Star Trek: Picard (Spoilers)

Rich Brownn

I'm honestly ed at the plot holes left in this season regarding the reveal on this episode.

A list of things:

1. The fleet has many errors, some ships do not even have naccelles!
  2. The fleet does not seem to showcase ANY of the "Zeng He" ship. So where did the "most powerful fleet" go? And it cannot be a fake fleet since Commodore Oh was starfleet intelligence, therefore she must have known the ships were real.
  3. They revealed the Odyssey class Enterprise, to which supposedly Picard captained a ship of the same class during the last stages of the Romulan evacuation saga. Also ties in with Star Trek Online.
  4. They had just fixed the Borg plot on 3rd Season.. why are we having another plot on that?
  5. The part where Picard's "illness" was a setup from the Borg, was pure genius.
  6. The reveal of the "rebuilt" of the "fat" galaxy class Enterprise-D for museum related thing purposes, was also superb.
  7. Gives huge parallels from when Kirk had a skeleton key "steal" the enterprise and using automations set up by scotty to fix the limited crew.
  8. The explanation on why the Sovereing class Enterprise was not rebuilt and there, was also on point (destroyed with a mission by then Captain Worf, also was the pathfinder for starfleet automation) also.. ironic since these were the first ships with more firepower along with the defiant to fight borg better.
  9. The borg queen is kind of obvious on my side... It must be Admiral Janeway's husk or something. Assuming this timeline really syncs with Voyager. Or this is prior to Admiral Janeway trip to the past to destroy the Borg.
It's Alice Keiges voice
Not sure what you meant fixed in season 3? If you're referring to season 2 then they are separate and not connected with the current hive.

Cesar R M

It's Alice Keiges voice
Not sure what you meant fixed in season 3? If you're referring to season 2 then they are separate and not connected with the current hive.
Yes sorry, I mean Season 2 with the different borg queens.

So, how the hell she survived? did they managed to grow her back? she was pretty demolished in the First Contact movie.

Rich Brownn

Yes sorry, I mean Season 2 with the different borg queens.

So, how the hell she survived? did they managed to grow her back? she was pretty demolished in the First Contact movie.
There's more than one copy of the Borg Queen (I think that was in a Voyager episode). But the Season 2 are a collective that was voluntarily bonded together from an alternate future timeline.

Wendy Pleakley

They obviously want to continue on from this series, but was this ending a bit of wishful thinking or a sign things are happening?

This series and episode was pure fan service. The series as is sounds like fan service (the Borg and the Changelings team up and the entire crew of the Enterprise team up on their original ship to stop them!) but it worked, and everything made sense so it didn't feel forced.

After Nemesis ended the Next Gen before their time, I'm happy we got this send off. I'm glad they made Crusher front and center as well since she was barely used in the films. Side note, the films were just released in 4K and look fantastic.

Very cool to see the Enterprise D really moving in dynamic fashion, something we didn't see on the original series.

Walter Koenig!

Nitpicky things: I kind of wanted a Trek VI / Endgame style sign off at the end, but the poker was a great choice. Again blatant fan service but it worked. I wish the changeling story followed through a bit more. It just kind of shifted to the Borg. Again. With the ship added to the museum I would have loved a fan pandering shot of the A and D together. I might have put a bit of space between the poker scene and the post-credits / teaser scene.

Figgy1

Premium Member
They obviously want to continue on from this series, but was this ending a bit of wishful thinking or a sign things are happening?

This series and episode was pure fan service. The series as is sounds like fan service (the Borg and the Changelings team up and the entire crew of the Enterprise team up on their original ship to stop them!) but it worked, and everything made sense so it didn't feel forced.

After Nemesis ended the Next Gen before their time, I'm happy we got this send off. I'm glad they made Crusher front and center as well since she was barely used in the films. Side note, the films were just released in 4K and look fantastic.

Very cool to see the Enterprise D really moving in dynamic fashion, something we didn't see on the original series.

Walter Koenig!

Nitpicky things: I kind of wanted a Trek VI / Endgame style sign off at the end, but the poker was a great choice. Again blatant fan service but it worked. I wish the changeling story followed through a bit more. It just kind of shifted to the Borg. Again. With the ship added to the museum I would have loved a fan pandering shot of the A and D together. I might have put a bit of space between the poker scene and the post-credits / teaser scene.
All the actors of the Enterprise G (wow just typing that makes me feel old) have said they're willing to sign onto a series that will continue their stories. Also several involved in production and writing are pushing for it so there's a chance it will come to fruition. There's been rumors of a Titan spinoff for a while with writers and production people being very cagy when asked about it.
Anton was nice nod.:cry:

mf1972

pretty good finale. was hoping to get a ds9 cameo at some point with the changelings involved. i thought for sure they’d kill off 1-2 of the original cast in this series. laughed at worf’s line joining picard & riker. data had the best line of them all though.

TTA94

All the actors of the Enterprise G (wow just typing that makes me feel old) have said they're willing to sign onto a series that will continue their stories. Also several involved in production and writing are pushing for it so there's a chance it will come to fruition. There's been rumors of a Titan spinoff for a while with writers and production people being very cagy when asked about it.
Anton was nice nod.:cry:

I hope the next series we finally see Janeway return. Kate did say she was onboard to return to live action and now with Seven being captain, it seems inevitable for Janeway to return!

I also hope we haven’t seen the last of the borg.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I hope the next series we finally see Janeway return. Kate did say she was onboard to return to live action and now with Seven being captain, it seems inevitable for Janeway to return!

I also hope we haven’t seen the last of the borg.
It shouldn't be that difficult seeing she's already doing Prodigy, they know where to find her;)

Disstevefan1

This season was the first season of Picard I watched. WOW! It was excellent! I didn’t watch all episodes of Next Generation, but I watched enough to know all the characters. This season was GREAT! They brought back all the main characters and in my opinion, the writing was great!

I came away thinking this season was written FOR ME! Obviously it wasn’t, but if viewers can come away thinking that, that is success!

Cesar R M

Well, it seems they blew the entire FX budget in the last 2 episodes. Which I am OK.

Seeing the old fat lady fire with all its firepower at the borg cube and data flying it better than a defiant class was glorious.

Still annoyed they had to rename the Titan to Enterprise, when they had the Odyssey class enterprise already there (which was also kind of weird that the Odyssey class was being discontinued).

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom