News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

VaderTron

Just talked to someone in line at Slinky. They got BG 175 about 7:25. They won’t make it as they have to leave around 2.
Let's be honest...that person didn't have today planned well. In a park on a day you have to leave at 2? If AP then they should have known better than a 7:25 arrival time. If a day ticket tourist...what are you doing paying for a while day and leaving at 2pm???

relic827

Let's be honest...that person didn't have today planned well. In a park on a day you have to leave at 2? If AP then they should have known better than a 7:25 arrival time. If a day ticket tourist...what are you doing paying for a while day and leaving at 2pm???
Yeah I’ll be in Orlando this week for a rare non-Disney reason and I’m flying home Friday. I was originally planning on going to DHS Friday and was going to have to leave around 5 to make my flight. One day, I had an epiphany and was like “why am I going on a day where I have to leave?” So now I’m going Wednesday. Just seemed like common sense...you know, eventually.

awhit066

If its the last day of their trip and they had a multi-day ticket (say 7 days), the difference of the extra day is less than $20 isn't it? I'd say that's worth it for 6.5hr more in the parks!

disneygeek90

From what I could tell they were AP’s living in Florida. They definitely did not seem overly disappointed. I heard something about them needing to be in south Florida in the evening.

UNCgolf

I'm going to be at Disney next week and would love to ride RotR, but I've already accepted the fact that I probably won't. We've got Hollywood Studios scheduled for Tuesday the 14th, which should help, since that's probably about as low as crowds will ever be at Disney. As much as I'd like to ride it, though, I don't care enough to get up at 5 AM just to be there to have a chance to maybe get a boarding group which might let me ride it if it doesn't break down too many times. I'd rather have a pleasant trip without wasting an evening and/or being sleep deprived. It's not like this is the last time I'll ever be at Disney and thus my only chance to ever ride it.

Last edited:

disneyREINA

Has this died down at all? I heard you must be at the park by 8am to run to rise of resistance in order to get on a boarding group for the day. Is this still true?
If we arrive around 10am will we get a spot? I know it depends on time of the year, we will be there last week of March.

James J

In the Parks
No
It definitely hasn't died down much, if at all. You still need to get to the park early, as the boarding groups open up at rope drop (currently 7am) and are then filled within 2-3 minutes. I don't anticipate ot dropping enough by March that you'd be able to sign up if you didn't arrive until 10am.

There's a whole thread on it here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...rts-and-using-boarding-groups.962202/page-251

DCBaker

Premium Member
I'm going to be at Disney next week and would love to ride RotR, but I've already accepted the fact that I probably won't. We've got Hollywood Studios scheduled for Tuesday the 14th, which should help, since that's probably about as low as crowds will ever be at Disney. As much as I'd like to ride it, though, I don't care enough to get up at 5 AM just to be there to have a chance to maybe get a boarding group which might let me ride it if it doesn't break down too many times. I'd rather have a pleasant trip without wasting an evening and/or being sleep deprived. It's not like this is the last time I'll ever be at Disney and thus my only chance to ever ride it.

Right now (and it could change) DHS doesn't even open until 8am on the 14th. Why would you need to get up at 5am?

If it does open at 8, get there at 7:15-7:30 and you'll be fine to get in with the everyone else by 8 to get a BG. You really don't need to stress yourself out about it.

UNCgolf

Right now (and it could change) DHS doesn't even open until 8am on the 14th. Why would you need to get up at 5am?

If it does open at 8, get there at 7:15-7:30 and you'll be fine to get in with the everyone else by 8 to get a BG.

I don't want to get up at 6 AM either. I also don't want to stand in a massive group of people for 30-45 minutes just waiting to get inside the park to have the chance to maybe ride it. That sounds terrible and not worth it regardless of how great the ride is.

UNCgolf

You really don't need to stress yourself out about it.

Not sure how you got stress from my post? I'm about as far from stressed about it as someone could possibly be. I just probably won't ride it this time, and that's fine.

My original point was mostly surprise that so many people are willing to do that just to potentially ride this ride (since it's no guarantee unless you manage to get one of the first boarding groups). It's similar to people who will wait 3-4 hours to ride Flight of Passage (although the current RotR system isn't as long of a time commitment, the early morning aspect makes it roughly the same to me). There are too many other things I can do with my time at Disney.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom