News Star Wars Celebration Heading To Anaheim In 2020

fctiger

Total no-brainer! I mean its perfect, you head to a Star Wars convention and then you can hit a true to life SWL when you are done for the day. Too bad the George Lucas museum won't open in L.A. until 2021, that would've been another big whamo to draw in the SW fans next year! But L.A./O.C. will be the epic center for most SW fans for years to come with SWL at DLR and the Lucas Museum which isn't all SW of course, but is going to have a big Star Wars exhibit part of it.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Total no-brainer! I mean its perfect, you head to a Star Wars convention and then you can hit a true to life SWL when you are done for the day. Too bad the George Lucas museum won't open in L.A. until 2021, that would've been another big whamo to draw in the SW fans next year! But L.A./O.C. will be the epic center for most SW fans for years to come with SWL at DLR and the Lucas Museum which isn't all SW of course, but is going to have a big Star Wars exhibit part of it.
And then I expect 2021 convention will be in Orlando.

Sharon&Susan

Well, maybe....

Let me just say, glad this info got released, it has been on the calendar at the Anaheim Convention Center for awhile, just under a different name. One of those things that has kept me out of the Galaxy Edge discussion... Best way to keep my mouth shut!
Was the name Blue Harvest?

Must’ve been a horror beyond imagination keeping it a secret, Darkbeer.

Darkbeer1

Was the name Blue Harvest?

Must’ve been a horror beyond imagination keeping it a secret, Darkbeer.

Over the Decades, I have known a LOT of stuff. Back when I was doing my Theme Park Reporting stuff, it was hard to not being able to write on certain things, but that was part of the deal.

This event on a Calendar, which is there because a large deposit was made to keep the dates open, is something I deal with on a regular basis. (Last time I counted, I have 17 different NDA's (Non-Disclosure Agreements), and a Top Secret Government Clearance for 40 years.

I do have to be carefully and re-read my posts to make sure I am OK in what I am saying. Sometimes I make a phone call or two (e-mails) before I post, to make sure I am not violating anything.

I remember when a Disneyland low grade PR person would try to debate with me around 2 decades ago. I would drop hints to upcoming things, and it really got to him/her that I knew things before they did... They tried to put the best spin on things, but DCA 1.0 was such a dog, placing lipstick on it just made it worse..... And I got the best responses from those who read the posts, and would tell me how much laughter I was creating in other Disneyland departments.

Let me share some behind the scenes recent stuff. For over a year, Disney was trying to figure out the opening date for Galaxy Edge, and had many different dates they kept open that would work for a media event, plus have the right people attend. Of course, the construction was a major key... So when the Disney Suits were told that RotR was having serious issues and couldn't be open by when the last working date on the Media schedule, well, the decision was made to open SW:GE without it. They came up with the split date, A minor Media event will come with the Memorial Day Weekend date, which helps promote the summer for DLR marketing, especially locally. And the late June date will have the "A" listers and major world-wide Media attend. I had advance knowledge shortly after the Suits decided to not open with RotR, but had to keep my mouth shut. That one was pretty hard, though I didn't have the exact date, just the end of May.

Old Mouseketeer

Well, if you follow the model of not opening in the same year as the attraction, then 2022 or 2023 would be ideal for Los Angeles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom