News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Darn it. The 14th was changed to a 7am opening. No way I’m pushing my two girls (age 9 and 4 who have no interest in Star Wars) to get there prior to rope drop. We have a Slinky Dog FP and were planning to rope drop Alien. We haven’t been since Toy Story land opened so we haven’t done either yet. Looks like we might not get to ride Alien this trip 😔 Wait times have just been too high.
Side note, I have the MDE app on my phone. If my husband wants to rope drop to ride RotR, I know he will have to download the app. Can I sign in with my password on his phone so he has access to the account?
You might be able to snag a later SSD Fastpass now that they changed the hours. People will drop/change their existing fastpass for an earlier one now that might open up some times for you if you check today.

disneygeek90

Darn it. The 14th was changed to a 7am opening. No way I’m pushing my two girls (age 9 and 4 who have no interest in Star Wars) to get there prior to rope drop. We have a Slinky Dog FP and were planning to rope drop Alien. We haven’t been since Toy Story land opened so we haven’t done either yet. Looks like we might not get to ride Alien this trip 😔 Wait times have just been too high.
Side note, I have the MDE app on my phone. If my husband wants to rope drop to ride RotR, I know he will have to download the app. Can I sign in with my password on his phone so he has access to the account?
If he doesn't have an account of his own that he can manage he would be able to sign in under your account and choose himself there. It auto checks the main account, so he would just need to uncheck you and only include himself.

Bowmanr2003

Omg no way haha wow good thing I asked!
I would have been waiting at the park at 7am!
why is everyone saying to be there at 730 if you only need to join a group via the app? I’m so confused 🤦🏻‍♀️😂
You have to join via the app while in the park. You cannot join a boarding group from your hotel room.

Chet Dakota

Nope, they went to a color that wasn’t theirs. It had nothing to do with miscommunication either. Heard both of them speaking English fluently before we got assigned colors. CM that was with us outside the room had us all loudly repeat our colors before entering. Before we could go near the vehicles both CMs there told us twice loudly to find our matching colors. As they were getting in the vehicle the family members were trying to tell them they were in the wrong seat which they ignored until they buckled up and then proceeded to look confused (then I think tried to pretend they didn’t understand English). Also they noticeably bolted out the exit once we were pulled in to the exit area.

I don’t know why they would purposely do such a thing but only reasons I could think of is either they didn’t want to ride in a vehicle with three young children in it or they wanted the ‘better’ vehicle (to me both sides are good but have heard a few podcasters/bloggers say one side is better than the other and they went to the vehicle who’s colors matched that).
Had nothing to do with having the front row cause they would have been in the front row if they went to their originally assigned color but ended up sitting in the back row of the vehicle they took.

I don’t know. It was weird and I’ll never understand people like that. A ride is never worth potentially starting a fight with another family over.
I have ridden it seven times over two trips. I am fairly convinced that regardless of which hall you enter, the Blue/Red car gets the probe droid head on and the elevator where you look into the red-lit cockpit of the AT-AT shooting at you head on. The Silver/Orange gets the other route where you see into the side of the AT-AT and is the first car through the heavy gun battery.

So, if you ask me, I would prefer the Blue/Red car and would most rather be Blue, which is the front seat.

Regardless, I never selected a color that I was not assigned, nor would I ever.

I tried to pick up a pattern when they first line you up as to what color you will be, but some of the CMs did not seem to follow the apparent normal pattern when you moved down.

Finally rode it, and I have to say...I think it was just a tad overhyped

I really dug ROTR, but can also understand where you're coming from with this comment. I've been monitoring this forum so closely, spoiling surprises for myself, special effects, the ride narrative etc. It was my choice and decision, but I definitely would have been more 'wowed' for going in completely blind. Which is to say, anyone who has been active on this board before riding—whether they have watched POVs and know spoilers or not—is taking at least some magic of their first ride in the process.

My lesson is—anything will be overhyped if you carve out time to pore over it, be it a trip/destination, a restaurant, whatever. The hardest part, in this age when everything is online, is looking forward to things while having the discipline to go in completely blind.

disneygeek90

I have ridden it seven times over two trips. I am fairly convinced that regardless of which hall you enter, the Blue/Red car gets the probe droid head on and the elevator where you look into the red-lit cockpit of the AT-AT shooting at you head on. The Silver/Orange gets the other route where you see into the side of the AT-AT and is the first car through the heavy gun battery.

So, if you ask me, I would prefer the Blue/Red car and would most rather be Blue, which is the front seat.

I tried to pick up a pattern when they first line you up as to what color you will be, but some of the CMs did not seem to follow the apparent normal pattern when you moved down.
I think I usually get blue/red but not the experience you're describing. 4/5 I've had the side view. Hmmm... I'll start paying attention more closely.

disneygeek90

I really dug ROTR, but can also understand where you're coming from with this comment. I've been monitoring this forum so closely, spoiling surprises for myself, special effects, the ride narrative etc. It was my choice and decision, but I definitely would have been more 'wowed' for going in completely blind. Which is to say, anyone who has been active on this board before riding—whether they have watched POVs and know spoilers or not—is taking at least some magic of their first ride in the process.

My lesson is—anything will be overhyped if you carve out time to pore over it, be it a trip/destination, a restaurant, whatever. The hardest part, in this age when everything is online, is looking forward to things while having the discipline to go in completely blind.
I knew very, very little going in. I saw a picture of the storm troopers, the AT-AT's, knew it was a long experience, and that was pretty much it. It totally made the whole experience jaw-dropping. I've told every single person I've talked to about it that the little you know, the better.

gerarar

Premium Member
We might just have a new all time low today. They only have about an hour left to call BG's, and it doesn't seem likely they will get to a 100+.
These 8pm closings are really hurting them when there are immense downtimes... You can compare it to yesterday's (red line) as to when they stopped calling new groups..
1578520247432.png

edit: they just called 5 more groups and are up to 81 at 4:55pm, so there's some hope

Attachments

• 1578520191964.png
    1578520191964.png
    154.5 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

PeoplemoverTTA

We dealt with this the week before Christmas. I had always booked all the FPS, tickets, etc, and wondered how my husband would be able to ride with my son. Have him create his own MDE login, then go to guest relations and they’ll easily merge them. He can’t use your login, because if you don’t use your Magic band to enter the park, he won’t be able to get a boarding group.

EDIT:I see he actually can use your login. But I’d still create an account for him to avoid any issues in the future. It only took about 5 minutes in guest relations for them to merge.

butterxcup

I knew very, very little going in. I saw a picture of the storm troopers, the AT-AT's, knew it was a long experience, and that was pretty much it. It totally made the whole experience jaw-dropping. I've told every single person I've talked to about it that the little you know, the better.
I feel going in as blind as possible is the best thing you can do for yourself with any new attraction. After Shanghai Disney opened, so many videos of the Pirates there were going viral and I had to force myself not to watch anything since I was 5 months out of a planned trip there. I wanted to judge it for myself with as little bias as possible, especially being such a big fan of the original.

I ended up crying at one point of the ride out of pure childlike joy and wonder. Even after riding RotR, it’s still my number 1 ride due to being so taken back by everything that happened.

The best part of forums like these and other blogs/vlogs is that they help inform the public on what’s worth doing, what’s not, how to do things, how not to do things, etc.

The worst part is some sites/people love to over share right away and humans being the curious creatures we are can’t help ourselves but to watch/read and spoil things for ourselves which can lessen the impact of the overall experience.
Double edged sword and all that jazz 🤷‍♀️

ninjaprincesst

Why would you need to be in the park at opening if you have 2 hours before needing to get to the actual ride line?
You have to be in the park with all members of your party through the gates at park opening to join a boarding group which you will do on the MDE app, once you have a boarding group you will recieve a push notification when your boarding group can begin boarding, you then have to hours from that point to get in line to ride. For Example one day we got boarding group 51 they called group 51 sround 12:30 so we had until 2:30 to get in line.

butterxcup

Actually, I got blue row once and didn’t have the ‘better’ experience. Only happened once though and don’t remember which room I entered for that to happen. Maybe rather than hallway it has to do with which interrogation room a group is put into?

rowrbazzle

I don't think you'll have trouble getting to Aliens whether you arrive at park open or not. I think waits there don't really pick up for at least 30-60 minutes (maybe longer with such an early open). Getting to Slinky first thing would probably require you to arrive before the park opens so Aliens will be much more relaxed. Or if you're at the park in the evening you can ride in the last hour to a short wait. And, of course, keep refreshing the app for fastpasses once you use Slinky.

Yes. My wife always has trouble with her account so she just logged in to my account on the app. From there she could manage any of our passes and accounts. She had no trouble with her getting a boarding pass for only herself from my account on the app.

relic827

I kept myself completely spoiler free. I didn’t even know what type of ride it was. I might’ve been more impressed if I hadn’t been evacuated from the holding cell on my first attempt...that really put a damper on things for me

Magic Feather

For left Hall, Orange/Silver is front. For Right Hall, Red/Blue is front. Instead of leaving out the "front", the vehicles in the left hall back out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom