Star Trek: Picard (Spoilers)

artvandelay

So there's a theory floating around that the Daystrom doctor who came along is a Romulan spy. Thoughts?
She might not be a Romulan spy,
So there's a theory floating around that the Daystrom doctor who came along is a Romulan spy. Thoughts?
She might be a spy, but probably not a Romulan spy. Commodore Oh is supposed to be Vulcan (but is probably a Romulan working undercover).

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
Not Picard related, but this is funny

FB_IMG_1581560155472.jpg

Wendy Pleakley

This was my least favourite episode so far. They get into space in episode 3 and then everything kind of stops in order for Romulan Legolas to be introduced. It wasn't bad by any means, I just felt that after 3 episodes to establish the show, I was ready for it to really get going, as it were.

A lot of time spent on a backstory - the Romulans aren't happy with Picard and how things went - that we ultimately already knew.

The vintage Romulan ship was cool, apparently the show has included some throwback music for the Romulans dating back to the original series as well.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This was my least favourite episode so far. They get into space in episode 3 and then everything kind of stops in order for Romulan Legolas to be introduced. It wasn't bad by any means, I just felt that after 3 episodes to establish the show, I was ready for it to really get going, as it were.

A lot of time spent on a backstory - the Romulans aren't happy with Picard and how things went - that we ultimately already knew.

The vintage Romulan ship was cool, apparently the show has included some throwback music for the Romulans dating back to the original series as well.
I agree...wasn’t the strongest.

I’m hoping they’re now done with the “merry band” routine.

Disappointing considering this is the first frakes directed episode

Cesar R M

She might not be a Romulan spy,

She might be a spy, but probably not a Romulan spy. Commodore Oh is supposed to be Vulcan (but is probably a Romulan working undercover).
or, she was brainwashed in some way to spy.
It is weird to have her magically join after meeting Commodore Oh. Not to mention she's over eager.

Cesar R M

imho, this was needed as not many check the comics.

I'm getting a battlestar galactica feels with the way Picard is going. There are a lot of cuts to show backstory and fill in the blanks.

Speaking of rumors and other things.
There is a one that is gaining traction... That Maddox and many are actually ancient AIs disguised as humans, a la Cylons.
Hell, there are others going even further by claiming that all the romulans are cylons like modified vulcans and the whole thing is a complex fight between survival, finding the truth and avoiding competition.

Cesar R M

So.. it appears that Worf will be the Captain of the Enterprise and the Enterprise E is still kicking?

I'm surprised Picard ended with the verity and not with an Odyssey class Enterprise-F

Wendy Pleakley

So.. it appears that Worf will be the Captain of the Enterprise and the Enterprise E is still kicking?

I'm surprised Picard ended with the verity and not with an Odyssey class Enterprise-F

The new tie-in novel is presumably the source:
Picard leaves the Enterprise to become an Admiral and lead the relocation efforts. Worf is Captain. The Enterprise is not involved because the Romulans would not react well to the flagship leading the charge. Picard needs a base of operations, hence the non-Enterprise ship.

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
I'm working from home, on my lunch break, watching the new episode, and someone just ripped my heart out and stomped on it. It's not even five minutes in. 😭

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom