The Force Awakens
The Rise of Skywalker
Revenge of the Sith or The Last Jedi
The Last Jedi or Revenge of the Sith
Rogue One
Solo
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
The farce awakens was a reboot that lead to a bad trilogy...

You have to accept it. It didn’t do anything new...just a reset from cgi. Now it’s tied to the fate of the ring...like Frodo...

And now it can cross the sea into the west to be forgotten

lazyboy97o

Finally got around to seeing this and a bit glad I didn’t spend money on tickets. I don’t think there is much else they could have done to fix the story mess of not having a plan but it’s another movie that is disjointed.

It’s fan service, but I love seeing the T-65, a much cooler star fighter than the T-70. I also would have loved to see a YT-2400 in the final assault because I have a soft spot for Shadows of the Empire.

I’ve said this before, but it’s amazing that nobody has ever thought that instead of building ridiculous super weapons and hunting down Force sensitives, all of that effort would be better spent killing the engineers at Incom.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No. I don’t quite frankly care if you hate it or like it. Enjoy whatever trash pleases you. But don’t tell us what we prefer is invalid because entities that don’t matter to us nor should influence our opinions differ from our’s. That’s hive mind nonsense.

I’m telling you the the Walt Disney company...Nor the MAJORITY of the Star Wars fandom...nor the general public agrees with you. Just a couple of angry critics who are embarrassed for losing the fight on it.

So honestly...nobody really of value cares what you think on that movie.

I don’t mean that to be harsh...just a reflection of the realities in Hollywood to the power brokers right now. They control what you and I get to see.

There will be no rian johnson-esque Star Wars again...it’s a bad risk. Disney doesn’t do “bad risks”

Maybe George can buy it back and hire Johnson??

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Finally got around to seeing this and a bit glad I didn’t spend money on tickets. I don’t think there is much else they could have done to fix the story mess of not having a plan but it’s another movie that is disjointed.

It’s fan service, but I love seeing the T-65, a much cooler star fighter than the T-70. I also would have loved to see a YT-2400 in the final assault because I have a soft spot for Shadows of the Empire.

I’ve said this before, but it’s amazing that nobody has ever thought that instead of building ridiculous super weapons and hunting down Force sensitives, all of that effort would be better spent killing the engineers at Incom.

Lol...

It’s no coincidence they brought ALL the return of the Jedi side characters and ships back...

Example you say?
After that STUPID junk take on a junk yard convert B-wing by rian the lesser in 8...
Boom...b-wings in 9 all over the place

But even that couldn’t put lipstick on the mess...
Even the final “amazing” battle was corny and just off...episode 7 style “impersonator” action...

How is it possible that still...the best executed space sequences in Star Wars were done when models and matte paintings in empire and Jedi?

Mike S

The farce awakens was a reboot that lead to a bad trilogy...

You have to accept it. It didn’t do anything new...just a reset from cgi. Now it’s tied to the fate of the ring...like Frodo...

And now it can cross the sea into the west to be forgotten
I know. It’s just still an enjoyable movie. 9 loses many more points for being a subpar final conclusion that does nothing to really differentiate or justify itself compared to RotJ. Bringing back Palpatine was a huge misfire imo no matter how much I love Ian McDiarmid. Anyway it felt like he wasn’t even fully into it.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Lol...

It’s no coincidence they brought ALL the return of the Jedi side characters and ships back...

Example you say?
After that STUPID junk take on a junk yard convert B-wing by rian the lesser in 8...
Boom...b-wings in 9 all over the place

But even that couldn’t put lipstick on the mess...
Even the final “amazing” battle was corny and just off...episode 7 style “impersonator” action...

How is it possible that still...the best executed space sequences in Star Wars were done when models and matte paintings in empire and Jedi?

Let's just cram everything in one shot.........In 8,7,6,5,4,3........Ok that's a wrap. Queue the Space Horses....

flynnibus

Premium Member
This was more of a necessity than Poe’s ex that’s only on screen for like a minute and a half. Is it just me or did Disney go even further than Lucas with making useless new characters simply for merchandising? Phasma, Zorii, Sith Troopers, etc.

bleh... the world isn't filled with just the lead actors and extras... its fine to have different levels of significance. She serves a purpose... Poe had history on this planet and needs connections... it would be even dumber to have Poe just stroll in and no one interact with him and he still gets the mission done.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
This was more of a necessity than Poe’s ex that’s only on screen for like a minute and a half.

You never know. There may be a market for this story to develop in a series. Whether a Poe series or an element of another's. I like the fact that there are some avenues to possibly take things. I think a Poe series could be interesting.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This is why the defenders of 8 need to give it up...not only did audiences hate it - Disney did.

I've shown this to you before. So, you know what you just said is a lie...

1578186051560.png

65% is not the "hate" range (it's actually at 70 on IMDB, but the bombing of the score on RT brings the average down). And it was loved by critics. Stop lying when you claim everyone hated it.

jt04

Is that what they are called? "The Defenders of VIII".....we just may have some WB material now. Somehow, I just don't think JJ will be calling Rian to do the sequel to his new Superman movie. Just a hunch. 'Cause Rian just might kill off Superman.

Rian would eliminate Lois Lane and have Superman live out his days on the far side of the moon.

He must be a hoot at parties.

jt04

View attachment 439128

65% is not the "hate" range (it's actually at 70 on IMDB, but the bombing of the score on RT brings the average down). And it was loved by critics. Stop lying when you claim everyone hated it.

Wow. I assumed they spent 400 million on TRoS. Definitely got their monies worth on screen. That is amazing!

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member

View attachment 439128

So from an ROI perspective TLJ performed the worst out of all Saga movies? That's telling. RoS may out do it in the end. Let's leave R1 and Solo out of it for now and concentrate on the 3 trilogies. The DT dropped from a 125% ROI down to 40% and now down to 3%? Somebody is not happy.

You got a net profit reading on these? I know TFA was around $800 mil, TLJ was about $400 Mil. We'll see how RoS shakes out.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

View attachment 439128

You’re back to using IMDB scores as definitive proof again??

FOLLOW THE MONEY

This just needs to stop...the last Johnson has done every bit of damage orignally feared and then some.

I gotta ask: do you read anything more than ratings sites with arbitrary dumbers from small sample size?

Do ever watch what the real time human responses are?

And it pains me to say this...because we are the only two “insiders” on this thread and we are becoming such good friends

Tony Perkis

You’re back to using IMDB scores as definitive proof again??

FOLLOW THE MONEY

This just needs to stop...the last Johnson has done every bit of damage orignally feared and then some.

I gotta ask: do you read anything more than ratings sites with arbitrary dumbers from small sample size?

Do ever watch what the real time human responses are?

And it pains me to say this...because we are the only two “insiders” on this thread and we are becoming such good friends
*Claims to be an insider.*

*Doesn‘t know the history of Rogue One.*

Pick one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom