Star Trek: Picard (Spoilers)

SoCalMort

Astute observation from a friend: The Star Fleet Museum is actually the Anaheim Convention Center across the street from Disneyland.

1580312118340.jpeg
IMG_0315.jpeg

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
Astute observation from a friend: The Star Fleet Museum is actually the Anaheim Convention Center across the street from Disneyland.

View attachment 445019View attachment 445026
I'm staying at the Hilton for a few nights...I should stop by and pretend I'm in Star Trek. Not that I don't already do that...my Alexa responds to Computer...which is not great when actually watching Star Trek, but anyway...

Wendy Pleakley

This show is really hitting it out of the ballpark.

With so many great characters (and actors) and a story that is moving at a fast pace, it's really gripping. I can't recall the last time a show ended and I felt this much anticipation over what happens next week.

They can stop with the overly cute Earl Grey references, but otherwise it's meeting my expectations and then some.

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
Why do I get the feeling the Romulans are up to more than just rescuing former Borg drones? All that technology, and we know from Voyager that the Borg technology is powerful, especially the Borg nanoprobes. In the wrong hands...

That being said, I'm loving the Romulans Picard now lives with. It's a different side to their species.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Why do I get the feeling the Romulans are up to more than just rescuing former Borg drones? All that technology, and we know from Voyager that the Borg technology is powerful, especially the Borg nanoprobes. In the wrong hands...

That being said, I'm loving the Romulans Picard now lives with. It's a different side to their species.
the romulans were always my favorite villain from the TNG era...closely followed by the cardassians.

I think blowing up Romulus but scattering survivors is a brilliant plot premise. They were completely xenophobic - which means lack a clear place/identity would heighten all their deliciously evil qualities.

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
the romulans were always my favorite villain from the TNG era...closely followed by the cardassians.

I think blowing up Romulus but scattering survivors is a brilliant plot premise. They were completely xenophobic - which means lack a clear place/identity would heighten all their deliciously evil qualities.
True. And it builds off of the 2009 Star Trek. It's nice that they didn't just forget it happened.

I do like that this show is now doing for the Romulans what DS9 did for Cardassians. Not every Cardassian was a bad guy. They had good eggs in there. Which makes sense. Humans in Star Trek are overall good, but there's bad eggs mixed in there too. It makes sense that Romulans would also have good eggs in them as well, ones who aren't xenophobic and who appreciate what others have done for them. Before, Romulans were basically the bad guys with a few exceptions here and there. Now there's clearly more exceptions.

It's still weird to have Romulans on Earth, though.

On another note, I love Picard's line about how he doesn't care for science fiction . 😂

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I was actually surprised because I did not think I'd like it, but I do. You just have to get used to the fact that it's not the 24th century 90s era treks in any way, shape, or form.
I think they will eventually do a “new, retro” series that aesthetically looks like the 90’s era at some point. There’s a market for that too.

The trek franchise has got potential again...wish I could say that for “other” franchises 😡

Figgy1

Premium Member
There’s an F-bomb - FYI...Incase that matters to you.

But the way they did it was genius. Stewart obviously knew what he was doing.
THNX but for my 16 yr old baby this is midterm week not to mention he has a killer first and a killer second semester classes that are overlapping for the week. I'm sure I've heard worse over the last couple of days;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom