News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

flynnibus

Premium Member
Wow.

That video looked like something you'd pay $10 to do as as an add-on somewhere. The whole bridge looks plastic and the window looks like a TV screen instead of a window out into space on a moving ship.

I honestly can't believe how unimpressive that was. I was expecting it to look great, just overpriced. Obviously that's not the whole experience, but why in the world would they choose that for a promotional video?

On the other hand, it makes Galaxy's Edge look really great in comparison!
what video are we referring to?

MrPromey

It shouldn't be surprising that they just used MF tech... but I was really thinking it'd be more like Star Tours or at least put a little more effort into it. But this honestly feels like they just used their cruise ship 'playroom' designs for a landlocked cruise experience. But minus the pool deck, multiple restaurants, theaters and fireworks...

Also - that entry sign completely breaks the fiction as well - It should say "Galactic Starcruiser PORT" or maybe 'shuttle station'.

Actually.. they should just call it The Halcyon
If these are the previews of what people have been most anticipating, perhaps they should call it "future reclaimed office space".

Unless they're hiding the good stuff (whatever that could be), they're seriously going to need cast with Meryl Streep acting and Wayne Brady improvisation to carry this thing.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

"crap, bad reviews keeps piling up.. quick.. invent a distraction like a badly done fanfic turned backstory of the halcyon!"

Also, apparently, per Tim tracker's.. if you pull the "hyperspeed" thing. All windows on the whole hotel will show the hyperspeed effect.
I hope this thing has a cooldown. Can you imagine the bombardment of lightspeed in and out while you're trying to sleep? XD

durangojim

"crap, bad reviews keeps piling up.. quick.. invent a distraction like a badly done fanfic turned backstory of the halcyon!"

Also, apparently, per Tim tracker's.. if you pull the "hyperspeed" thing. All windows on the whole hotel will show the hyperspeed effect.
I hope this thing has a cooldown. Can you imagine the bombardment of lightspeed in and out while you're trying to sleep? XD
Lol. That novelty won’t wear off anytime soon. Maybe they’ll celebrate life day every hour on the hour. Can’t wait to see what the Simpsons come up with regarding this (if they’re even allowed to).
6941F390-9A6F-4C81-8955-5A97B79FD164.jpeg

Animaniac93-98

My wife and I are cracking up at this video of D’amaro. Was that supposed to make us drop $10K for the “experience”? This looked so pitiful. It looks like something that should be on one of the Disney Cruise ships, where it would be completely fine, but here. Holy crap it looks so underwhelming. I wonder how many people that made reservations are having second thoughts?

I suspect anyone willing to book ASAP for the first month or so will not be deterred by this. They're hyped to be going and for the bragging rights of being "first".

But once the reviews come in and the newness wares off, the question will be how long can they keep up demand at these prices.

Incomudro

Now combine that laughable tech with the fact this takes place in Disney's Star Wars universe, so we get 6 actors cosplaying a galactic cruise ship staff of whom the guests will have no emotional connection, and Rey who saves the day. No thanks. I'll spend a week, club level at Boardwalk.
I swear, the wrong people are in charge of this stuff.
From design to implementation.
Very bland, unexciting and unimaginative people netting very bland, unexciting and unimaginative results.
It seems as though the people behind this stuff are really not fans, and really don't get it.

UNCgolf

All the negative posts from people that aren't planning on going and trying it out firsthand. Makes sense (note sarcasm)

This seems remarkably defensive for no reason.

It's a terrible video showcasing nothing remotely impressive. That doesn't mean the whole experience will be bad; there could be some incredible things they're keeping secret.

That's kind of the point, though. If Disney is trying to get more people on board, you'd think they'd want to show something that would actually attract guests, not something that makes it look bad.

They would have been better off showing nothing at all than showing this; I don't understand what they were thinking unless they actually thought this seemed impressive for some reason.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom