Star Wars Cruise Count-Down!!!

DisSplash

Original Poster
Okay, as of today we are 7 days away from embarking on ship that will take us to a Galaxy far, far away!!! Can I get a "Force be With You?"

I am embarrassed to admit that I am still not packed (how can this be?!! on our first cruise 2 years ago, the bags were pretty much at the door at this point). But, random things have been thrown into 4 separate suitcases and my 9-year-old daughter has hung up her dinner outfits and costumes in my room "so I don't forget them." I did manage to pick up 'nice' shoes for my 12-year-old son to wear to dinner, and we've got items for our "medicine bag" (I try to think of every possibility) scattered on a kitchen counter just waiting to be organized. But there is still so much to do! I am only just now - finally! - getting all of our cruise papers together.

But the excitement is finally starting to mount as a result of the following article: (not sure if the link works, but you can cut and paste it into your browser)

http://www.travelpulse.com/news/cru...asts-off-with-first-star-wars-day-at-sea.html

I was looking for something to give me an idea of how the whole Star Wars day would go and what to expect, and this did the trick! I am so stoked for next Saturday!!

NelleBelle

After reading that article I am so so so REGRETTING the decision NOT to have booked one of the Star Wars cruises when we were aboard our cruise last Feb. It sounds really cool and I'm not even that big of a Star Wars fan (now the DH and 2 DS are another matter)! I know they have a day dedicated all about The Force, but are there special Star Wars offerings throughout the cruise? Or is it one day and done (beside playing the movies in the theatre)? Regardless, sounds like you'll have an amazing time! Are you guys dressing up at all?

wogwog

Okay, as of today we are 7 days away from embarking on ship that will take us to a Galaxy far, far away!!! Can I get a "Force be With You?"

I am embarrassed to admit that I am still not packed (how can this be?!! on our first cruise 2 years ago, the bags were pretty much at the door at this point). But, random things have been thrown into 4 separate suitcases and my 9-year-old daughter has hung up her dinner outfits and costumes in my room "so I don't forget them." I did manage to pick up 'nice' shoes for my 12-year-old son to wear to dinner, and we've got items for our "medicine bag" (I try to think of every possibility) scattered on a kitchen counter just waiting to be organized. But there is still so much to do! I am only just now - finally! - getting all of our cruise papers together.

But the excitement is finally starting to mount as a result of the following article: (not sure if the link works, but you can cut and paste it into your browser)

http://www.travelpulse.com/news/cru...asts-off-with-first-star-wars-day-at-sea.html

I was looking for something to give me an idea of how the whole Star Wars day would go and what to expect, and this did the trick! I am so stoked for next Saturday!!
We got off the Fantasy yesterday. The article linked is a good representation of what our party experienced. My party consisted of six total geeks and me. The others do the comic con stuff and the like. They loved it, I tolerated it. It was one day as the article said. The last picture in the article of the sign on the mirror was a take home gift. The artist was very accomodating and signed anything from the collection.

Lord Starwalker

My wife and I are cruising the Disney Fantasy with a Star Wars day at sea on 2-20-2016. We are really getting excited for this cruise now as it's like only 3 weeks away!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom