resistance fight the first order / empire on the (asteroids game).
The Halcyon has to "escape". Thus someone has to press the hyperspace lever.
To resume.. I imagined this magical "lever" will be the sequence finisher for the visit to the halcyon's bridge.
So def sounds important for the whole "charade".

TikibirdLand

We already pretty much knew this. Although the video screens as windows is perhaps new confirmation of the details.
Hope they're electric buses. At least they'd be quieter and less of a distraction on that immersion. I always thought the distance was too far between the hotel and where they'd enter GE. Uni is better in that the distance is short enough that they were able to do it on a rail and not other transport.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom