Star Wars Dessert Party - Worth it?

Tomi-Rocket

Original Poster
Going to WDW later this year on a buddy trip with a friend and we want to do the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party. However, my question is...is it really worth it? They haven’t yet begun booking for it but I’d rather not spend the extra money if it’s a dud. :confused:

Thank you!!

jloucks

I crashed the party last time we went. It was pretty sweet. I don't know how much it costs, but it sure looked worth it.

I say I crashed it... more like walked thru and eyeballed all the nummies. Too much couth to crash and also eat.

reptar77

We didn't think it was worth the money. If you have never done a dessert party before it would be a fun first. Otherwise we could take it or leave it.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We did it a couple years ago and really liked it our only experience with dessert parties had been the Wishes one. We liked that the Star Wars one had sweet and savory food and the one at the MK was sweets only at the time. We also liked that the Star Wars one had alcohol. It wasn't something that I would do all the time but it was a nice treat. I am surprising my husband with the party again tomorrow night actually. So maybe my thoughts will be different.

I recently did the Frozen dessert party at Epcot and I thought that was really well done had worth the extra $$ for a special experience so I'm really hoping the Star Wars one lives up to it.

However, if you are trying to save money you can get very good spots to view for "free" (not free since you paid admission). I have found great spots walking up about 10 minutes beforehand.

I crashed the party last time we went. It was pretty sweet. I don't know how much it costs, but it sure looked worth it.

I say I crashed it... more like walked thru and eyeballed all the nummies. Too much couth to crash and also eat.

Cool! Wasn't there any security? Wow!

We've never done the dessert parties but this is one of the ones I want to do.

HoraceHorizons

From watching some videos online, I rather liked the inside portion, especially considering that they had characters walking around - I also realized that these characters walk around everywhere in the park but when combined with the fact that they give you bottomless alcoholic beverages and a stein, it DOES kinda seem like it's worth checking out, unless Im missing something. Any chance KYLO REN might show? My fiance would love it, so I am thinking of booking it for my halloween trip this year. If anyone has input on the drinks I'd be appreciative. I assume most mixed drinks at Disney will be very sweet but overall Disney is very hit or miss with the strength of their beverages. For me: If its gonna be sweet, Id like it to be strong. Im figuring a mixed drink like these elsewhere in the park would be upwards of 15$, no? Add the stein and the food... and I think it sounds like a good time.
I completely agree with the above that the location for the Fireworks viewing is obtainable with or without the party. You'd think Disney would at least throw some bar stools in there or something considering the cost.

thomas998

From watching some videos online, I rather liked the inside portion, especially considering that they had characters walking around - I also realized that these characters walk around everywhere in the park but when combined with the fact that they give you bottomless alcoholic beverages and a stein, it DOES kinda seem like it's worth checking out, unless Im missing something. Any chance KYLO REN might show? My fiance would love it, so I am thinking of booking it for my halloween trip this year. If anyone has input on the drinks I'd be appreciative. I assume most mixed drinks at Disney will be very sweet but overall Disney is very hit or miss with the strength of their beverages. For me: If its gonna be sweet, Id like it to be strong. Im figuring a mixed drink like these elsewhere in the park would be upwards of 15$, no? Add the stein and the food... and I think it sounds like a good time.
I completely agree with the above that the location for the Fireworks viewing is obtainable with or without the party. You'd think Disney would at least throw some bar stools in there or something considering the cost.
Throwing in seats would cost them a bit more. Their overly cheapness in parties is the reason we don't really consider any of them anymore. We used to do the Fantasmic at DL until they took away the chairs... did the EPCOT Illuminations parties until they cheapened the deserts from decent ice cream treats that even included frozen Mickey bars for the kids to unbranded tub of cheap ice cream that tasted like the cheap stuff from a walmart.... Sorry but we've noticed the cheapness of the parties overall is increasing while the prices just keep going up. At this point we don't even bother anymore. I wouldn't mind paying a premium price if the experience was at a high level but too often Disney has decided to go cheap while still raising the price.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom