News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

UNCgolf

SR absolutely should not be hours worth of wait soon. There’s also a single rider line which is usually quick if you’d like to hop on and experience it.

I may do the single rider line if it's not too crowded -- I don't think my GF will care about riding it, so shouldn't be an issue.

Want to add two other things: First, I'm glad the ride is doing as well as it is, because I'd like to see Disney build more like it! Hopefully they realize it's worth building big spectacular E-tickets as opposed to slashing the budget and building something far less impressive like SDMT. Definitely didn't intend to sound like I thought Disney was doing something wrong with regards to RotR (they're doing plenty wrong elsewhere...).

Second, I'll admit I'd likely be more interested if the rides/land were based on the OT. I still doubt I'd actually make the extra effort to ride RotR for the same reasons as above, but I'd probably be more inclined to do so. I was a HUGE Star Wars fan when I was younger, and although I'd already lost a lot of my interest, Force Awakens really killed what was left of it. I thought that movie was a disaster that did almost everything wrong, and essentially left Last Jedi in a straitjacket. I haven't even seen Rise of Skywalker -- I'll definitely watch it once it makes it to Disney+, but just don't care enough to go see in the theater.

UNCgolf

Kids are back in school (in Florida) on Tuesday. Hopefully the rest of the country by tomorrow. Let’s get all you out of towners BACK on a plane.

Feel free to show up again during my summer blackouts😆😆😆

This is actually why I think I may get to ride RotR without having to make the extra effort! I'm still not expecting it, but Tuesday the 14th has to be about as quiet as Disney gets year round (which I know still isn't remotely quiet, but certainly is compared to the holidays). Kids are all back in school, the marathon is over and most of those people are gone, and MLK is the next weekend so people who want to come in mid-January will be wanting to take advantage of the holiday weekend. Plus MMRR and Rat open relatively soon and I'm sure some people are postponing trips until they can see all of the new attractions.

joup7

So I finally made it home. Got to ride, took care of my errands, made it home in time for volleyball barely.

I would say RotR is amazing. Is it worth getting there early to rope drop and be one of the first ones on similar to flight of passage or seven drawfs mine train? Absolutely, if standby. I would get there an hour+ early for that. Like others here have said, it’s not a ride, it’s an experience.

But I woke up early, was the first in line, and still because my phone was slow to load I had to wait until 330 pm to ride when I was at the park at 445 am. It’s an incredibly frustrating system to me right now and I don’t intend to do a virtual queue for RotR again unless I’m with somebody who really wants to ride. I normally go alone. No ride is worth the stress level that is the virtual queue. That’s just my opinion.

MidwestStitch

What an awesome day! Tapped into the park at 6:55 (ubered from all star movies, got to park with no bags at 6:50), got on boarding group 76 at 7:00, was on by noon. Was able to rope drop rock ‘n’ roller coaster and be the second ride of the day! This ride is insanely awesome, coming from two people who have never seen the movies. We walked off processing everything that happened. Morale of the story, show up with no bags and get in right before 7 and you’ll be fine!

disneygeek90

So I finally made it home. Got to ride, took care of my errands, made it home in time for volleyball barely.

I would say RotR is amazing. Is it worth getting there early to rope drop and be one of the first ones on similar to flight of passage or seven drawfs mine train? Absolutely, if standby. I would get there an hour+ early for that. Like others here have said, it’s not a ride, it’s an experience.

But I woke up early, was the first in line, and still because my phone was slow to load I had to wait until 330 pm to ride when I was at the park at 445 am. It’s an incredibly frustrating system to me right now and I don’t intend to do a virtual queue for RotR again unless I’m with somebody who really wants to ride. I normally go alone. No ride is worth the stress level that is the virtual queue. That’s just my opinion.
I’m glad you got to ride. But your experience, right there, shows why people shouldn’t be showing up before 6am. I think that’s what they want.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I have no doubt about RotR being an amazing ride (or experience). According to the majority who have ridden, the hassle is worth it to them. I'm a Disney and Star Wars fan, I don't have to prove my level of fandomness by agreeing with the actual BG's system.

Up until a few weeks ago, I was very excited about riding RotR, but after following this thread, looking at pictures of crowds waiting at dawn, and reading stories of some not getting a BG due to technical glitches, sadly, my excitement about this ride is almost gone.

I'll wait until the conditions feel right and fair to me. Right now, they don't.

relic827

So just to double check, the best way to get a BG quickly is to stay in the app and refresh the “my status” screen at 7a? Instead of opening the app from scratch at 7a

disneygeek90

I have no doubt about RotR being an amazing ride (or experience). According to the majority who have ridden, the hassle is worth it to them. I'm a Disney and Star Wars fan, I don't have to prove my level of fandomness by agreeing with the actual BG's system.

Up until a few weeks ago, I was very excited about riding RotR, but after following this thread, looking at pictures of crowds waiting at dawn, and reading stories of some not getting a BG due to technical glitches, sadly, my excitement about this ride is almost gone.

I'll wait until the conditions feel right and fair to me. Right now, they don't.
I think the board experience has been generally positive, I wouldn’t let the lines discourage you. Like I’ve said, the whole process today from getting in line to into the park took under 20 minutes. That’s gotta be a hell of a lot better than a 3 hour standby.

I wouldn’t let a couple clunky boarding groups instill trepidation. This was a busier than average day. But if people want to be scared off, I’ll gladly keep showing up every weekend.

disneyREINA

Omg no way haha wow good thing I asked!
I would have been waiting at the park at 7am!
why is everyone saying to be there at 730 if you only need to join a group via the app? I’m so confused 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

But why get there at 4:45 when getting there at 6:45 is just as good?

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I think the board experience has been generally positive, I wouldn’t let the lines discourage you. Like I’ve said, the whole process today from getting in line to into the park took under 20 minutes. That’s gotta be a hell of a lot better than a 3 hour standby.

I wouldn’t let a couple clunky boarding groups instill trepidation. This was a busier than average day. But if people want to be scared off, I’ll gladly keep showing up every weekend.
Gotcha. And you can have my spot... for now. ;)

roj2323

This boarding group thing has got to end. As a late riser it is literally impossible to ride this attraction. Heck, most of the time I don't get to the park until 4pm and thus i'm just wasting my time even trying. I don't understand why they don't just meter out the boarding groups throughout the day. Release X number of boarding groups per hour. This is seriously frustrating as a local.

jaxonp

This boarding group thing has got to end. As a late riser it is literally impossible to ride this attraction. Heck, most of the time I don't get to the park until 4pm and thus i'm just wasting my time even trying. I don't understand why they don't just meter out the boarding groups throughout the day. Release X number of boarding groups per hour. This is seriously frustrating as a local.

you know what it takes to get a BG... if you want to ride, you’ll wake up early like the rest of us. Seems pretty simple.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom