News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

MurphyJoe

Problem isn't just the cost, it's that it's a high cost for an unknown concept. If I pay $500 for Hamilton tickets, I know what I'm getting in return.

I was curious about how much it would cost me to see Hamilton in NYC since that doesn't feel like a fair comparison considering Hamilton's audience isn't staying at the theater. Compared to what Galactic Starcruiser would cost me flying solo, I could grab a ticket to Hamilton, stay for a week at the InterContinental New York Times Square, and still have about $300 per day for expenses.

JoeCamel

I was curious about how much it would cost me to see Hamilton in NYC since that doesn't feel like a fair comparison considering Hamilton's audience isn't staying at the theater. Compared to what Galactic Starcruiser would cost me flying solo, I could grab a ticket to Hamilton, stay for a week at the InterContinental New York Times Square, and still have about $300 per day for expenses.
Leave you enough to tip the furries and naked cowboy in Times Square. Sounds like fun!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You can't get on stage with the actors of Hamilton and riff with them for about eight hours, either.

Patcheslee

For an additional $850 or so you can get the Meet & Greet with dinner....

GimpYancIent

5k is 3 months of bills for us. It's also our normal budget for non-Disney vacations for a week+. When it comes to how many days this is, it really will come down to reviews and if I want to shorten a vacation that much. We're also limited to summer only so for 3 of us probably more like 7k.
The disheartening thing about but cold business fact about all of this is Disney does not care. A pricing model has been established for this 2 day experience that anyone can participate in if the guests can come up with the money. I repeat Disney does not care if the guests are whales with bottomless pockets or folks that have to scrimp, save and / or borrow to do it. If the guests can come up with the money the guests can participate. What is yet to be seen is if the product / experience is worth the price? That first experience has not happened yet.

bubbles1812

Problem isn't just the cost, it's that it's a high cost for an unknown concept. If I pay $500 for Hamilton tickets, I know what I'm getting in return.
Eh. Overall, I’ve loved my Disney vacations enough to feel ok about taking a chance with it. If reviews fall flat, then I might reconsider, but for that price… I feel Disney is definitely gonna be trying here. This is something they want people to continue to try for years to come and to do that, they have to invest in its success from the get go.

I concur. Granted 500 or 600 here and there for things you love is a far cry from 5k. 5k is enough that i feel most people probably dont have it laying around at least not in liquid. 5 or 600 is something most in the western world can swing with a pay check or two.
This is probably quite true and as I said earlier in the thread, I am very very grateful/thankful I have an income that allows me to do this. Signing up for this is also motivated by love for my daddy. He’s the best. So I’d have likely swung this at some point no matter what.

With my Hamilton example, I was mainly trying to make a point that everyone has that *thing* they are willing to pay up for, whether a Broadway show or a Disney Vacation, ect. while still working within their own financial constraints, of course.

I’ll also note that I’ve never really done Disney “cost effectively.” If I did that, I wouldn’t stay at the resorts, wouldn’t pay for a magic band, wouldn’t have paid for LL or G+ last week when we were there, ect. My Disney budget is always a little looser than some of my other vacations, simply because I want that Disney immersion.

The Halycon wasn’t therefore outside of that loose budget, with the caveat that this will shorten our typical time there by 2-3 days out of acknowledgement of the cost of ‘excursion’. But it’s trip #13, so losing an extra day in a park or two was fine with us this trip to try this new experience 🤔

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
March, April, May, and half of June fully booked (presumably, if the website isn't bugged):

1636527644025.png

LovePop

It seems to me that everybody should not be in such a bad hurry to get in the first 3 months, especially if you consider the 90 day refund window. Booking after May seems to be the more prudent approach against being bored. However, people are definitely trusting Disney that this would be as much fun as Disney promised. It just seems to me that not everybody is going to find it fun to play Saabok cards, build model ships, listen to the captain's reception, learn about ship mechanics and bridge operations, race droids, and other such indoor, kid's camp activities. How is this more fun than go on Terror Tower? Never mind the money, the whole concept just bores me to death, and I'm a Star Wars + Star Trek + Scifi fan. The couple of things, such as the launch pad and the lightsaber demonstration, sounds interesting, but they only last a few minutes.

So I got to thinking, there's actually a very simple way of dealing with this. Include DHS on both days of the voyage so that the guests can take a "shuttle" to Batuu and back any time they want, rather than it being only for the first half of the second day. So if the guest like to build model ships, that's great, but if they'd rather get on Terror Tower, they can, with Genie+ and LL included for the 2 days. The hotel is right next to DHS, so driving people back and forth isn't difficult or expensive. They can even build into the app so that people can summon the shuttle so that it can arrive quickly, but no need to drive back and forth if nobody is there. People can come back for whatever activities or food they choose, but are free to do some or all of the planned activities, and follow the "story" as much as they see fit.

This way, they can take out that quick service lunch and just feed people lunch in the ship like they are supposed to. Why would anybody want to eat quick service during a cruise? That's disgusting that Disney even offers it.

I know what's not boring: have guests fight each other with light sabers, like a real fighting tournament where people can get hurt (not seriously) and somebody can emerge a winner. That would actually be interesting to watch or participate. Or have a swing station where a person can swing across a big chasm like Luke and Leia. Or a sliding tube that's similar to the one Luke fell through. Or detention cell 2187 where you can rescue a family member from and you all fall into a garbage room that proceeds to get narrower. Other less adventurous guests can watch you on a TV screen. How fun is that?

JoeCamel

It seems to me that everybody should not be in such a bad hurry to get in the first 3 months, especially if you consider the 90 day refund window. Booking after May seems to be the more prudent approach against being bored. However, people are definitely trusting Disney that this would be as much fun as Disney promised. It just seems to me that not everybody is going to find it fun to play Saabok cards, build model ships, listen to the captain's reception, learn about ship mechanics and bridge operations, race droids, and other such indoor, kid's camp activities. How is this more fun than go on Terror Tower? Never mind the money, the whole concept just bores me to death, and I'm a Star Wars + Star Trek + Scifi fan. The couple of things, such as the launch pad and the lightsaber demonstration, sounds interesting, but they only last a few minutes.

So I got to thinking, there's actually a very simple way of dealing with this. Include DHS on both days of the voyage so that the guests can take a "shuttle" to Batuu and back any time they want, rather than it being only for the first half of the second day. So if the guest like to build model ships, that's great, but if they'd rather get on Terror Tower, they can, with Genie+ and LL included for the 2 days. The hotel is right next to DHS, so driving people back and forth isn't difficult or expensive. They can even build into the app so that people can summon the shuttle so that it can arrive quickly, but no need to drive back and forth if nobody is there. People can come back for whatever activities or food they choose, but are free to do some or all of the planned activities, and follow the "story" as much as they see fit.

This way, they can take out that quick service lunch and just feed people lunch in the ship like they are supposed to. Why would anybody want to eat quick service during a cruise? That's disgusting that Disney even offers it.

I know what's not boring: have guests fight each other with light sabers, like a real fighting tournament where people can get hurt (not seriously) and somebody can emerge a winner. That would actually be interesting to watch or participate. Or have a swing station where a person can swing across a big chasm like Luke and Leia. Or a sliding tube that's similar to the one Luke fell through. Or detention cell 2187 where you can rescue a family member from and you all fall into a garbage room that proceeds to get narrower. Other less adventurous guests can watch you on a TV screen. How fun is that?
So they just get a little hurt?

nickys

Premium Member

What exactly is “disgusting” about QS during a cruise? Are people only permitted to eat a three course meal, what if they don’t want to?

And how hurt is OK? A few bruises, a broken finger, black eye? Would Disney cover the medical bills, and also the cost of a ruined vacation?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The problem with this - just my prediction - is that they are going to use the crappy recent IP as base/source and they won’t commit to proper staff/overhead expenses to make it interesting…

because ultimately…this is a Bob thing where they promised the label is “enough” for the price.

but it will get rave reviews from some…not wanting to believe a $5000 Star Wars hotel built by the savior company won’t be great…

but the itinerary looks to he rather minor cosplay combined with “Meh Land” in MGM

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
The problem with this - just my prediction - is that they are going to use the crappy recent IP as base/source and they won’t commit to proper staff/overhead expenses to make it interesting…

because ultimately…this is a Bob thing where they promised the label is “enough” for the price.

but it will get rave reviews from some…not wanting to believe a $5000 Star Wars hotel built by the savior company won’t be great…

but the itinerary looks to he rather minor cosplay combined with “Meh Land” in MGM

With the money pouring in from this maybe they can set aside some of it and use those funds to make Smuggler's Run a fun attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom