Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Reactions: SPOILERS

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Ah, you're right. Luke holding a lightsaber is stupid. But Yoda being one with the force definitely makes sense he could conjure a lightning bolt to teach Luke a lesson.

ET's not in The Phantom Menace anymore? Movie's ruined. George Lucas ruined my childhood!
No Yoda being able to call down lightening is stupid. If he could do that then he could have taken out Vader and Palpatine himself in RETURN OF THE JEDI without Luke.
and yes the ET's are gone. They were only able to bee seen in the in the theatres during the original release and when it first hit VHS. It did not hit DVD until almost a year after the VHS release and when it did the ET's in the senate were gone never to be seen again on any other future release.

TROR

No Yoda being able to call down lightening is stupid. If he could do that then he could have taken out Vader and Palpatine himself in RETURN OF THE JEDI without Luke.
and yes the ET's are gone. They were only able to bee seen in the in the theatres during the original release and when it first hit VHS. It did not hit DVD until almost a year after the VHS release and when it did the ET's in the senate were gone never to be seen again on any other future release.
Obi Wan said he could not interfere, so that means Yoda also couldn't interfere. That can just as easily mean that force ghosts can't take lives, not that they can't interact.

Also here's ET in what is clearly better than VHS quality. I've found nothing about him being removed. ET's canon.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Mark Hamill's a moron who's self obsessed and just wants to see himself glorified.
NO. MARK IS LUKE. He knows the character better than anyone for the past 42 years. The fact Hamill was sooo outspoken about it to the press and to Johnson himself says a lot. On the LAST JEDI making of doc on the blu ray after filming one scene Mark Hamill is deeply depressed and Johnson goes over to him to try to talk him down. Luke never would have turned away from his friends for life. He never would have gone to an island to die alone. He never would try to kill Kylo on the chance he may go dark. and even if he did go dark Luke would never give up on him. The second he felt Han die Luke would have left the island to help. It should have been Luke the saber flew to at the end of Force Awakens instead of Rey. that was the best moment for him to come back. That was not Luke Skywalker in LAST JEDI, that was Ruin Johnson's horrible take on the character and there was nothing Hamill could do but protest because at that point the contract was signed and he was locked in for 3 movies before the script for LAST JEDI was even written.

TROR

NO. MARK IS LUKE. He knows the character better than anyone for the past 42 years. The fact Hamill was sooo outspoken about it to the press and to Johnson himself says a lot. On the LAST JEDI making of doc on the blu ray after filming one scene Mark Hamill is deeply depressed and Johnson goes over to him to try to talk him down. Luke never would have turned away from his friends for life. He never would have gone to an island to die alone. He never would try to kill Kylo on the chance he may go dark. and even if he did go dark Luke would never give up on him. The second he felt Han die Luke would have left the island to help. It should have been Luke the saber flew to at the end of Force Awakens instead of Rey. that was the best moment for him to come back. That was not Luke Skywalker in LAST JEDI, that was Ruin Johnson's horrible take on the character and there was nothing Hamill could do but protest because at that point the contract was signed and he was locked in for 3 movies before the script for LAST JEDI was even written.
Luke, ashamed, cut himself off from the force. He had no idea what was going on outside of his little rock.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Obi Wan said he could not interfere, so that means Yoda also couldn't interfere. That can just as easily mean that force ghosts can't take lives, not that they can't interact.

Also here's ET in what is clearly better than VHS quality. I've found nothing about him being removed. ET's canon.

The reason implied by him saying that was in cannon before LAST JEDI came along was force ghosts can only be guides they can not effect the physical world or actually help in a fight. if you own phantom menace on blu ray go watch the senate scene, he is not there anymore. nor on the dvd. the scene was only in theatres and vhs. someone may have uploaded it in a high resolution but thats it.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Luke, ashamed, cut himself off from the force. He had no idea what was going on outside of his little rock.
THAT'S NOT HOW THE FORCE WORKS!!! ITS NOT A LIGHT SWTICH!!! YOU CANT TURN IT OFF WILLINGLY LIKE DATA'S EMOTION CHIP IN STAR TREK!!!!! LUKE'S FRIENDS AND FAMILY ARE EVERYTHING TO HIM! HE WOULD NEVER LEAVE THEM FOR GOOD OR TURN HIS BACK ON THEM EVEN IF HE WANTED TO!!!

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I'm done. Star Wars has always been bad. Just watch the movies and have fun. Stop getting so invested in children's material. Alec Guinness was right.
Yeah because learning about taxes on trade routes and inter galaxtic space politics that go into great detail and have a whole senate debate are "kids material"

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm done. Star Wars has always been bad. Just watch the movies and have fun. Stop getting so invested in children's material. Alec Guinness was right.

You’re 21...pipe down, my boy...

So what is “good”...can’t wait for this...

And if you trash it - Bob will never build you’re Xwing coaster

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Here...I’ll help you out.

“JJ likes money and was a producer.

Now I’ll give you a certificate and we can move up to 1st grade”
Post the context, Shakespeare...

An article where JJ said “I really like episode 8”

Yeah...cause he has a residual financial interest in it!

Nothing says “like” as when you RETCON an entire 2 year old movie.

Maybe he’ll be the next one to remake hulk??

Wendy Pleakley

I'm happy to let you know that he does! That's his arc in The Last Jedi! He gets over his guilt and fear to become the hero we know him to be!

Thank you. While raging against Rian Johnson, people really seem to miss that it was Abrams who had Luke living in isolation, out of the fight.

Luke going away and allowing the First Order to reign? JJ Abrams.

Luke returns to the fold and sets out to save the Resistance and inspire a galaxy? Rian Johnson.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The lack of a republic army was explained in the Battlefront II campaign I believe..of all places. It’s confirmed to be canon. Their line of thought was that the old Republic fell in part because of its army, so they decided to be more passive. Which led way for the Resistence to form apparently. Having two light side teams was so confusing in 7, then Battlefront II wasn’t released until right before 8 was released
Ridiculous...it all has to be on the screen. And if that means you needed more time or movies...I bet Disney could get a loan if needed 😳
Can we agree though that John Williams' score was brilliant. The sound, proportion, and crescendo on the main theme was epic.

Haven’t purchased it yet...first time for that too...but I think this could be the silver lining
I’m still of the opinion that the Skywalker Saga was doomed after the first 3 films became classics. No matter what: nothing would live up to what fans built up in their heads from those movies.

Then you add in so much extra canon stuff from books and shows... the prequels... now this. It’s just a muddy convoluted mess.

Disney has done pretty well with content not as closely related to Skywalker/OT (Rogue One, Mandalorian, even Solo was decent). I think things will start looking up from here.
I agree with this...there is potential for the Phoenix to rise.
After you clean house in the presidio...not negotiable
Batman was dead at one time time too, then they found the right guy to breathe new life into it. The same will happen to Star Wars.
And then they killed it again...Nolan made good, tangible movies with a coherent arc...

What a novel idea 🤔
Rian Johnson.
Come on...Joel Schumacher doesn’t deserve to be called THAT.
Time will validate TLJ.

It’s a brilliant film that challenges expectations, eviscerates what you think you want, and provides a challenging film. I absolutely love it.
Nope...

You’re spitting in the wind here. The old guard Star Wars fans have never lost a fight. They won’t lose this one either. They spent the money and made Star Wars into the mega franchise it is...George fought them and lost...now Disney fought them and is gonna lose as well....

Who wants a shot at the title next? Trump? That would at least be entertaining 🤪

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Thank you. While raging against Rian Johnson, people really seem to miss that it was Abrams who had Luke living in isolation, out of the fight.

Luke going away and allowing the First Order to reign? JJ Abrams.

Luke returns to the fold and sets out to save the Resistance and inspire a galaxy? Rian Johnson.
According to Michael arndt...it’s neither of their faults...

Guess who is the Sith Lord on hero misuse? (No...not Kennedy either)

Wendy Pleakley

No one knows Luke Skywalker better than Mark Hamill and he has stated in public and to Ruin Johnson that he disagrees WITH EVERYTHING HE DID WITH LUKE and that he HATES what he did with him and Luke would never end up like that. THAT IS THE END OF THE ARUGEMENT RIGHT THERE.

Mark Hamill is not Luke. Mark Hamill is an actor who is paid to perform the words other people write for him.

However, your calm and rational comments on the movie are most welcome :rolleyes:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Lets see the final tally on Rise, it could happen sooner than that.

Sure, but here is what appears to be the problem in my opinion. The films are judged as trilogies, if they tap Rian Johnson for the next film Disney and he should commit to three films. The problem in the current trilogy is they should have had Abrams do all three then went to another. Yes I know Lucas didn't direct all three of the original trilogy but they were his stories and don't for one second think he didn't have final say of everything.

Give the ball to Johnson but let him do three movies.
I’ve never said all the movies after Empire suck though. I quite enjoy RotJ and yes, even the Prequels to a certain extent. I also enjoyed The Force Awakens. Then we went from a bad follow up to a comically mediocre conclusion. And TLJ = to Empire? If you want a modern equivalent to the overall feeling of ESB look no further than Infinity War.

Johnson is never getting his trilogy. Disney’s apparent willingness to sneakily throw him under the bus on the press tour of and in the movie of Rise of Skywalker should be proof enough of that. No matter what these people might say now when asked directly about it.
Rian johnson isn’t going anywhere near a camera with a lightsaber in front of it again...

We REALLY need a class or something if this opinion gets any legs around here. He’s costs Disney billions in revenue already.
Just turned on the TV.

Thank you TNT; Revenge of the Sith never looked so good!
It was on last night and it looks way better than I remember.
So many memorable lines in the original trilogy and the even the prequels.

Can anyone give me any memorable lines from the new trilogy? Lines that will be remembered years from now?
None. No resonance. I argued this on the dustboards in 2015 and people said I was nuts...

Is am nuts...not about this though
“It’s not Star Wars” is people who want remakes of the OT say.
Absolutely not.

Coherent stories with the feel of the Star Wars that felt good. Rogue one did a decent job at it...the visuals in farce awakens were close...reboot was silly however.
Hey you! Acting like a moron and saying stupid things is my job!

Well that’s not really worth disputing 😎

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's rich. The movie that destroyed a franchise and a theme park land has nothing to do with the writer/director? Ok then. The SW franchise has been in a downward spiral since the release of The Last Jedi. You can ignore it, try and rationalize it, but you can't change that fact. Good for you for trying though. And now you're blaming Kennedy? WOW. I blame Kennedy for hiring Johnson. 😂

BTW- I didn't get an answer on the Boba Fett movie. Is that still on?

👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻
This is where I stopped reading. You’re ridiculously naive.
It’s the truth...follow the money.
His voice was there. They cut his scenes though. Rumor has it - it was Kennedy's decision - so as to not take away from Rey. That'll come out later.

None of them had a clue...including Disney who demanded the “fix” and still couldn’t get somebody to crack the whip on the studio

Wendy Pleakley

Ok, hold up. Something else just occurred to me.

Andy Serkis had once revealed in an interview that Snoke was "hundreds of years old". Too lazy to go dig-up which interview, but Google search "Andy Serkis says Snoke is hundreds of years old" and you'll find something. Trust me, it's there.

Unless it was established in a movie or other media, this is irrelevant. Maybe the actor was given some backstory, and then the filmmakers decided to go another direction (which is their prerogative).

What they planned to do is irrelevant, the story they ultimately went with is all that matters. Snoke is not hundreds of years old.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom